agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 2  [ 55 posts ]
Offline andrius g.
Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:38 pm Post 
Yesterday i heard it from many drivers,that xfg/xrg is the best racing in the server,so i thing it would be greatw to race with xfg/xrg cars every day from 18.00 cet.Who agrees with this?

Offline MorX
Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:11 pm Post 
i dont.

it's a multiclass server, events should be considered during weekend.

Normal working days, i only want (i believe most people do) to hop in, chose any car i want depending on mood and race.

Offline DOC
Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:28 am Post 
MorX wrote:
Normal working days, i only want (i believe most people do) to hop in, chose any car i want depending on mood and race.

+1 :thumb:

Offline Brillemonster
Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:31 am Post 
I totally agree with MorX.

Offline initial D AE86
Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 am Post 
it as it is now , is ok, I just do not like FBM on Sunday, but Saturday (xfg,xrg) is cool,I also sometimes choose a s1 Saturday and Sunday

xrt power 8)

Offline OTone
Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:03 am Post 
lol I don't think so mate.
MorX said everything.

Offline initial D AE86
Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:55 am Post 
:P

Offline andrius g.
Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:17 am Post 
yes,morx has very good arguments about the multiclass,but i don't say that std racing should be whole day,just a couple hours on the evening.

Offline MorX
Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:25 am Post 
andrius g. wrote:
yes,morx has very good arguments about the multiclass,but i don't say that std racing should be whole day,just a couple hours on the evening.

and what happens about people who can only play on normal week days, during THAT exact time?

Offline tRoopeR
Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:32 am Post 
and actually the server has the most traffic at these times.

Offline kiyoshi
Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:45 pm Post 
In the 'good old days' when CTRA (for example) was active, the most popular server was the std class one & there was always the great racing etc. that we love, so you are right that it is good racing, and popular. There were other active servers then though, so people had a fairly good choice of what racing they wanted.

These days, there just aren't enough drivers to go around, and I think CG has chosen to make their main server multiclass so people get more choice of what to drive. It is the most popular server, so it seems that is the right decision. Personally, I don't think it's ideal - I'd like to race in more limited classes more often, but really the problem is the lack of players. Hopefully that won't get too much worse too quickly. It does seem to settled down a bit.

It might be nice to have different limited class 'events' on more days, but not every day.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:58 pm Post 
I think it currently is balanced out OK.

We need more racers to split classes between servers like in CTRA days. Problem is that more racers can only be attracted with a major LFS update.

Offline MorX
Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:41 pm Post 
DAVE !!! Why dont you attract new players, with a new LFS patch ??? Come on !! :lol:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:13 pm Post 
Will break into Scawens house. Steal source code..

Free damn Scirocco! :x

Offline MorX
Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:02 pm Post 
When Scirocco comes out, im sure VW will revive Transporter (T1) and Audi its first Superbike (Ducati gen)
...... hahaha

Offline andrius g.
Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:08 pm Post 
Yes,i understand that not all drivers want to race one class,but then it could be more events with one class,like races on saturday evening where you can win some cg rank points,that would attract many players.Ofcourse there are already many players,who reached highest class,but there are many who want's to reach it quicker.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:12 pm Post 
This whole points thing is not designed correctly. I would much rather have a completely different system.

The current system is based on level of activity not on race performance. The table you get on the end of every race on S2 is. But I stopped spending time to improve that because about everything is stalled with LFS. For example, I'm also dependent on this; http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php? ... ost1706698. Development also stalled as you can see. I'm not going to spend time on a simulator which seems to be dying.

I think I cannot 'attract many players'. Not on my own. Need LFS devs for that. Scawen needs to be stop playing like he is dead. Otherwise its a downwards spiral.

And I said yesterday 'free damn Scirocco' but thats more a funny remark. We don't need that f.[beep] car, yet. We need tracks. And that is not hard to do at all.

Offline MorX
Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:46 pm Post 
DAVE, YOU SUPER DUPER AMAZING DEVELOPER, YOU HANDSOME PRETTY GORGEOUS MAN, GREAT SUCCESSFUL ADMIN etc etc......

i think you need to add mrt !!! :lief:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:13 pm Post 
Already there on the S1 server.

Maybe an one class only evening on S1 .. Yes.. Thats an option. But no more changes on the S2 server.

Offline andrius g.
Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:22 am Post 
If only,in lfs people could create tracks by theirselfes like in rfactor,it would be much easier.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:54 am Post 
There is loads of talent in the community. I understand the choice to not create a track editor but not using the power of the community I do not get that. Or hire some other peopz to do the job.

I have no idea what Eric is doing but to me it seems like a lazy negro up to this point. Sorry if any dev is reading this, but I have no other way to look at it. FOUR years have passed without ANY significant graphical update, let alone, a track release. Some serious mismanagment is going on. I know they hate that word but there need to be some sort of management otherwise just close the main control server and tell everybody to get the f. out.

Offline MorX
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:08 am Post 
Besides, it feels so dangerous to drive on a Sexually Transmitted Disease event ....

there's often car sex... so... NO !!!! :x

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:10 am Post 
This reference is only for UK people. Are you from UK? No.

