agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 2 of 2  [ 78 posts ]
Offline OTone
Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:48 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:

definitly not FOX because that collides with Fragmaster's FOX Friday's Event.

I agree on that.

But a FOX/FBM day means loads of mini-races. Not an event like in Fox Junkies. Totally different thing.
Probably most of the people aren't interested to do a hour and half race but some sprint races instead.

I still think Fox is a bit too much for amateurs. But FBM has proven his popularity over the last F1 season.

All that's left in cargame.nl is some OW stuff.

Offline Steelbeen
Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:02 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:

Failure hasn't given up completely, he's still around every now and then. He sometimes joins FOX Junkies once the server is more crowded, either to keep an eye on everyone or to race as well. The FOX Fridays are still around and, although less popular than it used to be, probably will stay around.

@Ricardo: I understand what you mean. But on the other hand, when FOX Junkies was a bit more popular, most drivers were doing a good job. There are always going to be a few people struggling or driving a car they can't handle, but that even happens with the STD's. I think it's managable when someone is keeping an eye on things.

Btw, it's quite interesting to hear everyone's opinion. It seems like many people would still like to race the single seaters, yet nobody really uses them because nobody else does either. I think it's just one of those things that could become very popular once it gets up and running. People still fancy open wheel action, but even though it's provided (for example by FOX Junkies), it doesn't get used.

Edit: it looks like I can't even quote someone without messing up. :D Anyway, I was responding to cargame's question about whether FM-Failure had given up or not.

Offline Frozeni
Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:55 am Post 
I would say this is worth a shot :thumb:

Offline Nick7
Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:42 am Post 
I enjoyed FBM days, though sometimes it was a bit frustrating with newbs driving them ;)
As for FBM vs. FOX - IMO, don't see what's the huge deal? It's not that big of a difference.
Just take for example FXO vs. LX4 - same class, yet there's quite big difference in skill required to drive each.

But, as far as I'm concerned if there is going to be again single-seater day (yay!) make it either FBM or FOX.

Offline TEM|Y.Laprevotte
Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:51 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
About FOX.. It's difficult. I never wanted to interfere with FM-Failure his work (FOX Junkies servers if some don't know what I'm talking about). But has he given up, or what is the situation there?

Not really in the know about this, but it's close to dead isn't it? Even at peak hours it doesn't have more than 7 or 8 players online.

Their Friday weekly event is still doing OK however, but even there they are struggling to get a double digit amount of cars at the finish most of the time.

It's definitely nice of you to not want to get in concurrence with them... But here it gets to a point when the interest in their servers and events is so small, you can hardly harm them with concurrence anymore. I'm pretty sure they would understand the situation themselves, and have no had feelings if you organise some FOX racing at some point(preferably not on Friday for the reason you pointed out - granted).

Offline sermilan
Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:42 pm Post 
FM's FOX Friday survives because first of all there is an interest. They found a good modus also (one lap quali, long race with mandatory pit stop, points system etc.) and they are also a happy bunch of people, which all makes racing there fun. It's hard to endanger it even if one wanted to. On the contrary, if FOX racing is promoted daily, I think the number of racers on FOX Friday event could easily increase.
FOX Junkies, however, has died and as far as I know, they are not interested in making any changes to improve the number of regular racers. But... as one can see, there is still enough interest in every-day short single seater racing.

I suggested earlier that using (mostly empty) OW server with only two cars, FBM and FOX, would be the best idea to try to revive every-day single seater racing. Messing around with S2 server isn't such a good idea, in my opinion.
Those two mentioned single seater cars are the easiest one, tempting to newcomers to try. FO8 and BF1 are a different story and thus I think they should be disabled (maybe later "a big SS day" or something like that, but nothing at the moment), because they are too fast and you need real skills to master them.

Since the difference in speed of FBM and FOX is not that great, the chance of lapping (and accidents) is reduced to a minimum. You just simply race your class and that's it.

