agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:55 am Post 
Well... Kind of weird hm? Suddenly pulling a plug out of everything with just one line of text and nothing anymore. Literally nobody knew I was going to do that, although I gave some warning signs but I was doing that for months already. But, yeah, it was needed. I was completely fed up with how things are going concerning LFS, that I needed to abort everything in quite a drastic way. Not planning any come back, even not with a Westhill release! After the latest announcements I still wasn't that much interested to try it out myself. I was thinking of joining just a random server, play a little bit and then leaving it behind again. Especially because I counted the pit boxes in the video preview; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W01TJ6Mhsgg and counted 32 of them, I was sad....

However when I discovered that one of my main wishes got implemented after all; a race grid increase from 32 to 40 ... I got in quite a happy mood. Is it thát important Dave? Well yes, maybe not for CG but some of you know that I am also involved into league racing and it's just everything together which makes LFS. It's not just a track. So.. Ehm.. This grid increase is not only for Westhill but also for all the other tracks. Even rally grids got extra spots. I tested Westhill yesterday evening and early morning and there are some awesome custom layouts possible.

But... It takes time, running cargame.nl@LFS is not just flipping a switch and not looking after it anymore. It takes care everyday. Even more care now with these new capabilities. I cannot guarantee that I am up for it to be this involved again. Actually I was quite happy that I pulled the LFS plug, so, hhhmm... Eeehhh... Basically I have no clue. But concerning the amount of energy which is being spend in this good update, ànd, that basically my wish of grid slot size is being fulfilled. I cannot just be that arrogant and not at least take a serious look. So, thats the current status for this week (29/03 till 05/04). Upcoming friday I talk with Speedy J (again), it's my personal psych or something. So are you in a depression? No not at all but if LFS only annoys me then yes, it's not nice to carry that with you in the mind.

Offline Frozeni
Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:28 pm Post 
Its great to see the server back, and to see finally some progress with the tracks! :)

Gotta give the new Westhil a spin this evening :lief:

Offline initial D AE86
Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:37 pm Post 
:thumb:

Offline DuHeC
Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:51 am Post 
:thumb:

Offline iago fontes
Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:29 pm Post 
Thanks Dave, is a great joy to see you excited again, or it is for a brief moment, I hope the conversation with Speedy J is good, yesterday ran a layout of the new west very interesting hill, the track is in the vicinity of fixed tracks, I will ask my friend who made the track to send me it and I will send you so you can test it.

A big hug and a good week. :thumb:

Offline Speedy J
Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:31 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
Upcoming friday I talk with Speedy J (again)

Beer, schnitzel and a good talk :thumb:

Ah well, main thing is, or at least should be: fun. If this update means nice races, good and friendly people, there might be something to look forward to.

I might even dust off the wheel :nah:

Offline coppe
Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:54 pm Post 
Great news! Thanks for putting CG back up - even though nobody knows if or when a next depressive phase is kicking in. So please be a good psych Speedy! :thumb:

Offline crim
Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:50 am Post 
Great to have you back dave :thumb:

[ 8 posts ]