agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 40 posts ]
Offline Inouva
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:56 pm Post 
As tittle say, i was racing on Ky2 and pum timeout, now the s2 is on the master server list but when i click to join it say "Connection time out", The odd part is that i can join to the s1 server perfectly , Any idea?

Offline Speedy J
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 pm Post 
No idea... i am in server, seems normal. Also server is not full. Maybe close LFS totally, then try again?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:51 pm Post 
Yeah that was me, testing functionality to block racers countrywide from Argentina / Brasil / Chile / China / Australia and some other countries which are just too dangerous to have on the S2 server during peak hours.

I'm a bit done with lag crashes.

But the LFS server didn't like that for some reason and started to eat up enormous amounts of CPU usage. Back to the drawing board...

Offline initial D AE86
Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:55 pm Post 
Fortunately, Poland is not on this list O:)

Offline loptor
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:25 pm Post 
Ahh, finally found a logical explanation for me not being able to connect .. I understand the problem of lag on the server, just makes me sad that Brazil is on the list .. hopefully this is bypassed one day and that I can connect even is that at peak times, because it always gets more exciting with full server .. but I understand and I hope to be unlocked as soon as possible.
Thanks and a hug for everyone.
LopTor

Offline tRoopeR
Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:02 am Post 
It's difficult to impossible to have low latency from so much far. Although I always wondered, what's the result of having the same latency for all, ie forcing everyone (through while loops or something) to have the latency of the most lagging player so the relative latency would be 0.

edit: wtf, forget, dunno what I was thinking :fp: :D

Offline Inouva
Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:55 pm Post 
whoul be really sad if is like that....

Offline Inouva
Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:09 pm Post 
up, again blocking the s2 sever to argentina?, i think is not fair for many others, i dont have too much time at day to play lfs and when i get free time now i have to see that the s2 server block me to join?, serioulsy.....

I'be even upgrade my isp to have less latency and now this...

Offline Frozeni
Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:21 pm Post 
What i've driven with Inouva, i have seen no lag at all.

Offline Inouva
Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:27 pm Post 
i dont know what to say, it give a huge sad feeling knowing that cargame start to block countrys in server peak time.

most popular server of LFS and start to block countrys, what the point then to keep on lfs now when you cant race in the best server there is...

It should be another work around about the big latency on some users but blocking a country is a bit too much...

Offline Frozeni
Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:56 am Post 
Inouva wrote:
what the point then to keep on lfs now when you cant race in the best server there is

I had the exact feeling when FOX Junkies were blocked from me :/

Thus, i agree that the country block is close to useless if we would lose drivers like Inouva.

Offline Inouva
Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:16 am Post 
Frozeni wrote:

Thus, i agree that the country block is close to useless if we would lose drivers like Inouva.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:29 am Post 
Frozeni wrote:
i agree that the country block is close to useless

And why do you think it's close to useless? Do you think I do close to useless things?

Don't get me wrong, I gladly would like to know if I didn't specify enough why I'm doing this.

Offline Inouva
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:25 pm Post 
Why dont implement again the ping filter?

I did the best i could to have a better connection so my ping is lower that before and i have to see now that the sv start to block countrys in peak time

Blocking a entire country for 1 or 3 racers from X country (In my case ) is a bit too much i think, it should be another work around...

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:37 pm Post 
What ping filter? Such a filter does not exist.

And I don't think anyone in Latin America can achieve a ping lower then 150 ms (which already is high).

Offline Frozeni
Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:09 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
And why do you think it's close to useless? Do you think I do close to useless things?

No, i didn't mean that at all.. I just don't like good drivers to be left out just because they live a bit further away.

It's a difficult matter, but in the end.. what's the point having lag free races if we do not have anyone to race against?
(Bit exaggerated, but that's my point)

Whichever decision is done, im sure it has been a great deal of thought in it anyways =)

Offline Inouva
Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:37 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
What ping filter? Such a filter does not exist.

And I don't think anyone in Latin America can achieve a ping lower then 150 ms (which already is high).

you where using it one year ago,

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm Post 
I really don't have an idea what you talk about :x

Offline Inouva
Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:56 pm Post 
Thanks again for block the spare time i have to play lfs today dave....

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:25 pm Post 
No need to open multiple topics is there?

There are already enough people on the S2 server to manage, no need for laggy racers which cause massive crashes 9 out of 10 times. I'm done with that administration part, it's not that I get paid. It's costing me time and money and I have better things to do then to act like a public charity figure of LFS managing everything until LFS death arrives.

The problem is, one laggy person can cause multiple crashes which causes a number of European/Russian based people to decide to leave the servers. So racing gets much less popular -because- there are people with a connection which is not stable enough. It basically kills high quality racing.

I feel sorry for you that you live on a continent which is too far away from the main server but I cannot do anything about that. Maybe I even block developments on other continents because I allowed everyone in the world to connect. Who knows?

