agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 30 posts ]
Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Mon May 31, 2010 3:18 pm Post 
Hi,
I suggest that you up the minimum safety rating for FXO/RB4 on the S2 server, same as class 2+ maybe. In the beginning safety rating goes up really easy. Noobs would cause a lot less damage starting in XFG/XRG. Class 2 is already overcrowded. If people really want to drive FXO/RB4 early, the S1 server is there ... mostly empty. Now people can drive those cars very poorly with no real consequence ... except for a ban but as of now admins can't possibly have enough eyes to catch them all ;). Maybe if they lose the option of choosing their class people will try harder to drive good. Might help the S1 server to gain popularity too.
Thanks for your concern :)

Offline -Joske-
Mon May 31, 2010 8:39 pm Post 
Yeah.... safety on 55 or 60 as minium and the noobs are gone.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:17 am Post 
Explain me why the so called pro's are unwilling to leave the main server and go GOW?

A server with novice drivers seems to be attractive after all so it's unlogical to restrict access for this group and scare them away.

Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:15 pm Post 
Simple The GTR+OW server is mostly empty, no point in racing alone. And personnaly I don't always race the GT cars every race.

The server wouldn't be closed to starting players just the class 2. And as Joske said a rating of 55 or 60 could be obtained in a matter of a few clean races. The up in safety rating would mostly keep crashers and very unskilled drivers away from class 2, the kind of people you end up banning anyway.

Offline Speedy J
Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:16 pm Post 
Just raced on GTR OW server, 17 conns.

Someone has to start it up, it gets filled up fast enough then :yes:

Offline BMW-gek
Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:02 am Post 
[TDRT]K.Harvey wrote:
very unskilled drivers away from class 2, the kind of people you end up banning anyway.

We don't want to ban this people, we want everybody to race and when they unskilled we want to help to improve there driving skills. Everybody has to learn. When you started racing on LFS you had to learn it to and I guess you made the same mistakes as they do now :wink:

Offline ekspanzi
Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:18 am Post 
Speedy J wrote:
Just raced on GTR OW server, 17 conns.

Someone has to start it up, it gets filled up fast enough then

how the hell i never get to see more than 5 ppl on gt server :huh:

Offline Litro
Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:38 am Post 
Yes, yesterday there was good racing. :lol:
23:02(GMT+2) cargame.nl GTR+OW 9th of 12 in 9:27.270 :wink:

Offline Aussie Infidel
Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:03 am Post 
well as a "noob" of course i was a bit off the track at the start, I thought I was racing fairly but speedy pulled me up and said I was crashing all the time so I went and did all the training courses in the game, what a difference! in 2 days my safety rating jumped from 1 to 4, is there anyway to make people do that before racing? It helped me 100 fold.

Offline Speedy J
Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:13 am Post 
Aussie Infidel wrote:
I was crashing all the time so I went and did all the training courses in the game, what a difference!

:respect: That's the spirit!!! :thumb:

Aussie Infidel wrote:
is there anyway to make people do that before racing?

Don't think there is a way but I will use this posibility to advice to newbies, if that's okay with you. Very good suggestion!!!

Offline Aussie Infidel
Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:37 am Post 
lol no worries, its alot more enjoyable to play when I'm not on the grass half the time!

Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:06 pm Post 
I noticed that recently there have been a lot of people who crash and just rejoin from the pits. Those racers most of the time aren't very good or drive cars they can't handle. This ruins the races of the drivers in front.

Since the top classes start lapping slower traffic at around lap 4, I think it would be best not to allow to rejoin before lap 3 is complete.

Besides, if i'm not wrong I believe you don't get any points when you start from pits.

Offline K Johansen
Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:18 am Post 
Keep noobs away, what a joke....for second time ive lost 10 % safty rating for NOTHING....I had 89 % and then suddenly ive had 79...something must be terrible wrong in the system....and I am no more drive at cargame server befor its fixed...

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:20 am Post 
Quote:
10.07.05 02:11:04 #1 [KR]K. Johansen removed david [fr] from the start grid
10.07.05 02:11:05 #1 [KR]K. Johansen : KICKED FOR BAD BEHAVIOR

10.07.05 02:11:05 #1 Safety @ cargame-s2 - [KR]K. Johansen : 3
10.07.05 02:11:05 #1 [KR]K. Johansen was kicked

[...]

