agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 9 of 14  [ 692 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
Offline pmw
Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:03 pm Post 
I'm just leaving this here. Just good example how most gtr-drivers are drivin @ S2.

Roman(driving LX4 front of onboard car) had blueflag. Take a look at accelerationbar in right bottom corner.

Link

Offline Frozeni
Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:20 am Post 
You shouldn't say most gt2 drivers are like that, because they are not. I have driven alot with the fastest gt2 guys and they almost always took a safe line to avoid collission.

But yeah, it gets worse when you look at the back grid of gt2's though, especially when they midrace join and dont respect cars ahead of them what are lower class :/

Offline Speed Senna
Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:19 pm Post 
That happens often like 1 year ago or more. Nowdays its more safe, but GT2 days, there's a lot of clowns :nono:

Offline franky.s
Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:39 pm Post 
lol its worse.

all gtr drivers thinked blue means a guy being lapped must disappear from track and let him pass. thery are wrong and thats why they end up hitting everyone.

Offline sermilan
Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:11 pm Post 
franky.s wrote:
all gtr drivers...

Frozeni wrote:
You shouldn't say most gt2 drivers are like that, because they are not. I have driven alot with the fastest gt2 guys and they almost always took a safe line to avoid collission.

:nono:

Offline Skagen
Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:44 pm Post 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalization

Offline pmw
Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:32 pm Post 
I had small "lan party" with three friends of mine. We raced at cargame S2. Mostly, races were clean. But most crashes did happen with GTRs. And almost everytime, GTR drivers start to cry about blueflags bla bla bla.

And usually in this point, someone says "it's difficult to pass slow vehicle with supercar". ok. But GTRs got also huge amount of grip, and driver is more skilled (atleast should be!!).

Anyway, this converstation is pointless. I think only help in this case, would be radical safe% limitation change for GTR cars. Example, only with +97% safe you can drive GTRs. It would help a LOT.

Offline sermilan
Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:53 pm Post 
pmw wrote:
Example, only with +97% safe you can drive GTRs. It would help a LOT.

Iiiiiiiiimposible! We do drive SaTurDays and FBM days where, whether we want it or not, we lose considerable amount of rating. So let's just keep being careful to each other when lapping and keep reporting bad and aggressive drivers and everything will be fine (f)

Offline MorX
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:00 pm Post 
Pmw, i know what you mean and how you feel, first.

Second, it doesn't mean that the super glue grip, and highly trained professional GTR/2 class drivers contribute to a safe overtake. Successful overtaking is an equation of both drivers' IQ.
If ONE of those or more, is stupid, shit happens.

Generalization as posted before, is the answer. We don't need to say that "X" class drivers are stupid... i drive mostly or ONLY GT2/R (when on GTR server), that means what, i'm in the stupid drivers class?
Or when switching to the XFR, im making a shame of that class??

A conversation is never pointless, you ALWAYS find a clue! If you don't, then sorry but you don't like talking, so why you depress yourself?

Safety rating is A STUPID measure that SHOULD NOT reflect driver's abilities imho.
1) I can race with a UF1 forever getting 99,9%, spectating and predicting even the smallest chance of accident or yellow flag, then going straight on to a GT2 i've NEVER driven and cause a huge mess because im newbie with that much power, that means im a SAFE and skilled driver??
Of course the opposite can happen, im TOTALLY noob with XFG/XRG ... i was a demo user since earlier builds of this game, when it was firstly launched as demo... after that i've put that away and started 2(?) years ago as an S2 licensed jumping on cargame.nl and rapidly leveling up getting GT2 or XFR/UFR ...
If you get me to drive XRG on a full grid i think i'll cause bigger mess than that im creating now with the "fast cars".

2)it's a stupid measure, though its the only one way to force someone to have at LEAST some skills to be safe... when the limit is reached he can still be not that much cautious, being degraded, until he goes up on rating again... etc etc..

Best regards, sincerely
Evangelos :wink:

Offline sermilan
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:21 pm Post 
MorX wrote:
Successful overtaking is an equation of both drivers' IQ.

This is one of the best definitions I've heard so far :thumb:

Offline MorX
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:25 pm Post 
I would be explaining better what i wanted to say, on a double sized post than that if English was my native language, or if i was at home :P

(scratching balls at my office, not much work today :( )

Offline sermilan
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:31 pm Post 
MorX wrote:
I would be explaining better what i wanted to say...

