agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 17 posts ]
Offline DOC
Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:45 pm Post 
Hi Racefans,

i found a very interesting Race Game these Days. Its called RaceRoom Racing Experience. I will try it this Weekend for a longer run but at first look it seems to be a very good Game. It have a Free2 Play Model that looks very fair at first sight, Graphics and Physiks looks/feels very good the few Minutes i tried it. But sadly there is no Multiplayer atm.

I'm curious to see how the Game develops in the coming Months.

http://game.raceroom.com/

If someone like to try it :)

Link

Found that Trailer for first look :D

Offline MorX
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:03 pm Post 
1) mouse control with lots of tweaking parameters

2) in-car view setup with lots of parameters (head shaking, field of view, 3axis position etc)

If it doesnt have the above 2 crucial for me, i wont give it a try.

f2p games are becoming a trend, and some good f2p + pay to win are totally worth it.
Way better than giving 60euros for a bullshit that goes to the bookshelf after a few hours.

Offline Failezz
Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:45 pm Post 
That BMW sound <33333

Offline franky.s
Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:22 pm Post 
i was part of the beta for this.

really good game , shame my wheel is broke. and morx, mouse works perfectly and views are adjustable.

Offline MorX
Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:41 pm Post 
franky.s wrote:
i was part of the beta for this.

really good game , shame my wheel is broke. and morx, mouse works perfectly and views are adjustable.

What kind mouse settings can be adjusted? Progressive steering? Smoothing? dead zone?

Would you mind going deeper into details about this please?

Offline franky.s
Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:59 am Post 
hmm seems mouse isnt supported in open beta. weird because its support in my closed beta version :l

owell. i guess you can just emulate ur mouse as a joystick.

Offline Frozeni
Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:01 am Post 
If they develop multiplayer for that and have many different steering options, i might give it a try :)

Offline Ulmo
Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:14 am Post 
Looks great !!

Thx for link :)

Offline v8star
Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:14 am Post 
Looks very interesting.

If the devs doin well with the Netcode this Game/Sim could be perfect.

Looots of released Sim's failed coz of Netcode :(

Offline Stan
Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:23 pm Post 
the physics are very bad I think, don't like it! :thumb_d:

Offline Skagen
Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:02 pm Post 
Does it support mouse steering in similar manner as LFS?

Offline MorX
Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:37 pm Post 
as previously mentioned by me (mouse user too) no it doesnt :/

Offline DOC
Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:13 pm Post 
I tested the Game now for a few hours and i think i dont put money in it.

The Graphics are realy good. Sadly with my old Core2duo and GF 8800GT i have to set the Details very low to play smooth and than it looks nearly like LFS.
Its not easy for me to find a proper Setup for my wheel (G25), the "feeling" for the Car is not as good as i want and like it is in LFS.
I miss a option to adjust fiew angle in cockpit.
The Cars you get for free, after Registration, are Great! Nice alternation to LFS.
The two Tracks, 1 Hillklimb 1 Racetrack, are fun to Drive and the Motivation to do better Laptimes is high because i can compare to others.
The biggest Plus of the Game are the Car Sounds! :thumb: With good Speakers or Earphones its just "GEIL" ! :o I wish LFS Cars could sound like this :kwijl:
The biggest Fail is the missing Multiplayer Part. :thumb_d: Nothing brings more Thrill than a hard LFS Race on CG Server :thumb:

So i stay to LFS for my daily Race Action. :thumb:

And if i need something diff. i still play GT Legends. Its the only Race Game i can Drive a Ford Capri RS on the Nordschleife !!! (f)

Offline Frozeni
Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:06 pm Post 
DOC wrote:
Nothing brings more Thrill than a hard LFS Race on CG Server :thumb:

Words of wisdom there :)

By the way, has anyone tried Rfactor 2 yet?

Offline franky.s
Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:34 pm Post 
you do know doc that its still being developed? multiplayer is coming and there is still alot of stuff coming.

dont count it yet, just wait for it to be finished

Offline MorX
Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:41 pm Post 
imagine people driving multiplayer on this game with some "nokia 3210" PCs at 12fps and 300msec ping times ... madness...

Offline Brillemonster
Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:30 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:
By the way, has anyone tried Rfactor 2 yet?

Yes I did. And it is not bad at all. I knew rFactor from the old days, and it couldn't compare with LFS (for the feeling of the car). But now it is pretty good, almost the same as LFS. But the online part is just not the thing. Most servers I've tried: Always training, always qualifying, always warm-up lap... I am sorry, but that's not my thing for a night of racing. Just give me the system of CG. Grid based on experience or best time ever (or whatever it is), and just race for it. Not just train for 30 mins (or even 60 sometimes), and then do a qualifying session (in what you are starting to fool around with teammates, just to get some fun), and then (if you are still motivated) do a race with a small grid (50> % (we were with 3 drivers from VLD) is your own team). And then do a race of 15 laps... Average laptime: 1.50.xx Ehm, I am very sorry, but the first time it was good to me, but when I did the track 2 times or more, it was boring... Very boring. A waste of my money, to be honest.

[ 17 posts ]