10.07.05 02:12:42 #1 C09P00 [no]kill - [KR]K. Johansen : how is it possible to go from 89 % safty yo 79 % just like "that"?10.07.05 02:13:24 #1 C09P00 [no]kill - [KR]K. Johansen : I had 89 % after last race, and now I have 79 %??????
10.07.05 02:14:15 #1 C09P00 [no]kill - [KR]K. Johansen : host - can u pls explain this safty thing???????
10.07.05 02:14:15 #1 C09P00 [no]kill - IRC Forward - can u pls explain this safty thing???????

Thats why you lost 10%

It is not for NOTHING.

It's because you have bad behavior.

K Johansen wrote:
befor its fixed

Fix yourself. Don't blame the system. Thanks (f)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:31 am Post 
[TDRT]K.Harvey wrote:
Besides, if i'm not wrong I believe you don't get any points when you start from pits.

You need to race at least 50% of total laps to receive points.

[TDRT]K.Harvey wrote:
I think it would be best not to allow to rejoin before lap 3 is complete.

Well that really depends from track to track isn't it? :wink:

From time to time I activated race rejoin block (no join after 70% of race laps), but it also affects skilled drivers. I don't want that. (you are on a whitelist btw, you never receive that error)

I think I need to ask Worry to change the logic behind the race rejoin function. Depending on the level of safety rating to be allowed to join or not.

Offline K Johansen
Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:13 am Post 
[quote="cargame.nl"][/quote]

This is bad, How should I know that it was possible to remove pls from grid? I was just hitting the remove key just becouse the didnt hit theres "ready key", but I didnt think that would affect anything.

So if these is reasson, I am sorry for that, but will not drive me up again :-)

Offline Litro
Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:05 am Post 
But how about "swap position" - it is allowed ? :D

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:46 am Post 
As of today it doesn't matter anymore how fast you join or what your position is. The grid is auto-sorted now on class(+PB), also after track change.

K Johansen wrote:
but will not drive me up again :-)

Your choice. Its just a few laps, don't see the problem really. :wink:

Offline K Johansen
Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:31 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Your choice. Its just a few laps, don't see the problem really.

For me it looks like there is some unfair issues in the safety system. Maybe I don't know how it works, but for me it looks like you got now reduction hitting a car from behind, and if u is the unlucky to be hitted and spins of track, you loose safety?
I did something wrong two days ago and lost 10 % safety, but I don't know for what. This time I didn't know that it was possible for me to remove peoples from grid. I lost 10 % just after I had driven me up again for those lost the day before. Several times during that "drive up" I've lost safety due to others bad behaviour. Maybe I am wrong, but should t there be some safety reduction smashing into the car in front of you? With a not restricted GTR you can get away from the mayhem in T1, but you cant in a restricted one.
Yesterday I got first starting out 6 or 7 and lost 10 safety just after finishing. It is not much motivation to then start all over in the mayhem in T1 for 10 races.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:28 pm Post 
K Johansen wrote:
but should t there be some safety reduction smashing into the car in front of you?

Yes! I would love to, too.. A lot of racers would like it to work this way. But, it's impossible to make that reliable in the current situation.

Development of LFS is frozen now for 1.5 years because of some silly tire psychics development thing, nobody cares about. Well, it's not frozen but all time is put into that and as a result it looks completely frozen.

An InSim (server plugin) can do a lot but can't reliable detect a crash and who's fault that is, that data is not available. LFS needs to change for that.

Questions about the current safety system? I explained that here;
general-server-questions-f7/safety-rating-how-does-it-work-why-can-t-i-drive-on-s2-t15.html

Offline K Johansen
Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:04 pm Post 
Questions about the current safety system? I explained that here;
general-server-questions-f7/safety-rating-how-does-it-work-why-can-t-i-drive-on-s2-t15.html wrote:

That dose not say anything about what I is accused for. It only says you can NOT get reduction AFTER race :D

An InSim (server plugin) can do a lot but can't reliable detect a crash and who's fault that is, that data is not available. LFS needs to change for that. wrote:

That is to bad :(
I really like racing at cargame.nl server S2, but it so unfair that you loose safety because of other driving bad. I would love to drive the LX6, but that is impossible due to all those who will spin me around in corners.

