agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 2  [ 59 posts ]
Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:55 pm Post 
Couple of weeks ago I started to program a bit more with PRISM. It already controls quite a lot of stuff on the S2 server but primarily on the background. But I wanted also some more foreground stuff so I made an account information screen which now appears upon connection on the left of the screen;

Currently it shows,

[team] you can fill in your teamtag here if you are in a team. If you do that in the same way as your other team mates a button with a member counter appears (like the screenshot at the moment for me says; 8 members). If you click on that button it shows the team timelist.
[!ex],[!rank],[!rate] is your most critical Airio data, on these values the system decides which cars you are allowed to drive. (see also !infos if you want more information about this)

In the second section it shows what cars you are allowed to drive depending on this Airio data OR during special conditions like today, where it's GTI Saturday. It also shows an error message when your rating is that low that you can't drive on the S2 server anymore together with an advice to improve your safety rating on the S1 server.

You can request this screen at any time with the command $acc

team timelist

If you click on team timelist you get an overview of your team mates. Because I am not in a car it shows [no time] behind every name;

But you see a little bar with cars at the bottom of the table, with in this case all cars with road tires. If you click on slicks you get all cars with slick tires. I in this case now clicked on XFG and then you get this information;

---
You can also watch somebody elses account if you know his/her LFS account;

$acc bmxtwins ;

However, you cannot click on the team members button to compare your time against this team. Of course it maybe is nice if this also becomes possible

---
It's something I wanted for quite some time, when I'm in more creative/motivational mood I will create more. It still is also a bit buggy and I want to change/add some things but I just wanted to share this at this point ;)

Offline initial D AE86
Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:49 pm Post 
You can turn on it in s1 Dave? :wink:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:10 pm Post 
I don't want to do that at the moment because multiple information streams leads to bugs and I don't want to be annoyed by that at this point :wink:

Offline Moody
Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:12 pm Post 
Oh waw, so that little box has THAT MANY options to offer? I tought the new feature was the team tag thingy, but apparently I haven't clicked enough on it.

I am really into statistics and such, I usualy check LFSW every day, compare times etc so I'm finding this new feature awesome. Would love to see more miscellaneous stuff added in the future Dave! :D

Thank yooouu :woop:

Offline Sorin
Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:15 pm Post 
This is a nice idea Dave :thumb:

Offline Failezz
Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:16 pm Post 
:thumb:

Offline initial D AE86
Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:40 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
I don't want to do that at the moment because multiple information streams leads to bugs and I don't want to be annoyed by that at this point :wink:

I expected that, but anyway good idea Dave :thumb: :D

Offline sermilan
Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:45 pm Post 
Nice one Dave, noticed it last night :thumb:

Offline Obmit
Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:17 pm Post 
Very nice Dave, thank you :thumb:

Offline Pvt5tash
Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:05 pm Post 
Bloody hell, there goes another couple of hours. Once you start checking/ comparing it gets addictive. Damn you and your infernal time machine invention Dave... :thumb: :respect:

Offline Ulmo
Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:07 am Post 
Great job man :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:16 am Post 
I now display also the trackcode with a tiny button in front of the car options, and.. When you click on it, it's possible to switch track.

Spotted a nasty bug though. Its displaying the quickest lap, not the actual confirmed personal best. The web database isn't correct in all cases. I know what the problem is, will spend attention to that later. It basically means I need to export half a million database records again :wink:

* ... Oh and I made the profile screen appear every time you enter the pits / get out of the garage. It disappears automatically when you get past the pit exit.

