agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 20 posts ]
Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:08 pm Post 
I took the opportunity to make use of the confusion to design a different class system. This is because I want to achieve a better transparency across servers. It now is as follows;

Quote:
S2 server;
class1 xfg xrg ufb
class2 rb4 fxo
class2+xrt lx4
class3 lx6 rac fz5
class4 ufr xfr
class6 fx2 xr2 fz2
(class10 fbm)

S1 server;
class1 xfg xrg
class2 rb4 fxo
class2+xrt lx4
class3 lx6
class9 mrt

OW server;
class9 mrt
class10 fbm
class11 fox
class12 fjr
class14 fo8
class15 bf1

GTR server
class4 ufr xfr
class5 fx3 xr3 fz3
class6 fx2 xr2 fz2
class7 fxr xrr fzr
class12 fjr

The big difference is, that if you go to a different server, the class is still the same. In the old situation that didn't match at all with each other.

Because of this, I decided to also change the required points for each class. It now simply is class multiplied bij 100 points. So, it gets harder to reach class 2 (rb4/fxo); 200 points instead of 150 but once you are there it gets quite fast to 2+ (250) and 3(00), 4(00) etcetc.

Big exception is the MRT which now requires a lot more points. I compensated that by giving it a much lower experience requirement of only 200 on the S1 server.

* At some point I maybe decide to get rid of the whole point system anyway.

----
Now that every class means the same from server to server I can further work on my plan to improve LP ranking. I managed to get LP ranking working on multiple servers now, if you are on the demo server racing, you race in the same system as when you are racing on the S2 server. Because PRISM is now also active there, I could make the web chatlog also available for this server. If everything goes to plan I will extend it also to the S1 server (and so on and on).

I think almost nobody understands what I am doing but I will try to make it clearer in the upcoming weeks :coffee: :D

Offline initial D AE86
Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:39 pm Post 
Just today, I noticed someone came in to the server and have class 15 :o , and thought to myself that I only have class 6 :x , immediately thought that something Dave change, because more than class 6 not was impossible once :D

Offline pietjawawa
Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:41 pm Post 
Today i saw problem with loosing point after every race
my brother haved Class 2+ and after few races He have now Class 2. What is wrong with points?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:43 pm Post 
Who is your brother?

I think its not possible because class 2+ was 300 points and it now requires only 250 points. In fact he should be class 3 now.

Offline pietjawawa
Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:47 pm Post 
Dominoice, and my friend Susz. Yesterday Dominoice must get 30 points to class2+ and today he must get 80 points to class 2+. Yesterday Susz must get 48 points to class 2 and today he must get 88 points to class 2. I check now my profile (pietja18) and yesterday i haved class 3 and today i have class 5 so my profile is ok :)

Offline Skagen
Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:55 pm Post 
GT2 is lower class than FBM? I allways thought GT2 was more difficult to handle than FBM :)

But any plans to change SR requirements for car classes?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:59 pm Post 
Yeah hmm.. !pi doesn't match !rank.. It seems.

Some database problem I guess :-? ... I will try to fix it this night when servers are quiet again.

pietjawawa wrote:
Yesterday Susz must get 48 points to class 2 and today he must get 88 points to class 2.

This is correct. Points requirement for class 2 increased with 50 points.

pietjawawa wrote:
Yesterday Dominoice must get 30 points to class2+ and today he must get 80 points to class 2+.

This is weird.

Offline pietjawawa
Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:01 pm Post 
something is not right, now Dominoice is class 1 and point it disappeared from more than 200 to 113. Before the change he could use XRT.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:02 pm Post 
Skagen wrote:
But any plans to change SR requirements for car classes?

Does it need change?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:10 pm Post 
pietjawawa wrote:
something is not right, now Dominoice is class 1 and point it disappeared from more than 200 to 113. Before the change he could use XRT.

Yeah I noticed he has driven with FXO...

Like I said I will try to fix !pi when the servers are quiet again. Can't restart Airio at the busiest hour of the day. But he is not online anyway.

Most likely !rank says something completely different then !pi because it are two different databases but I can't check that when he isn't online.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:05 pm Post 
Ok restarted (not really planned but a lot is failing today apparantly)... It didn't helped. I officially do not know what happened.

Seems that he have to achieve 80 points, sorry :/

Offline Skagen
Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:28 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Does it need change?

Hmm, I think it is too easy to keep the rating up, which seems to make for some reckless driving at times. I was thinking maybe the severity of SR drops could increase with increasing class. In other words, as experience increases, so does the expectencies for safe driving.

Offline Speedy J
Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:01 pm Post 
Bad idea.

Majority of unclean driving that causes accidents is performed by unexperienced racers. So basically, it is the other way around than you describe Skagen.

Offline kiyoshi
Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:49 pm Post 
I kind of agree with Skagen here - the inexperienced racers who cause big problems are the easy ones to spot & deal with. The experienced drivers who know very well what they are doing & should not be causing a problem to other drivers, but they still do, are the difficult ones to deal with. It would be better if the issues they caused were taken care of with the automatic system, if possible.
Still, the biggest problem with the auto rating system is that it doesn't know who is crashing & who is innocently being crashed into, and that is something out of out hands for now.

I'm not saying I'm unhappy with the way things happen, btw. :)

Offline initial D AE86
Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:08 pm Post 
Yes I agree with that, I think that skagen and kiyo have right :yes:
,but there is no substitute mode manual , or raports :[

Offline Speedy J
Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:31 pm Post 
kiyoshi wrote:
Still, the biggest problem with the auto rating system is that it doesn't know who is crashing & who is innocently being crashed into, and that is something out of out hands for now.

Exactly. Untill then, it is no use.

Offline Skagen
Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:56 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
Bad idea.

Majority of unclean driving that causes accidents is performed by unexperienced racers. So basically, it is the other way around than you describe Skagen.

Depends entirely on how it is implemented. Below is a diagram with 3 examples. Just multiply the current SR drop with the value at the racers current class. The orange example even makes the SR drop less severe for racers in classes less than 8:

Offline Skagen
Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:58 pm Post 
kiyoshi wrote:
I'm not saying I'm unhappy with the way things happen, btw.

Me neither, but I allways think it's interesting to investigate ways to improve the status quo. :)

Offline pietjawawa
Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:58 pm Post 
My brother "Dominoice" still have problem. He driving all the time and he is not earning any point even if he finish on 2 or 3 place. This change on pointracking degraded him from Class 2+ to Class 1 and he can't earn point now :(

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:41 pm Post 
If I check the logs he is either;

in pits
going to pits
leaving pits
standing still on the track
getting automatically kicked for any of above

Does he know this are racing servers? Show me a replay where he actually is at the start of a race and finishes it also.

[ 20 posts ]