As I said above, it was not my intention to behave bad between 2 races, just clicked around while waiting for next race.

Offline K Johansen
Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:35 pm Post 
This is so f......unfair....your safety system i working against its purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiIqzPsXxzI

Watch his throttle indicator, full speed and NO safety losses. I looses some safety % and this was my third try to manage som + % :huh:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:00 pm Post 
K Johansen wrote:
That dose not say anything about what I is accused for. It only says you can NOT get reduction AFTER race :D

Safety rate never decreases after race (unless you get kicked/banned).

And no, I didn't just edited that.

K Johansen wrote:
but that is impossible due to all those who will spin me around in corners.

If everybody drive LX6 it still will happen. Crash detector would be very very good.

I spectated a lot of drivers. 95% just pump gas, no matter what happends. Yellow flag? Ah just an annoying text on my screen, just drriivee oonn..

Someone in my way? Just crash it.

It wil not change, not even with heavy adminning or other regulations. It's uncontrollable. If you want to control it, you end up mentally ill like happened in CTRA days.

I didn't experience that but I did my history.

Offline K Johansen
Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:59 pm Post 
Quote:
If everybody drive LX6 it still will happen. Crash detector would be very very good.

I spectated a lot of drivers. 95% just pump gas, no matter what happends. Yellow flag? Ah just an annoying text on my screen, just drriivee oonn..

Someone in my way? Just crash it.

It wil not change, not even with heavy adminning or other regulations. It's uncontrollable. If you want to control it, you end up mentally ill like happened in CTRA days.

I didn't experience that but I did my history.

I've got your point, but you haven't got mine. I lost a lot of safety % by a terrible mistake done by me without any bad intention. I didn't really think that I could remove peoples from the grid.

In one race today I got kicked for driving wrong way when I was driving along in correct direction. I did something wrong, your system is also doing something wrong, so way not give me my % back and I will never do anything like what I did again.

Offline Litro
Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:32 pm Post 
Sometimes there is LAGs, so thats the reason why AIRIO is cheating... :wink:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:25 pm Post 
K Johansen wrote:
In one race today I got kicked for driving wrong way when I was driving along in correct direction.

Correct, there was a problem today with server overload for the first time in many months but you got spectated not kicked

Maybe a loss of connection too, but no kick.

K Johansen wrote:
so way not give me my % back

Because I can't, the system does not support upgrades in safety rating by admin (yet)

Stop talking, start racing :[

Offline jahilton2002
Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 pm Post 
i'd just like to add that i made a mistake once, i let my bro use my account and because of
Quote:
"a terrible mistake done by me"
i lost most of my safety rating. wont do that again, i took it like a man and got on with wining races in lower classes so that i could once again drive GTR. it took me all of ....... 5 races :thumb:

have a search its a ture story

system works fine, if you behave and stick to the rules.

:lock:

Offline nosila
Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:58 pm Post 
omg you are really bitchin' about some 10% safety rating loss? :lol: :aai: The first time i race @ cargames i did the same error as you, so what? Race and win some more, theres no reason to be arguing about that, you really dindt knew that you would be acused of BAD BEHAVIOR if you removed someone from the starting grid? That was a good way to know about wasn't it? At least now you wont forget about that (at least i never did :roll: ) ;)

:lock:

Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:59 pm Post 
To me rejoining at the end of a race doesn't cause any problem at all, it's at the beginning. But you're right it's much more of a problem on the shorter tracks. It might also cool down the revenge wrecking a bit wouldn't it ?

Offline -Joske-
Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:57 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
I think I need to ask Worry to change the logic behind the race rejoin function. Depending on the level of safety rating to be allowed to join or not.

Good idea. :thumb: 75 % or more you can come back, or starting from the pits.. other wise waiting to the end.

[ 30 posts ]