agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 18 posts ]
Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:39 pm Post 
The last days we are busy with an update process of Airio, EQ Worry does some major restructuring and because of that I needed to alter/restart the system a lot.

The problem is that the database of Airio has became corrupt over the months.. It's a pure text database and Airio simply doesn't restart anymore without the help of a backup file 'trick' ... Normally thats not that much of a problem to import all data from the backup after a restart but... The backup didn't run anymore since last Wednesday. I didn't realized that, sorry :-? :cry:

I got some complains from people who lost a considerate amount of points. I'm sorry but I cannot do anything about that :no:

I will make an alert/warning thing now, so there is a warning when the backup gets out of sync. Over the months the database has risen to 227.000 records and it's impossible to check manually what exactly is causing this corruption. I warned EQ Worry a couple of times already that this amount of data cannot be handled anymore in a textual way but he is only a human too ( :D ) and some even bigger restructuring is needed to fulfill my requests / feature demands.

In the meantime I have to do it with this backup process so it's vital that it keeps running every minute. (Normally every minute a backup is being made).

On the website there will be an error shown when the backup fails. (Or maybe it's better to show a time, also when its good).

For now, sorry for the loss of points of the 4 or 5 days :(

On the other hand, everybody can start driving UFR/XFR on the GTR server without a problem O:)

Offline Skagen
Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:19 pm Post 
Does this also affect the global experience index, or just rank points and safety rating on Cargame?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:18 pm Post 
No global affects. (f)

Offline Jenk
Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:01 pm Post 
Not sure if this is the intended message, but the message telling us stats updated contains a stock PHP mysql warning message (can't see full error as it is truncated).

Offline Litro
Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:39 pm Post 
Oh no, hackers attack! :lol:

Offline gandlers
Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:14 pm Post 
you need to coerce EQ Worry into getting the DB into MYSQL or Prostgress as text files are far from ideal for storing large amounts of data.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:33 pm Post 
Exactly... Worry underestimated the whole data gathering a bit. The backup database which I'm talking about actually is a SQL powered database and Airio is writing to it. But it doesn't read. The complete structure of Airio must be changed for that. Would love to see that happen :x

Jenk wrote:
Not sure if this is the intended message,

In game message, hhmm even better :D

But no, I am causing that error. It's because open track layouts are not recognized properly yet and thats why the end table is failing in timing as a result of that. When a race starts, certain 'things' get initiated. O:)

Offline jonlywen
Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:29 am Post 
(f) work hard with that :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:45 am Post 
I know; http://www.flasharcade.com/arcade-games ... -game.html

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:20 pm Post 
gandlers wrote:
you need to coerce EQ Worry into getting the DB into MYSQL

Airio is now partly SQLite powered :woop:

!pi and !pb are optimized and it's lightning fast again. Happy with the progress :thumb: :thumb: :respect:

Even Harvey has it's !pi back :lol:

Offline gandlers
Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:26 pm Post 
mmmm....seee-quill :woop:
is that why i spotted EQ Worry on the server this afternoon, checking the his handy work with the Airio SQL fix?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:50 pm Post 
Checking performance yeah, we have the biggest database of the gamez... After I added an index for !pb it really went lightspeed.

But we still experience some problems. It's unstable.

Sorry for the people this evening who experience troubles but we have to go through this... To make the world better, blabla 8)

Offline gandlers
Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:03 pm Post 
to coin a phrase:

you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

It's for the better good there are bound to be a few "teething problems"

Loving your work :thumb:

Offline THE WIZARD DK
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:33 pm Post 
sorry to bump this. but.. ive noticed as i go alot to AA and here.. i got different stats on airattack and here. for example i do not have the same points in safety and !ex.
why is that? doesnt the airio go with same stats?

i been meaning to ask this for a long time but keep forgetting it when i see EQ on AA.
now i remembered due to this thread. some other stats dont match aswell, so ive just been wondering about this for some time now.

any answer to it?
or is it simply.. do stats both places...?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:50 pm Post 
Ofcourse safety is different...

!ex should be the same.

Offline Skagen
Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 pm Post 
!ex, or Live For Speed Experience Index (LFSEI), is a global statistic/index. Anything else such as rank and safety rating is local on each server, or in the case of Cargame.nl, local to the network and it's servers.

Offline THE WIZARD DK
Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:20 am Post 
hm.... then something aint working properly..

Offline Skagen
Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:54 pm Post 
This is your !ex at Airio World:
http://stats.airio.eu/EXD.aspx?U=THE%20WIZARD%20DK

On which server is your !ex different from that in the link above?

[ 18 posts ]