agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 2  [ 78 posts ]
Offline DOC
Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:34 pm Post 
Hi all,

just want to ask what you people think about a single seater day?

Its a long time to F1 starts again and i miss FBM a little bit. BtW, a few days ago i did some Races with FOX on FM Server and i have to say the old feeling comes back very quick :woop:
So wy not a try with a FOX Day??? Some will say it could end in a crash festival but some may remember the older days were we had much fun with many FOX Racers! :yes:

Maybe a Rotation is possible, like: 1 Week GT2(or STD:) 1 Week FBM 1 Week FOX....

Just a suggestion

Peace DOC

Offline sermilan
Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 pm Post 
DOC wrote:
So wy not a try with a FOX Day?

+1
FOX is fun to race, even more than FBM and it's not that hard to get accustom to

DOC wrote:
Maybe a Rotation is possible, like: 1 Week GT2(or STD:) 1 Week FBM 1 Week FOX....

FBM and FOX in rotation would be too much probably

Offline Nick7
Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:35 am Post 
I really love FBM days :)
FOX wouldn't be bad, but it's not that much different to FBM.

F08 or higher would be kindof a mayhem tho.... and FJR sucks (needs clutch) :P

.. just add mode FBM days please! :)

Offline Litro
Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:29 am Post 
FOX sux for me :D i better choose FO8 or BF1 :D

Offline sermilan
Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:42 pm Post 
Litro wrote:
better choose FO8 or BF1

I like them more too, but especially FO8 is damn hard to drive if your skills aren't high

What about FOX days on OW server? Would you guys be interested even if S2 is full at the same time?

Offline Litro
Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:41 pm Post 
just did BF1 at OW. <3 dat speed :D

Offline kiyoshi
Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:04 pm Post 
FOX > FBM

Offline DOC
Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:16 pm Post 
Ahhh, come on... BF1 or FO8 on public server :fp: most of us are happy to keep this cars on track without any battles :lol:

But i think FOX works :yes:

Offline Nick7
Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:35 pm Post 
kiyoshi wrote:
FOX > FBM

FBM > FOX :P

Offline OTone
Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:35 pm Post 
kiyoshi wrote:
FOX > FBM

+1

A single seater from now and then would be good to vary a bit.

Offline sermilan
Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:13 am Post 
Here's a replay from the other day of how fun FOX racing can be :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?8rh52vztcprqwqg
The best part starts from half of the lap 2

Offline Senninha25
Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:21 pm Post 
Multiclass single-seaters, FBM vs FOX? :)

Offline franky.s
Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:48 pm Post 
i say fox. people getting bored of gt2 day now since we can have it every other day.

please make single seater every 2nd sunday or something to rotate with gt2 day.

Offline OTone
Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 am Post 
sermilan wrote:
Here's a replay from the other day of how fun FOX racing can be :)

Don't forget that FOX is not an easy car to drive for rookies.

I prefer FOX over FBM any day of the week but maybe choosing FOX can interrupt the silence in the report section. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'll say bring back FBM. :thumb:

Offline Frozeni
Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:02 am Post 
sermilan wrote:
Here's a replay from the other day of how fun FOX racing can be

"bLb, Steelbeen and Sermilan - Replay"

That's enough to know it's clean and epic :D

E: And yeah.. FOX or FBM back in weekly routine would be great. Give them a chance atleast, you never know how people will adapt to new cars :)

Offline sermilan
Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 am Post 
OTone wrote:
Don't forget that FOX is not an easy car to drive for rookies.

FBM was also hard for rookies in the beginning, many incidents in first days.
Double class FBM & FOX maybe with higher safety rating for FOX?

Frozeni wrote:
That's enough to know it's clean and epic

You were always good too in FOX as I can remember :thumb:

Offline Speedy J
Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:08 am Post 
What happened to the dedicated FOX server, Fox Junkies or something? Not there any more?

Offline sermilan
Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:47 am Post 
Speedy J wrote:
What happened to the dedicated FOX server, Fox Junkies or something? Not there any more?

Great way to tell us you're not interested in introducing FOX to CG :lol:

At least I gave it up for 2 reasons:
1. admins don't work on filtering out the retards
2. tracks that are mostly chosen were WE1 and SO

It's not very populated these days, anyway.

I see that it's very hard to convince you and especially Dave to make changes on S2 server, which is understandable and I didn't expect great success, but how about doing this on OW server?
The question for racers is would they be interested to race FOX day, for example, on OW server while S2 is crowded? Would they prefer to try it out in spite S2 being popular at the same moment?

Offline franky.s
Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:39 am Post 
sermilan wrote:
The question for racers is would they be interested to race FOX day, for example, on OW server while S2 is crowded? Would they prefer to try it out in spite S2 being popular at the same moment?

nope. unless you called it "cargame.nl #2" to trick people to think its a 2nd multiclass server :[ . no one goes on the OW or GTR server anymore and changing it to FOX wont help imo.

