agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]
Offline Nick7
Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:04 pm Post 
name: K3
mpr: http://www.cargame.nl/dl.php?id=120012
time: 7:30

I was blue-flagged, but that don't matter at all. Like I don't exist on road.
I try to overtake by going inside the corner, he closes and bumps me.
Thru chicane driver his own race, after it when I try to pass him, he has more than enough space on left side, but no - he manages to spin me out there too. He couldn't even touch his brakes.

And bonus is his 'polite' comments.

Offline monokult
Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:14 am Post 
I was shocked when I saw the replay. :nono: You are in a GTR without opposing and cant wait to pass him safe ? You cut in the corner and divebomb him ! He also runs a race and he is fighting for a position. You're the only one in the field with a GTR.

please read this post

multiclass-server-s2/gentlemen-rules-for-racing-t832.html

What I also noticed before
This replay is a good example that too many newbies on the s2 server.
Note the chicane in the first round. :o :o :o

Offline monokult
Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:25 am Post 
you cut the inside of the curve

You overtake and brake hard and shift to the left of its lane
k3 is in a road car and can not slow down so much and Crash you

He could make you more space but you're sitting in the faster car without opponent

Offline Nick7
Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:54 am Post 
Yes, I am in faster car. Yes I was lapping him. Yes I didn't have an opponent.
However he didn't move a millimeter.

Also if you check this race, or any other, you'd notice I never push out people on purpose, or just ram into them if I'm faster.

This, you may call 'divebomb', but I was in faster car, and I can make that turn easily. He just needed to back for for fraction of a second. If I had same car, yes, that would be divebomb.

But again, if these are new rules, thanks for letting me know.

PS: And again, he's comment sums it all.

Offline monokult
Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:40 am Post 
did you read this ?

multiclass-server-s2/gentlemen-rules-for-racing-t832.html

Offline Litro
Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 am Post 
IMO, XRT should just use brakes a bit, so faster car would drive far away, with no problems. In last screen, there is nothing special, XRT got enough space on left.

Offline Nick7
Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 am Post 
I did. Did you?

Did K3 do *anything at all* to move, or just slightly slow down, etc.. for faster car to pass?

Sorry for not realizing, it was all my fault for not letting him do/drive however he wants, as faster cars passing by should not interfere *at all* to pass him.

Now, go check what I did. He needed to do only minor adjustments for me to pass.
He did zero.

Also, now that you mention again this thread. Feel free to check this race, and any other where I'm in GTR2 class passing others how I behave. Same goes also for being overtaken by same class - leaving enough space for other person, which many, many people don't do (and often I end on grass due to it).
You'll notice that I never on purpose push people out, just because I 'cannot wait'. But this does not mean I have to drive behind slower cars for half a lap, because he doesn't care what's behind him.

Not to mention his attitude, that's what really pissed me off.. hey, he's racing. Rest, GTFO.. who cares for you.

PS: If admins think I'm wrong here, than please ban me forever. Because I do not see myself being in fault here. There was enough space for him, but instead he decides to ignore everything/everyone else.

Offline Speedy J
Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:22 am Post 
Nick7 wrote:
PS: If admins think I'm wrong here, than please ban me forever.

Nick7, relax mate :D

If anything went wrong it may have been judgement of this situation, maybe by you, maybe by K3, maybe by the both of you.

I think that it is nice to see that racers try to analyze the situation, it gives some perspectives for this situation. Don't get mad over other racers' opinions (f)

My view? K3 could have gone wider, you could have waited to pass after that corner. Well both didn't happen, maybe you both expected something from the other racer. Wasn't so: racing accident occured. So what?

Nick7 wrote:
You'll notice that I never on purpose push people out, just because I 'cannot wait'.

True. I know because i spectate a lot of races and racers. No problem here.

:coffee: :coffee:

Offline Nick7
Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:33 am Post 
Speedy, I know.
Accidents happen.
But, his comment afterward is what raised my blood to boiling point. That comment made me think (or in my case 'realise'), he knew&seen me there, but on purpose did not move at all.. as - hey, how I dare come with GTR and make him move an inch off.
That's what really pissed me off.

If he said anything else.. or even 'shit happens' - I would quickly forget it. Hell, I wouldn't have a problem to say sorry for losing you 10th of a second either :P

Offline Speedy J
Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:53 am Post 
Hmm okay, well, I didn't see the replay yet so I don't know the comments you got. Will read that when I am home.

Sometimes it is hard to put insults besides you (at least I find it hard sometimes) but hey, it is the internet :roll:

Offline Joey
Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:35 am Post 
Is monokult an admin these days?

I really wonder why he takes all this time to make these posts.

I could be that i missed out on something but IMO reports should be handled by admins. No need for any other

driver to spice up the flames or telling people off on how they post a report and telling them what to read etc etc.

If an admin is not happy with a report post they can tell.

Offline monokult
Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:24 am Post 
I did not know that only admins can write her own opinion

sorry will not happen again

Offline Joey
Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:53 am Post 
I did not say that only admins can say their opinions I am just wondering what your motivation is.

And that it is my opinion, but as I said I am not an admin.

Offline monokult
Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:37 pm Post 
I'm bored and I find to talk something about interesting :P

[ 14 posts ]