Offline Speedy J
Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:19 am Post 
How large is the database with all the racers who joined CG and their statistics anyway? Must be a pretty huge set of 1's and 0's :o

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:44 am Post 
Around 70 Mb raw data which is not such a shocking digit these days. It contains 18700 LFS accounts though and 486021 recorded timings ;)

Since July-Aug I also let PRISM record S2 activity (and S0, but thats virtually none) which resulted in 6898 registered LFS accounts and 20512 IP addresses so LFS is not really 'dead' .. The biggest database table is the S2 chatlog though (220 Mb). With three million chatlines, since 10 Jan 2011 :x

--
However, when I want to do an export (Airio -> MySQL), the server doesn't like that so much and is crunching at least half an hour. Besides.. And that is the biggest problem.... I need to think, don't want to do that now :oops: :D

Offline initial D AE86
Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:27 am Post 
:respect:

Dave wrote:
When you click on it, it's possible to switch track.

I was looking for that button when I first saw table :thumb:

Offline Speedy J
Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:13 pm Post 
Yeah, data is not too huge, but the numbers about connected LFS-ers and their data are indeed impressive.

Dave wrote:
three million chatlines

:nah: 2.762.982 by "franky.s"

Offline franky.s
Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:30 pm Post 
atleast i contribute to something ;(

Offline Failezz
Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:59 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
2.762.982 by "franky.s"

raged from Ivonua :fp:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:02 pm Post 
Quick $acc access;

I made a click-able triangle in front of the track information area. If you click on it, it opens your $acc panel. If you click on it again, it closes.

steering wheel, keyboard or gamepad.
You can also click on it during racing when you drive.

mouse
You cannot click on it when you use mouse for racing. It becomes black to indicate it's not clickable. When you stop your car it automatically opens the profile screen and you are allowed to click on the hide/unhide button. When you are start rolling/driving again it automatically closes the screen and let the mouse pointer disappear (if you configured your controls like that, some people like to drive with mouse pointer (shift-z), of course the mouse pointer still will be there in this case). This is a workaround for the "mousepointer doesn't want to hide" problem which was reported in this topic.

Offline OTone
Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:16 pm Post 
Nice addition.

Offline ketalar
Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:23 pm Post 
hi and sorry for my poor english :huh:

more facts for this problem : talk-of-the-day/mousecursor-problems-on-the-server-t6418.html

On S2, this bug doesn't appears when you are just connecting and pit out for the first time. But, as soon as you pit , it appears.
No problem on S1...

Driving with mouse/kb, i cannot hide the cursor (shift+Z doesn't work) : if, when racing, i'm turning right, the cursor goes on the name of a player of the player's list and i left click to accelerate, i become spectator of this player (and my car is going off track or whatever...). I try to avoid this situation on putting my mouse's cursor on the top of my screen but i can't have an eye on it during all the race... It's very annoying.

Guillaume

Offline Speedy J
Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:24 pm Post 
Well you can hide the list with connected players by clicking n for one or two times. Then you don't know who is in race and it does not solve the problem but hopefully it is less annoying when driving :coke:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:22 pm Post 
I can't recreate this problem but Friday I am at Speedy's place (I think) and see whats happening

Offline Speedy J
Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:13 pm Post 
Good thinking :beer:

Offline MorX
Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:02 pm Post 
Someone remind me tomorrow to type down my workaround about this mouse cursor issue.
I found a way to recreate the issue (which is pretty common 9/10 times in my PC setup).

Do so, because at the moment i have no spare time :D

Offline Frozeni
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:15 am Post 
That would be pretty useful =)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:41 am Post 
:roll:

I need to fix the problem, why are people busy with workarounds? I don't get that. If I place a wall at start/finish people also going to figure out workarounds?

People are weird. :-? *sighs very deeply*

Offline ketalar
Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:30 am Post 
Quote:
Well you can hide the list with connected players by clicking n for one or two times. Then you don't know who is in race and it does not solve the problem but hopefully it is less annoying when driving

Yes, that what i did sometimes or press F9 to see tyres situation, but it's not very pratical...

See ya

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:32 pm Post 
shift-z should say: hide mouse
When driving / moving a BLACK triangle should appear on the top right corner in front of the track indicator. The account screen shouldn't be visible (auto hide, it shows when standing still).

In this situation the mouse pointer is still visible? I don't get that.

