mpr: http://www.cargame.nl/dl.php?id=58392
name:junkan "[SR] Junksy"
lap: 5 first corner
description: doesn't respect blue flag, crashes into me... :thumb:

Bye Rook

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:32 am Post 
Yes thats sad from a SR team member. He must know that a FZR is slighty faster then a FXR but it's not tactical to be an obstacle under blue flag conditions. Also no sorry at all after the incident.

I forced a rather high safety drop from 94 to 48% instead of give a ban based on days... It's fixable by taking part on some races on the S1 server and when back in the 60's on the GTR or S2 server.

Offline junky
Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:19 pm Post 
Right... I'm sitting here and wondering what to do and say about this.. because honestly I'm not really sure what to say to this ridiculous protest and admin decision.. but because i went through all the trouble to create a account and through the whole mental process to actually give a shit about this.. i think i sincerely need to speak my thoughts about this.

First off.
DuHeC, i would like you to note your position, how far behind everyone else you are, you started from the pits and finally ask what you are doing on the server if not racing? i understand you might be just trying to get a good lap, why not just let me past then? after all "He must know that a FZR is slighty** faster then a FXR" must go both ways?! if admin says it is always so, is it not? off note here, that is a absolutely ridiculous statement to give, speed does not come from the car, i would say that the driver is involved in this process, to some extent i would guess? but admin always knows best, who am i to argue? but I'm getting off subject here! back to the issue. I personally come to the server to race, i don't know what you come for but obviously not racing, I'm not saying it's wrong to not race but i personally don't understand the logic behind that. I like to have a race or two and i thought it would be fun to have some good racing even though i had some bad luck and got crashed out in the beginning, even better there was a guy who actually could race at the back of the grid and what do i do? he is last, nowhere near the pack, no chances for points or better finish, perfect opportunity for a race? i thought so. He didn't. To make the situation even worse he could not take the pressure of me being beside him throughout the straight and into the corner even though he had two cars worth of space on his left during the breaking. Now when you watch the replay i would like you to watch it from my cockpit, i don't move the wheel in DuHeC direction, i don't even try to be unfair but a certain someone can't give himself more space and do it properly. Note that i don't break too late or do anything wrong, i come perfectly into the corner. I admit to not obeying the blue flag, but was there a reason to? i thought not. We where both dead last.

This sort of behavior by admins will not make your servers better and will not make it more fun, it will just put off the good drivers and we won't come back after something like this, i come for a fun race or two, if the grid and the drivers can't stand a driver who knows what he is doing it's their loss and not mine. And most of all it will give you guys a bad reputation.

Now i hope you admins take a good look at the replay again, watch it from more than one perspective and look through it again. I still do like to race on your server, but i won't be driving my safety rating up for it. So i would urge you giving me a ban for a number of days instead, so i can come back for a race if i feel like it.

Best Regards
Johannes / junky

**: Note that i kept the typo from the admin post ;)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:03 pm Post 
Oh I forgot an extra l... Slighty instead of slightly...

Maybe I got better things to do then to recheck my best English after a time consuming replay check and writing a review.

You had blue flag, you came from pit too so you didnt take part of the race either, same question to you.. What where you doing and why didn't you keep just distance. Nothing to gain or loose from you on that position.

I'm not changing my point of view. Especially not after this childish comment.

junky wrote:
but because i went through all the trouble to create a account and through the whole mental process to actually give a shit about this

Then don't. Thanks!

Offline DuHeC
Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:03 pm Post 
junky dont waist your time on writing because rules are the same for everybody. If there is blue flag you must slow down and let the driver behind you to pass by... but you want me to do so lol :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:12 pm Post 
Not in all situations, if someone clearly is slower you can make an attempt to pass and leave that racer behind but this is just ridiculous.

Offline junky
Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:39 pm Post 
Yes, never mind the fact that i answered your question. I came from pits but I like to race. He doesn't. I can enjoy a good race at the back of the grid, he doesn't and i didn't want DuHeC to slow down and let me past, just race. Does not have to be more complicated than that.

And the fact why we even are having this argument from the beginning? i did nothing wrong driving wise. Yes never mind that.

And note that i did say this: "I admit to not obeying the blue flag, but was there a reason to? i thought not. We where both dead last." So i know i did break the letter of the rule but i didn't think i would break the spirit of the rule.

And DuHeC i understand i ruined your good lap where you got such a good draft from me on the start finish straight. Sad.

And so in essence the only fault i did was not obey blue flag in a situation where i believed it would not be necessary.

:lief:

Offline DuHeC
Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:47 pm Post 
Ok you are guilty. :thumb:

Case closed :wine: :aai:

[ 8 posts ]