Offline initial D AE86
Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:16 pm Post 
Woow amazing video :D

Offline franky.s
Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:59 pm Post 
hahaha coulthard in 4th with the 2nd fastest time xD

Offline MorX
Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:55 am Post 
MY BRAIN EXPLODED when i saw the drivers' names .... nowadays F1 is so fckin boring.

At least MotoGP has some action and WRC is eye candy with some eargasm too.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:36 pm Post 
:o .. totally agree with MorX ... In those days I was hooked on F1 as well.. Don't give a f#ck anymore now.

Offline sermilan
Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:53 pm Post 
The "business of F1" is what made it boring. Look at the tracks they were racing back then and look at those they are racing today. Everything became artificial... nowadays they have to remind a driver to slow down every second lap, instead of "push, push". That's not good for racing, isn't it?

Offline Frozeni
Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:05 pm Post 
More flexible tires, more flexible car building window and bring back refueling. That would fix most of the problems now, DRS in my opinion is fine because of some shitty tracks in the calender where passing is close to impossible if the other driver knows what he's doing.

I can't remember how it was in the old days, but what i remember from the late 90's it was great then too. The one thing i think is way better now, is that one can follow sector times and team radio very closely. In the 90's there wasn't anything like that for the public i think.

Offline sermilan
Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:36 pm Post 
* Introducing durable tires would solve most of the boringness in the races. The ones they can push for 80% of the stint, so racers could do what they do best - race the crap out them! This now is like a tyre nursery.
* Redirecting 50% of TV rights income to the teams instead of (mostly) Bernie's pockets would help brining the best to F1 instead of having half a grid of semi-talented pay drivers and even more in the future, as it looks now.
* Reducing the entry fees for tracks for 2/3. Tracks already have large expenses on maintenance. Cost reduction would bring less expensive tickets and thus more crowd.

Specially last two points would see everybody in the teams and millions of fans happy, but it's just Bernie and a handful of other people who wouldn't like that. And they rule the whole F1 show :)

Offline MorX
Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:06 pm Post 
Sermilan, you dont understand what we're saying :P

F1 nowadays is...

TRAIN STEADY cornering and braking, "automated" and senseless feeling of cars moving around the track. Not much oversteer/understeer and lots of corrections etc etc
No lean angles, no smoke and shit, not that much of interesting sound anyways.

The most important is that it's like any other sport, a huge marketing mechanism. Like any other sport, i said, but in F1 it's fuckin obvious.

[ 12 posts ]