You explained everything with that short sentence :wink:

Offline Skagen
Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:59 pm Post 
I think alot comes down to the fact that few, if none, of the GT2 drivers would be happy to loose a race because of backmarkers. Therefor most of us floor the throttle and hope for the best.

I wish Airio had a more intelligent algoritm to determine how safe an overtake was. Data about collision, flags, racing path, etc. are available to Airio, so atleast a simplified messure of overtaking safety could be implemented:

If one or more cars has the blue flag:
Check if there is any contact between blue flagged cars and any cars that have the right to pass.
Check if any cars go off the racing path during the blue flag period.
If there was no incidents, credit all involved cars with some "safe overtaking points" and maybe increase safety rating for involved cars.
If there was any incident, decrease safety rating and "safe overtaking points", but penitalize the overtaking cars double that of the cars beeing overtaken.

And off course, add a "safe overtaking points" > some value as a criteria for driving the GT2s, in addition to the allready implemented criterias.

Offline MorX
Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:05 pm Post 
Oh my .... :huh:

Then we're talking about Live for speed S3 development .... :P

Offline Skagen
Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:08 pm Post 
No, this could be done with InSim, i.e in Airio. But I don't think EQ Worry no longer is developing Airio..? :huh:
If so, that would also be another interesting topic: What happens with Airio with future updates? Either new content is added which Airio don't support, or there could be future API changes in InSim which can make Airio incompatible.

Offline pmw
Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:04 pm Post 
If you are increasing your safe% with XFG to 99%, and drive with GTRs it will decrease pretty fast.

Higher Experience + higher safe % limit with GTRs could be ok answer. Atleast better than now. I think safe% is a pretty good tool to show how people are driving. It goes down pretty fast if you cheated it up or learning new car.

GTR car is last cargroup you'll get after racing a long time. And not just long time, you need training for that, earn points. It should say something about skills are driving experience. You don't have to be fast to have good habits at the racing track. Ofcourse you can't always make good overtake but gosh, look at the video?!?! I mean those bricks who don't even try to pass correctly. He just wanted to keep up with other GTRs and didn't want to let off gas... what is main reason why GTRs are ramming --- atleast it looks like that to me.

So we are not talking here about GTR drivers with lack of skills. We are talking about stupid drivers who don't respect other drivers. Guy in the video, is good driver. He didn't care about other cars. Nothing to do with skills.

This is a simulator... You can't make a perfect safesystem. Or you should need admin spectators for all players in the race.

Offline MorX
Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:19 pm Post 
You should have said that on first hand
pmw wrote:
So we are not talking here about GTR drivers with lack of skills. We are talking about stupid drivers who don't respect other drivers

instead of this.
Quote:
I'm just leaving this here. Just good example how most gtr-drivers are drivin @ S2.

Me and Skagen, focused on generalization you've gone into.

I do agree that some of GT2 drivers are those retards, but NOT generally saying "gt2 drivers are retards".

Stupid drivers are everywhere, from UFB, to GTR.

saving a lot of typing into this conversation, in conclusion if you commented on the video with a simple premise
"some drivers are really stupid" we all would have accepted that easily without talking more than that :yes:

Offline pmw
Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:36 pm Post 
Well I linked a video, you can clearly see that guy in video is an idiot. I did even mentoin accelerationbar. Ofcourse I like to colorize things, by saying MOST, not ALL. But there is huge percent of GTR drivers doing that stuff.. Remembering example whole EvO team from last year, oohhh....

Offline MorX
Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:00 pm Post 
no there's not MOST or a few, or anything.

Some drivers is the correct, most doesnt mean anything to me. Happens to login and see a 50%, happens to me when i login and there's a 10%, some other people might experience a different percentage of bad drivers, either GT or lower classes.

Again, there's not a "huge percentage", that's not objective at all !!

At least for me, no, i dont see many of them driving like mad. Might be the exact hours im logging in... but i dont know.

Offline pmw
Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:06 pm Post 
Hm. So there's only one way to get some data. Next time we are racing in cargame, I'll take statistics. What cars were involved in crashes. Also need to remember that sometimes there are +25 TBO class cars and only few GTRs.. and still getting rammed by GTRs. Well, let's see next time.