Offline MorX
Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:56 am Post 
No Dave, im a lazy ass poor Greek :oops:

Offline Speedy J
Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:00 am Post 
Well that's always better than a hardworking ass poor Dutchman :lol:

Offline MorX
Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:04 am Post 
SpeedyGay !!!!! How you doin' !! :dag:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:34 pm Post 
MorX wrote:
im a lazy ass poor Greek

:aai:

Offline DOC
Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:49 pm Post 
wy not make a class rotation instead of std day every week? realy like to have 1 day in week xfg, next week fxo, next week lx4 and so on....
principle i like std day but i also whould like to race a fxo day for example.

Peace Doc :wine:

and a single seater some times... wy not :thumb:

Offline MorX
Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:01 pm Post 
an event with all "formula" cars would be nice.

both BMWs / XR / V8 ... a mixed one, from slowest and easiest to manipulate, moderate and advanced of course....

Offline Speedy J
Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:41 am Post 
LX4... Formula cars. It sounds so nice, really. But you don't want to know what a crashparty that will be... A handfull of experienced racers in a grid with over 50% who can not control the cars. GT2 day and FBM day give a good indication.

Then the forum wil be filled with reports and complaints about "the fucking server". No thanks :wink:

Offline MorX
Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:58 am Post 
I think it's not about the cars racing during the event.

Shit happens a lot, either with mixed car classes, or with 1 car type event

If only player's safety rating would be separate for each car.... and more strict about dropping when causing mess.

Offline kiyoshi
Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:27 am Post 
Maybe it would be worth trying as Doc says - some more 'event' days of different classes.

Single class is more of a race than just having a few cars in each class & maybe it's more chance for people to learn a bit more.

I don't think reports & complaints would increase, because they are currently mostly about people being repeatedly or deliberately stupid.
You could argue that more cars will be racing closer, so causing more incidents, but a lot of the current incidents are due to the large variation in class.

Offline andrius g.
Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:41 pm Post 
kiyoshi wrote:

totally agree with you,it would be great,pure racing,and i also think that there is more reports when some ufb crashes fxo in the corner,than the std race events :D

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:46 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
The table you get on the end of every race on S2 is. But I stopped spending time to improve that because about everything is stalled with LFS.

Did some serious bug fixing on that, the last days. 8)

Also something related to that, the web chat log, should be working OK now (wrong LFS accounts got attached to driver names).

I have some idea's for further improvement :coffee:

Offline iago fontes
Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:08 pm Post 
saturday eve there will be no racing today?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:09 pm Post 
What? Why not?

Offline iago fontes
Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:12 pm Post 
s2 is the sever with cars gtr so far

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:35 pm Post 
Yes, I fixed it. :thumb:

Thanks for the report. Im sitting in a café so cannot join myself but have fun 8)

Offline racingblog.tbz`
Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:26 pm Post 

currently also...

Offline iago fontes
Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:20 pm Post 
apparently did not have the std today

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:21 pm Post 
Ok, now really discovered what goes wrong :roll: :x :D

Offline Brillemonster
Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:47 am Post 
Is STD-saturday over or something? I was driving UFR today, and I saw FXR's and LX4's driving.

Offline sermilan
Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:52 am Post 
It is the hour of 17h CET when the clash of the mightiest machines in LFS starts... the battle of epic proportions, the battle for honor, the battle for glory... every Saturday of every week the deafening roar of mighty machines can be heard on every corner of the Earth and beyond... but only after 17h CET :wink:

Offline Brillemonster
Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:24 am Post 
Ah, you are right. :oops: :fp: I tottaly forgot about that...

Offline Frozeni
Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:08 pm Post 
Only good thing with std saturday is that there is sometimes fbm sunday after it ;)

Offline BMW-gek
Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:45 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
It is the hour of 17h CET when the clash of the mightiest machines in LFS starts... the battle of epic proportions, the battle for honor, the battle for glory... every Saturday of every week the deafening roar of mighty machines can be heard on every corner of the Earth and beyond... but only after 17h CET

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

Offline iago fontes
Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:58 pm Post 
Good afternoon everyone, I know I'm being annoying, every Saturday coming here to ask if there will be no STD, but I can no longer get to play during the week due to my work and look forward to the Saturdays in order to drive STD, today I see that there will be no, there could be a table of the days that we play without the slicks, thanks for listening.

Offline sermilan
Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:06 pm Post 
Good afternoon everyone...

The answer for your qestion Sir, lies just 5 posts above and it goes like this:

sermilan wrote:
It is the hour of 17h CET when the clash of the mightiest machines in LFS starts... the battle of epic proportions, the battle for honor, the battle for glory... every Saturday of every week the deafening roar of mighty machines can be heard on every corner of the Earth and beyond... but only after 17h CET

Good afternoon to you too :wink:

Offline iago fontes
Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:20 pm Post 
this daylight savings here in Brazil is confusing me, I apologize.

Offline sermilan
Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:49 pm Post 
I apologize.

No need to :wink: , see ya on track later on :thumb:

[ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next