What if there would be an Argentinean alternative?

Offline Inouva
Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:41 pm Post 
So your decition is permanently block us..

Can you add "Reserved" slot to ppl who you know that have more ping but still race clean?

i have 250ms of ping still i have really stable connection, and you know i really try to drive as clean as posible.

Ban/or limit acces to s1 server to who have a huge load of ping and are totaly idiotic at driving, dont kick the good drivers as me ( :fp: waiting for jokes :fp: ) for a few morons that have high ping and crap driving skills

@2
If whould be a argentinean alternative?, if course all latin america whould join in that server, but as i'be stated to you, cargame is the only s2 server that offer multiclass races

if your decition is final so be it, i will miss to race in cargame... it's really broke my heart knowing i cant race anymore in a decent and the only one multiclass s2 server

cya

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 pm Post 
Inouva wrote:
So your decision is permanently block us..

No my decision is based on changing circumstances. This rule is activated and disabled manually, saturday we had a pretty decent occupied server.. For quite some time it was absolutely packed so there is no reason to think to allow connections with a higher risk.

Sunday I simply forgot about it but it seems less important because it was a GT2 only day. And today, normally is a very pretty popular day also.

I'm thinking about an automatic switch to disable connections from some continents during peak hours. That should be possible, I just don't want to pull the plug of somebody who already is busy racing.

Inouva wrote:
i have 250ms of ping still i have really stable connection, and you know i really try to drive as clean as posible.

I know but 250ms still is very high. I see some people making arguments that its not that bad but when somebody from Russia with a ping of 120 ms is hitting the brakes you will start to see those brake lights in 370 ms which is a whopping 0.37 seconds. Nowhere in the world that anyone is possible to react on that. Especially with multiclass racing where people also drive on top of this with completely different style of cars / grip levels / brake points. But also within the same class a difference of 0.37 sec is a lot. Also when somebody is deciding to make a sudden move to the left or right the same amount of delay comes into effect.

This blocking idea didn't fall out of the sky you know. Its not that I woke up one day thinking by myself how to annoy people. You all know that I rarely race and when I'm at the servers most of the time, I only monitor stuff. With the new pinglist it became very easy for me to predict where problems start to occur... And guess what, I almost always was right. I can make a gambling game of it.

Last sunday (so not this one). I spend three... THREE hours... Discussing with various people from Europe that they needed to fix their connection. I'm getting pretty much done with poor connections :nothanks: .

Inouva wrote:
cargame is the only s2 server that offer multiclass races

Bit weird because you know sat+sun+mon there is no multiclass being offered ;)

You was not online anymore for the past several months, how can I know that this sudden boost of interest is going to stay anyway?

Offline franky.s
Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:09 am Post 
however much i hate inouva i must say he doesnt cause any lag problems . close racing happens and there is no lag crashes.

this ban is a bit silly. why not start a server for people with over 250ping

Offline Inouva
Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:14 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Bit weird because you know sat+sun+mon there is no multiclass being offered ;)

You was not online anymore for the past several months, how can I know that this sudden boost of interest is going to stay anyway?

You allways makes the most odd question, why i was out for several months?, becuase was without job and no money, barely to have for food each day, that why i have to cut stuff to keep with the money and that was internet in this case, living here is not easy, now i have a nice and stable job, upgraded my isp, and saving for a new computer....

You know me, another "Out" for several months was when i was having problems with my GPU, and you help me to fix it, remember?.

Anyway, i just came from work, i'm tired, gona watch top gear and sleep, whatever direction you choose dave i hope is the best for you and the ppl from your server.

Regards
Cya

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:56 am Post 
Inouva wrote:
most odd question,

Well, lets try to simplify it then .. You are the only one making a problem of the situation right now, I can spend a lot of energy thinking how to make everything nice and sweet for everybody but what if you disappear again for months.. That would be a waste of energy doesn't it? So thats why I wondered..

Inouva wrote:
living here is not easy,

Simply comparing numbers you either are doing something wrong or the numbers are wrong. I follow global economic development with great interest and Argentina .. Well I can quote Wikipedia , but to make it short it's one of the better countries to live at the moment. It even has a lower percentage of people below the poverty line compared to for example my own home country having a lower unemployment rate making a steady 9% economic growth in 6 out of the last 8 years which is pretty impressive.

Inouva wrote:
nice and stable job,

Inouva wrote:
i just came from work

:respect:

---

Inouva wrote:
i hope is the best for you and the ppl from your server.

Sadly it's a bit like that yes. Sure I want to help everybody to have a nice online experience with LFS. But I am no developer making money out of LFS, otherwise I probably already done something about this idiotic situation that the whole world connects to one specific location to race. Everybody with a bit of basic global communication knowledge knows it's impossible to do that where real time information is mandatory.