Offline MorX
Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:24 pm Post 
:huh:

I'll create my LFS notebook .... i'll write down my everyday experiences hahaha

example

Today i logged in cargame.nl, pmw was online, we exchanged some chatting, he said he wants to be my gay partner, ohhhhhh Jesus, i was so tempted, he appeared to be so sure about his decision, cant wait :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a good night m8, this particular topic about crashers had endless conversations which we will never manage to end on a point unfortunately. Every single one has something new to show or do....
The best thing is just to shake our heads whispering "oh well... :fp:"

Offline pmw
Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:50 am Post 
I'm getting crashed like in video, umm maybe once in week. So it's not really big deal to write it down. Have fun by learning to read, chatting is difficult.

btw, is there some problem when I told about GTRs? Oh wait, are you one of "them"? Do you like to crash slower ones?

This ain't big deal for me, I'm not driving so much.

Offline Frozeni
Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:41 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
Successful overtaking is an equation of both drivers' IQ.

This is one of the best definitions I've heard so far :thumb:

This is indeed very well to the point said ;)

Safety rating along with experience rating doesnt tell you exactly what kind of a driver the person is, but it gives general info what you should expect from him.

And about blueflaggers, atleast from my point of view they aren't an issue, most of the time its clean

Offline MorX
Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:15 am Post 
An old fail of mine ... which reminded me of a stupid video @ youtube... :lol:

Link

Offline OTone
Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:32 am Post 
LOLOL

Offline fadeaway
Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:48 am Post 
OMG i LOLed so hard, both on track and dog action :lol: :respect:

Offline Skagen
Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:57 pm Post 
Hah, I've done this too a few times. And it almost happened to me again in GT2WS on Westhill.

Offline MorX
Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:06 pm Post 
Skagen wrote:
Hah, I've done this too a few times. And it almost happened to me again in GT2WS on Westhill.

When i saw the video with the dogs, that's what came to my mind... and found the .mpr i had recorded in the past :D

Offline MorX
Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:11 pm Post 
:lol:

Link

Offline Skagen
Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:00 pm Post 
Not my video, I just found this on Youtube:

Link

Offline franky.s
Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 pm Post 
morx.. the pink fx2 in first clip is me :DDD

Offline MorX
Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 pm Post 
franky.s wrote:
morx.. the pink fx2 in first clip is me :DDD

I hope you liked the song :D

Whop, whop whop whopwhop .... !! :lol:

They raped you muhahahaha

Offline franky.s
Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:30 pm Post 
yeah :l

song was horrible but it fits the horrible crash :P

Offline MorX
Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:50 pm Post 
You should see the video clip of this song :D

EPIC!!! hahahahahaha

Link

Offline sermilan
Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:39 am Post 
MorX wrote:
You should see the video clip of this song :D

Link

Offline DuHeC
Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:34 am Post 
Where did u find this guy. He is from Slovenija hahah!

Offline sermilan
Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:34 am Post 
DuHeC wrote:
He is from Slovenija hahah!

Yeah, this was a big hit here a few years a go, pretty cool song in my opinion, love the guy and his sense of humor :)

Offline MorX
Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:38 pm Post 
:respect:

Link

Offline OTone
Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:18 pm Post 
Ridiculous guy with girls acting like they like him when they are only in the video because of the money. :lol:

Offline fadeaway
Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:00 pm Post 
MorX wrote:
You should see the video clip of this song EPIC!!! hahahahahaha

me gusta Image

Offline Litro
Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:23 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
MAGNIFICO "Hir aj kam, hir aj go"

Thanks for nice song! :thumb:
PS. His other songs are amazing too, unique style.' 8)

Offline Pierre Dole
Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:48 am Post 
Its just a test of my new hardware. See the discription for details.

Link

Offline Litro
Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 am Post 
:thumb:

Offline OTone
Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:38 pm Post 
Nice.

Can you tell me how you can put that camera and the digital rev counter and speedometer? :thumb:

Offline Pierre Dole
Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:10 pm Post 
Ronus wrote:
Can you tell me how you can put that camera and the digital rev counter and speedometer? :thumb:

The digital speedmeter is a mod called 'digital speedo': http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44054

The rest was made in the LFS settings.

Offline Litro
Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:32 pm Post 

Link

Offline OTone
Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:40 pm Post 

AFX

Offline Frozeni
Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:57 am Post 
Nice one :D

Offline Skagen
Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:38 pm Post