Anyway, will see tomorrow... Hopeless bug reporting people :)

Offline MorX
Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:59 pm Post 
First of all, my opinion is that bitching around isn't a feedback.
I never give half of the details and when im troubleshooting something i do it right. (I believe)

Here we go:

Windows 8.1 On Laptop (the only machine which runs my LFS setup)
1600x900 full screen
Mouse user (Cordless mouse WITHOUT logitech crapware - Touchpad has uninstalled drivers, fully disabled)
Toshiba's OSD for volume control and other shit staff doesnt exist. No popup windows or similar when using my laptop.

background programms which always run:
- Eset Smart security 7 (gaming mode when in full screen)
- Viber desktop (shutting it down has no effect)
- Skype (shutting it down has no effect)
- VNC Server (shutting it down has no effect)
- mTorrent (shutting it down has no effect)

PROBLEM:

1) Run LFS full screen, mouse hidden, etc etc
2) Join Cargame.nl S2
3) Pick a car / setup
4) Join race
5) Drive through pits
6) pass the pit line while keep driving

now what happens... sometime cursor get hidden automatically, some others dont. Yesterday didnt dissapear at all... i had to hide insim with shift+i (i repeat again, mouse is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS hidden with ctrl+z)
Sometimes cursor gets hidden automatically but after some alt+tab, some join/spectate ... this just stops.
Some other times, when i spectate and join the race again, it just stops hiding the cursor automatically. I need to do that again by shift+i

Hiding the insim osd is the only possible way for mouse users to get rid of this issue.
This of course just cancel's the developer's work because we actually hide that thing which is developed for some reason.

My 2 cents.

WHY someone is forced to see everytime that information on screen? There are commands for that... if he needs to.
It just creates frustration for some people, for others its kinda useful, other people might dont give a f00k and so on...

It's a feature afterall which is mostly a problem at this point.

I'll record a video of what's happening exactly.

Offline MorX
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:19 pm Post 
Had to record from cellphone cause fraps or any screen capture might act strange on mouse cursor affecting the result i wanted to show.
(btw, i cant even exit the pits properly using mouse buttons for throttle/brake .... i've only got used to have keyboard buttons for everything else but steering :lol: )

Video is up:

(when process is over it'll be available)

Link

Offline Moody
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:28 pm Post 
MorX wrote:
(when process is over it'll be available)

Hopefully today.

Offline Speedy J
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:38 pm Post 
Probably next week (Greek Style Youtube MC's)

Offline Frozeni
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:38 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
shift-z should say: hide mouse
When driving / moving a BLACK triangle should appear on the top right corner in front of the track indicator. The account screen shouldn't be visible (auto hide, it shows when standing still).

In this situation the mouse pointer is still visible? I don't get that.

Anyway, will see tomorrow... Hopeless bug reporting people :)

Shift + z doesnt affect it at all, it does work normally but the mouse cursor effect is coming from somewhere else.

Usually it's when additional stuff pops to the screen, shift + i helps to this.

And after race every time one stops the car, the cursor keeps reappearing :/

Offline MorX
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:51 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:

And after race every time one stops the car, the cursor keeps reappearing :/

Frozeni what the hell are you missing?

CURSOR REAPPEARS WHEN STOPPED = FEATURE!
That's how its supposed to work that thingy Dave developed.

Okay with that? That's normal.

Shift + I hides insim stuff related, like those panels you see, along with the cursor which is insim's call to be visible.

P.S. I dont know what's taking so long for the video to be processed by youtube, didnt upload boobs or something :lol:

Offline Frozeni
Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:04 pm Post 
Alright, fine then =)

As long as it doesnt appear while actually racing it's perfecly okay :thumb:

Offline MorX
Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:08 pm Post 
As long as you dont face any issues it's fine for you. BUT what's your contribution about PC settings etc like the feedback i gave so we can solve this issue?

