agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Offline Grill
Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:00 pm Post 
Hello , i want to ask something simple. Why is multiclass played on the cargame.nl S2 server. Isn't it more funny when all drive one car? Now when i come to cargame.nl i can race only with ~10 people who have the same car as me. And if i try to do a fast lap i can't because there is always some XFG's on the track. When only XFG and XRG are allowed i have a lot of fun! Maybe we should be able to choose cars when we choose a track? Nowadays i can't find other server for racing expect cargame.

Offline initial D AE86
Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:37 pm Post 
Everyone wants to ride his favorite car, and change the car depending on the mood...
Beyond that is too few players to fill any more servers :wink:
After a while you get used to it and will not be a problem for you, unless... :P

sorry for bad english :oops:

Offline andrius g.
Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:16 pm Post 
Totally agree with you grill,but there's just to less people who wants to race std every day :(.maybe one day....

Offline kiyoshi
Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:27 pm Post 
See here: http://www.cargame.nl/forum/multiclass-server-s2/std-racing-every-day-t5723.html

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:42 pm Post 
Grill wrote:
Why is multiclass played on the cargame.nl S2 server.

Because there are not a lot of racers and the racers we still find online have a very big difference of 'taste'. I get the feeling it's not possible to make a permanent server split, I'm afraid the current community falls apart when I decide to make such big changes.

It's not the same as 2-3 years back when servers didn't go empty during the European night. If racing continues 24h a day then it's a good indication to think about splitting up. That LFS racing servers aren't populated day and night anymore is not the fault of server owners, in my eyes.

What can be improved though, is the level of competition. Like in CTRA days with tables, points, nice website bladiebla. I could make that, I have the power to do that. But, I'm not motivated to do it until I get my believes back that LFS is going to be a great racing simulator which it used to be. I'm quite disappointed in the lack of communication from development, it's almost like they are having some sort of disorder :-? .. I'm afraid everything in the end is going to be taken over by pCARS. I hope not, but, I'm taking it into account. By todays standards LFS is offering not enough, physics are nice but the rest is hopelessly old. Especially the choice of tracks is appalling, at least 5-10 IRL tracks are needed to get some interest back from the BIG online racing community.

And I don't see the point to wait endlessly with that. Don't get that at all.

Besides... I want to have a good talk with devs about server redirection. LFS needs server redirection. That a server owner can automatically teleport someone to a different server upon connection. It's all not hard to do as developer but when you are acting like you are dead for months... Then it's not getting you very far :roll: :duh:

Offline Grill
Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:58 pm Post 
Now i understand, thank you for your detailed answer nl2dav.

[ 6 posts ]