Offline Nick7
Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:55 am Post 
Unfortunately, franky is right...

Offline Speedy J
Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:04 pm Post 
Well...

My idea is that a lot of people who connect to LFS watch the serverlist and join a server that is kind of crowded.
With S2 being rather full and another server where people can drive FOX (or FBM) dedicated for a day, that might work. Noticed that whenever we drove with around 10 people on GTR server; there always join more players then. And yes, you would need an active admin around too.

sermilan wrote:
Great way to tell us you're not interested in introducing FOX to CG :lol:

No no, don't get me wrong! I am interested, would like to see if I can drive FOX myself even :wink: . But I doubt if there are enough active racers and I really thought FOX junkies was still populair. Didn't know that for sure.

Offline franky.s
Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:04 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
But I doubt if there are enough active racers and I really thought FOX junkies was still populair. Didn't know that for sure.

not so sure about the server. but with using fox you attract the people who used to race on fox junkys and people that still do.

Offline sermilan
Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:39 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
No no, don't get me wrong! I am interested, would like to see if I can drive FOX myself even . But I doubt if there are enough active racers and I really thought FOX junkies was still populair.

It's not that popular any more... I stated my reasons why I stopped going there, I don't know for others. But I didn't lose the wish to race them 8)

I say we can give it a try. Limit it to only FBM and FOX for one day (because when there are FO8 and BF1 the choice is to big for a too small grid). FBM for beginners (and for those who prefer it) and FOX for a bit more experienced racers. FOX is more fun, you'll see :wink:
Set a standard to reach to be able to drive FOX (like safety rating or experience rating) and we could go.

We don't need an admin on the first events, 'cause obviously we don't think it will be too crowded. Even if something happens, we can contact admins very easily through TS or even coming to S2.

I think it's worth trying, since there have been several racers already, moaning about lack of SS racing and FBM days have proven success.

Offline Frozeni
Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:28 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
You were always good too in FOX as I can remember

Haven't had a place to drive it for over a year.. They had some kind of area restriction, can't connect to any of their sites, servers or teamspeak.. Good ol' memories :)

Give them a try, it would be nice to have a few great races with singleseaters with these guys :)

Offline Speedy J
Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:43 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:
They had some kind of area restriction

We call that a ban nowadays :)

Offline OTone
Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:23 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
I think it's worth trying, since there have been several racers already, moaning about lack of SS racing and FBM days have proven success.

Couldn't agree more.

I'll say the same as you, FBM and FOX with some safety rate regulation.

Let's see what dave says about this.

Offline Frozeni
Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:04 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
We call that a ban nowadays :P

It's not a ban, something wrong with the server provider for failure and my internet service provider. ;)

Going neck to neck almost the whole race in south city, at maximum speed with Steelbeen or any other good driver.. i miss that. :cry:

Offline Speedy J
Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:00 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:
It's not a ban

I know, I was kidding :coke:

Offline TEM|Y.Laprevotte
Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:51 pm Post 
OTone wrote:
I'll say the same as you, FBM and FOX with some safety rate regulation.

Why not just alternate, FBM one day, FOX the other? Or just stick with FBM if you are affraid of mayhem?

Having a double class system with 2 cars that appeals to the very same audience only helps to dilute the field, not increase it. JMO.

Offline Nick7
Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:41 am Post 
Another Sunday, another GT2/FBM day.. oh, wait. Again GT2 day.
C'm on.. no FBM day since F1 ended....

Offline OTone
Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:57 am Post 
No more single seaters, unfortunately.

Offline sermilan
Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:33 pm Post 
Dave & Speedy - how about limiting OW server just for FBM and FOX for now?

I have the feeling it would attract 10-15 racers on evenings, without reducing the regular number of racers on S2. Besides, OW is empty most of the time and could be subjected to testing of these kind.

Offline Nick7
Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:28 pm Post 
Agree on that ^^ :)

Offline Frozeni
Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:03 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
I have the feeling it would attract 10-15 racers on evenings, without reducing the regular number of racers on S2

Great idea, completely support that :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline TEM|Y.Laprevotte
Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:21 am Post 
I second this idea. Although I am not very optimistic on its potential success.

Sadly since the devs merged the demo server lists with S1/S2, it's very hard for any new server to get visibility :(

Offline Nick7
Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:02 am Post 
Yet another Sunday, yet another no single-seater day.

Offline Sobis
Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 pm Post 
Senninha25 wrote:
Multiclass single-seaters, FBM vs FOX?

I'd love that.

Offline Nick7
Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:20 pm Post 
Where'd OW server go? :huh:

Offline OTone
Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:36 pm Post 
Nick7 wrote:
Yet another Sunday, yet another no single-seater day.

OTone wrote:
No more single seaters.