Maybe it's OS related, LFS config related, other programm related?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:10 pm Post 
Easy girls don't loose patience.. That "feature" indeed is intended when standing still but only mouse users have that (at the moment).

The thing is that I needed to do a shitload of stuff to actually make it work for mouse users but apparently still some have troubles. I haven't any mouse pointer trouble (Moody either), don't see it, works properly. So it's some kind of LFS setting, I have no cluez. I need to see it otherwise I cannot fix it :fp: .. "Luckily" Speedy has it too, so when I am at his place I can actually see what goes wrong.

MorX wrote:
that thing which is developed for some reason.

In the long run it needs to replace Airio completely because I am afraid that there comes a point in time that this goes end of life. The dev doesn't want anything to do with it anymore and when we finally after 68 years get a LFS update chances are that the LFS API structure also gets updated in a way it gets incompatible. Well, actually I hope it breaks because I have a wish list :D

--
So I (we) can ignore problems but ignoring problems won't solve problems. (f)

And yes I want that window. But the problem is not the window, the problem is the little triangle.. Well... At least I suspect that.

Offline Speedy J
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:12 pm Post 
Morx, after you have changed to desptop and go back to lfs screen, you leave pits and after info disappears, mousecursor stays. I wonder what will happen when you stop the car, then start driving again. When stopping, the info appears, mouse cursor stays, but I think when you start driving again, both info and cursor will disappear. Can you check that?

Offline MorX
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:15 pm Post 
Yep Speedy, checked that too.

If the cursor insists showing up when moving and stop the car, then it stays there forever unless i hide insim (shift+I).
On the other hand, the information window behaves as it should! Same goes for the triangle on the upper right corner of the screen.

When i spoke with dave a few weeks ago on Teamspeak, he mentioned that there might be an event triggering that cursor behavior.
Considering that there are only a few mouse users complaining about this problem and not everyone has it, then it might be a combination of OS or background programms or other LFS configurations.... i dont know.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:27 pm Post 
Interesting video Morxie! Lets try that myself. 8)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:33 pm Post 
Wait a minute.. You alt tab, but do you spectate? Or do you get auto spectated for idling?

Offline MorX
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:35 pm Post 
I dont know if you remember when we spoke at TS but

E-> throttle
W-> brake
Q-> clutch

mouse movement for steering

rightclick -> handbrake
leftclick -> high beam :devil:

It might be the combination of driving with mouse and using keyboard simultaneously :huh:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:41 pm Post 
No. Because I tried that too.. What you can do is share cfg.txt in your LFS directory.. This works I think? http://www.sendspace.com/

cfg.txt normally doesn't hold any secret data like passwords but double check if you like :wink:

edit: aallthhooughh.. It doesn't contain keyboard mappings.. I think...

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:53 pm Post 
No it doesn't contain those settings.. Ppff.. You know what? Lets wait until tomorrow, then I probably see it within five minutes :fp:

I hope.

Offline MorX
Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:16 pm Post 
alright

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:59 am Post 
Everything about this project keeps me busy... Others too; https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=84892 :lol:

Offline ketalar
Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:00 am Post 
My config :

Linux UBuntu 12.04 , running LFS with Wine
1600x900 full screen
Mouse user + kb :
- left click : throttle
- right click : brake
- steering

S : shift up
X : shift down

background programms which always run:
- Psensor (temp indicator)
- System Load Indicator

PROBLEM:

1) Run LFS full screen, mouse hidden, etc etc
2) Join Cargame.nl S2
3) Pick a car / setup
4) Join race
5) Drive through pits
6) pass the pit line while keep driving

Exactly same problems that Morx. Shift + I hide the cursor --> cool :respect:

Have a nice day.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:19 pm Post 
OK, I made a change yesterday after I found some bug. I wonder if it now still occurs somewhere.

--
The bug; staying in pitlane => race restart.. InSim still thought you was in pitlane instead of grid and got completely confuzzeedd...

Offline Speedy J
Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:48 am Post 
:thumb: :coffee:

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next