agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:37 pm Post 
I want better pedals so I made an order Tuesday...

Tuesday, already placed the order and paid wrote:
Express is cheaper then standard delivery? Weird.

yesterday wrote:
Hello Dave,

thanks for your order and interest in our products.

Yes that is correct. In some kilo classes UPS calculated for standard shipping more as for express shipping.

The exact reason we cannot explain.

Have a nice day!

early today, when I realised they still did nothing with my order wrote:
Thanks for your answer Katherina,

The website says pedals are in stock. Why does it take so long before its being send? It even is national shipping Germany->Germany. For 15 Euro's I expect a fast delivery like amazon.de does (which is next day delivery)...

Also have a nice day!

today wrote:
your order will be shipped out tomorrow.

There was a delay because the warehouse had inventory.

today wrote:
Well thats no point then..

I will not be there monday. Mailman would do an useless job.

Sigh.. Ah well.. :zzz: :wink:

Offline OTone
Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:06 pm Post 
I heard very good things about fanatecs warranty which is the most important thing in hardware servicing imo.

Thrustmaster has the worst warranty ever.

Logitech is very good in this regard.

Offline sermilan
Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:42 pm Post 
Logitech sucks in pots. They don't have spare ones, which is weird... so if they die out while your wheel is still in warranty, you get a completely new wheel. And if they die out after your warranty expires, you can throw your whole wheel through the window.

Offline Stan
Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:12 pm Post 
support is the best I had ever in my life! Send them my wheel after one week I got it back and a new base! One of the sensors where not ok from my pedals after 3 days a new one arrives!

Offline DrBen
Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 pm Post 
I recently had to "clean" my G25-GAS-pedal's potentiometer. It was showing strange, radical back-and-forth-movement when physically holding a perfectly-steady throttle position. Thanks to LFS' axes-display (in-cockpit view, as I always use that) I could tell this wasn't my foot doing the '"stuttering".

Took them pedals apart, using my "Giotto Rocket-blower" (I use that to clean dust from my photo-lenses, usually), cleaned out any accumulated dust around each pedal-base, but it all back together and voilĂ : back to perfectly normal again. I used some needle-plyers/grips to disengage the electrical cords from the potis, took them out one by one - in order to get a good angle-of-attack for blowing their insides out. Worked fine for me!

Maybe another 1..2 years of life left in the trusty old pedals? But for the moment, I'm back to mouse, anyway. Although the Logitech G700 (cordless laser) isn't the most reliable - the external buttons are of a much-too-thin design and begin to flex when heating up: thus the throttle disengages momentarily, sometimes, cause they would not properly relay the finger-pressure to the actual button-switches inside.

Bummer. I guess that was it for Logitech mice on my desk.

Cheers,
Heiko

[ 5 posts ]