We won't need admins in the beginning. For any emergency coming to S2 or TS are there. For everything else, OW report section will do.

I also think it's worth trying, there have been close to 10 racers here debating in favor of doing something with it, I suppose there are more, but who don't decide to join the discussion.

So, my suggestion, basically, is not to mess around with S2 server, but to try to promote those two cars on the now empty OW server. If it fails, no harm done to those who prefer racing cars other than single seaters.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:15 pm Post 
Yeah.. Well.. I got it.. I think we are on the same level with thinking.

But FBM and FOX together? Is there something against it to make it alternating? So;

FBM on even weekdays 2,4,6(Mon,Wed,Fri) and FOX on the uneven ones 1,3,5,7 (Sun,Tue,Thu,Sat)?
And still have FBM on S2 during F1 on Sunday?

Offline Nick7
Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:34 pm Post 
Sounds good! :thumb:

Offline sermilan
Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:52 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
No need, in my opinion

Thanks Dave :thumb:

Offline Frozeni
Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:52 pm Post 
That sounds great!

Offline TEM|Y.Laprevotte
Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:45 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
FBM on even weekdays 2,4,6(Mon,Wed,Fri) and FOX on the uneven ones 1,3,5,7 (Sun,Tue,Thu,Sat)?

Agreed! Sounds great.

In favour of keeping FBM on S2 during F1 racedays also.

Offline Speedy J
Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:38 am Post 
ALthough there is a group who likes single seaters, there is also a group who does not :[

I would suggest to keep it on OW server. So there remains a choice.

Offline Nick7
Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 pm Post 
It's kindof debatable O:)

When there was FBM day on S2, there was always more than enough people.
Judging by that, you could say people like it.

On the other hand, people always felt S2 server is 'main' server to play on, so play regardless of what's on it.

In a same fashion, I don't like STD days, which blows, as it's on saturday... and thus don't play then.

Offline Speedy J
Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:15 pm Post 
I am glad to see that you are taking your necessary rest in one day of the week Nick :P

Offline sermilan
Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:29 pm Post 
When do the new rules apply?

Offline sermilan
Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:57 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
FBM on even weekdays 2,4,6(Mon,Wed,Fri) and FOX on the uneven ones 1,3,5,7 (Sun,Tue,Thu,Sat)

ven dis start?

Offline Nick7
Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:24 am Post 
ooo.... me likey! :thumb:

Offline sermilan
Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:22 am Post 
Ver iz mai tittiz? Hoo erazed dem?

Offline Speedy J
Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:28 am Post 
I think you have been Daved due to unallowed images 8)

Offline sermilan
Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 am Post 
Speedy J wrote:
I think you have been Daved due to unallowed images 8)

He may super-Dave me of the forum one day maybe, 'cause I'm being too persistent on this topic... I know :roll:

But seriously, I'd be more than happy to race OWs again with at least half a grid.

EDIT:

:roll:

Offline Frozeni
Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:02 am Post 
Gief us our FBM / FOX :honger:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:55 pm Post 
Let's postpone it ( :devil: )

Offline Frozeni
Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:16 pm Post 

Offline sermilan
Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:03 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Let's postpone it ( :devil: )

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:23 pm Post 
Nah seriously, this needs to be rolled out in a good way otherwise it simply fails. Hard.

Offline sermilan
Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:36 pm Post 
Anything we can help?

Offline sermilan
Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:45 pm Post 
Apart from spamming this thread, I mean?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:04 am Post 
I need to program some stuff for PRISM otherwise I think it is not going to work and I don't like things which aren't going to work. Sadly, I don't think somebody is capable enough to program PHP/PRISM. Seen nobody who did, other then some cruise enthousiastics.

Doesn't matter, I know I can do it. I just need some free time and some motivation to actually see LFS as a long term investment for le fun. I sometimes doubt that ;)

[ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2