I currently am "fixing" it on the wrong end. This situation should be fixed on the developers side. Actually, it should be top priority.

Offline Inouva
Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:24 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Simply comparing numbers you either are doing something wrong or the numbers are wrong. I follow global economic development with great interest and Argentina .. Well I can quote Wikipedia , but to make it short it's one of the better countries to live at the moment. It even has a lower percentage of people below the poverty line compared to for example my own home country having a lower unemployment rate making a steady 9% economic growth in 6 out of the last 8 years which is pretty impressive.

No, is not the best to live ATM, and those "number" are a lie. in fact chile or paraguay are far beyond better that any other country in LA, even brazil is better that us economically

You should listen to who is figthing to survive here, not the numbers of a ramdon web page...

And maybe yes i'm the only one doing a problem here because is not fair, you are blocking a entire continent for a few who cause troubles or have worst ping that mine, Still many ppl from around the world is sharing the same feeling as me about this blockade. as you saw in LFS forum

Also if you "manage" to find a solution and i disapear again, well your effort wont gona be put to waste, the fix is there and when i come back ( IF i disapear again ) is gona be there.

As i told you before, maybe you should open reserve slots to users you know that have high+stable ping and let it enter AND keep a eye on it if he cause some troubles on the track

Whatever you do about the server i wish you best of luck

Regards

Offline Stan
Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:00 pm Post 
Not sure but anyday I was on an other server driving. Maybe it was one of the AAA servers, this server had an airlio software too. On that server was any function that watched the ping of the drivers. If you got to bad ping you got kicked automaticly. That was an great function but only few races driven there. It is very sad for some really nice and fair drivers, but I can understood dave! Sometimes I was wondering why he is so relaxed when he got 3 times kicked from the same laggy drivers grom track!

Offline sermilan
Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:12 pm Post 
Some please disconnect! 26 guys in the race and 47 connections :nono:

AT least 15 guys are just scratching their b**ls there :angry:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:11 pm Post 
I wonder if thats a bad thing. If it's that full, people are more tempted to look around for other server possibilities ... Yes / no?

Offline Frozeni
Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:23 am Post 
Yeah at the peak time it was quite full, few people complained about it ingame too. It's a positive problem though =)

Offline sermilan
Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:28 am Post 
Yeah, but the problem is most were just there and not playing. At the last lap of that race when I posted, there was 21 racers and 26 spectating. Let's say there are 5 admins, gives you a number of 16-21 people in that race just doing nothing, taking connection slots from people who would join the server and actually race.

I was a bit frustrated, AS4r was on, the track that I like very much and it is not commonly chosen and I couldn't connect :huh:

Offline Speedy J
Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:24 am Post 
I am innocent.

Offline Pvt5tash
Fri May 17, 2013 11:00 am Post 
Hi all, was reading through stuff being new here and wanted to ask a question. I understand the reasoning behind blocking certain high ping areas and have no problems with that so I am not complaining at all. I live in Australia and of course that means a pretty bad ping, bad luck for me but that's just how it is. I like racing on your server and appreciate the time and money spent so I can have fun, thank you. I just hope others don't mind me being there, I do try really hard to stay out of the way and yield to the faster people. I have no issues with not being able to join during peak times as you guys want to race in peace without lag issues. If I am causing problems with other racers I will always leave when asked and try again later, no offence taken. Hope to run into some of you around the place. :)

Offline OTone
Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:24 pm Post 
S2 server getting problems again :nah:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:42 pm Post 
I'm aware of it but it seems a datacenter problem. We are not the only server with this sudden and very brief loss of connection problem and it seems not to be related to any kind of 'other activities'.

For me, at this moment, it's difficult to see a pattern because not every box has a loss of connection at the same moment. When there is no clear pattern I cannot raise a ticket to support. Monitoring the situation is all I can do, might as well takes a few more days to get any kind of conclusion. :roll:

Offline thedeath
Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:39 pm Post 
Does anyone else have problems connencting to S2 server? I haven't been able to connect for like a week.

Offline Speedy J
Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:49 pm Post 
No problem here, also a lot of people there throughout the week

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:53 pm Post 
I've read that there are some issues at the datacenter with the DDOS protection functionality.. So it's possible that some IP's are blacklisted for some unknown reason. Keep me updated please?

The IP which you used for posting, it's the same one you use for gaming I suppose?

Offline thedeath
Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:36 pm Post 
Yes it is. I just tried to connect to the server and it just says connect timed out. I can connect to s1 server just fine

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:50 pm Post 
Oooooooooooooooooooooohhh..

Yes..

I blocked TeliaSonera Finland mobile months ago from S2. Sorry but that phone network quality is not good enough for racing on a highly populated multiclass server.

[ 40 posts ]