Offline Nick7
Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:30 am Post 
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Offline Litro
Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 pm Post 
Damn, where is my BF1 :D

Offline Steelbeen
Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:40 am Post 
Hey guys! I've been looking around on this forum every now and then, but never had anything to say, so I didn't register. That is until I saw this thread. :D

First of all, thanks for the kind words. Frozeni, I miss racing you too, hehe. It's been way too long since we had a FOX race!

Alright, back ontopic: Some of you may know how much I like single seaters, especially the FOX. That's why I've been reading this thread with great interest. I might not be completely objective, because of my unconditional love for the FOX, but I still have some input.

I don't know Dave as well as you guys, but as far as I can see, he knows what he's doing and he is thinking things through before he actually changes something. That's why I don't expect any change on Cargame S2 racing on sundays. The GT-cars are still quite popular and people like it, so there is no need to change anything there. I think Sermilan has the best solution though. I know about Cargame OW, although I haven't raced there more than once or twice. There's a good reason for that though: I am afraid that, once the server becomes more populated, more new guys join in and immediately hop into the BF1. I know how hard it is to drive that car without any experience. Hell, it's still hard for me now. I'm afraid that a new guy using the BF1 would ruin a good race. If the server was limited to just the FBM and the FOX, I'd be more than happy to join, because the chances of a race being ruined are slim. And to be honest, I think more people are afraid of that happening. Once there are about 10-15 people on the server, more will come, I'm sure about that. People just have to know others are going to be online too.

So, in conclusion, I think Cargame OW could be a lot more populare than it is today. It wouldn't even affect Cargame S2 too much, people would just get another server to join. I think there are still many people around who enjoy racing FBM/FOX (just look at the FBM days for example, pretty damn popular if you ask me), they just don't feel like there are any servers offering what they want. If I want to race the FOX, I join FOX Junkies. Sadly, people don't join as much as they used to, because they don't feel like others are going to join anyways, as it is with Cargame S2. I think the same thing could happen to Cargame OW, once it's being used right. The FO8 and BF1 will never be a success on public racing servers anyways.

My post is a little longer than I wanted to, I apologize for that. I hope you get my point though. (f)

Offline Frozeni
Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:09 pm Post 
Great to have you here Steel :thumb:

Well-written post with exellent points. BF1 should indeed be restricted from the server, it would be chaotic :roll: I wonder if it would be good to limit the new players with FBM and after good enough points/safety rating, they could drive FOX.

I haven't been on the OW server either that much, simply because there is no-one to drive against, but these changes hopefully bring OW back to life, atleast a bit. :roll:

Offline Nick7
Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 pm Post 
I'd also suggest random tracks for OW server.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:29 pm Post 
I didn't respond in this topic yet, to see how it's developing without me interfering in it.

But eehhh, you all have my attention.

The problem is the admin part. I don't see it happening that it's going to be controllable with three active servers. Therefore I want to extend the group of people with admin rights but... Server specific.. And also that either people get banned on a single server -or- CG global. Basically I'm not so happy with the current Airio system.

I'm capable to build something similar on my own, specially for kick/banning problem.. But.. The last months I really wasn't that motivated to do 'work' for LFS. Also been sick twice lately and after six weeks I finally get the idea its wearing off..

So.. To be in short, I'm not against this proposal but I just look a bit further ahead that if it gets popular how it needs to get managed.

About FOX.. It's difficult. I never wanted to interfere with FM-Failure his work (FOX Junkies servers if some don't know what I'm talking about). But has he given up, or what is the situation there?

Offline Speedy J
Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:48 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
how it needs to get managed.

When server regulars join the OW server, they should know that when there is no admin online there, they can connect to teamspeak or, if they are shy, connect to S2 server.
It means there will be a delay dealing with crashers but it might be a suboptimal solution, maybe worth a try...

Also when more people are on OW-server, I think me would be there more often too.

Offline franky.s
Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:40 pm Post 
maybe a system that if you type !admin or !alert , someone withs rights on s2 server will see this and come to OW server or whatever.

Offline DOC
Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:25 pm Post 
If i am not wrong we have Saturday XFG/XFR, Sunday GT2, Monday STD? And Friday is Normal at the Moment i think?

I wouldnt believe that this Weekend Combos work on S2 a few Month ago, but suprise, the Servers are full every week :thumb:

So wy not try Friday Single Seater (FBM/FOX)? Its a bit sad that FM Servers are not popular any more :( because i am sure that many Drivers like some Single Seater Action :woop:

I would give it a try :D but its just my personal view (f)

Peace DOC

www.right2water.eu

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:50 pm Post 
DOC wrote:
Friday Single Seater (FBM/FOX)?

definitly not FOX because that collides with Fragmaster's FOX Friday's Event.

Offline tRoopeR
Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:04 pm Post 
Why not GT2 and OW classes one race each alternately on sundays? So no other multiclass day is affected.

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next