agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Offline Danski302
Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:41 pm Post 
Hello all,

I play LFS very rarely and mostly on cargame.nl servers.

I prefer those servers mainly, because the ranking system and good racers. I've always tried to respect blue flags and general racing rules. However, there were numerous times I was hit, pushed and etc. A lot of the times it was clearly deliberate, including blocking on the straight line. I've never ever been reckless and always tried to wave it away. Not even once the guys responsible were banned or warned in my cases. However, today I decided to cross the line for the first time, as I couldn't race five minutes straight without somebody hit me. When I was pushed out of the road for the nth time by the same car, I went after the guy and pushed him out, too. And I got banned because of that. I didn't do anything crucial for the end result of the race, didn't cause a mass mayhem, and I certainly don't recall to be warned for anything before, since as I said I've always been tolerant.

I know when you got hit, hitting back is not the way, but I lost it this time, I deserve penalty, but should I get a warning/kick instead of a direct 90 days ban? I'll do my time, I play less than one time in a month, but I wonder where's the eagle eye for the other constantly aggressive racers?

When in a real race somebody does something out of the rules, it is reviewed and investigated by race authorities first, nobody jumps on the keyboard immediately. Is it about specific rules, severity of this rules, if you have any previous warnings or is it about the admin's mood? Where's the consistency in such cases?

Thanks.

Offline Speedy J
Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:19 pm Post 
Danski302 wrote:
When in a real race somebody does something out of the rules, it is reviewed and investigated by race authorities

So do we. In real race, if some racer takes revenge what happens to that revenger?

If you don't inform admins that there are people who drive like an idiot, most of the time we don't know. If you are ingame and there is an admin ingame, he will respond if you report something is happening and will watch that racer or the replay. If no admin is active, you can use TeamSpeak or this forum to tell what happened.

That is the way it works. We depend on our racers to see what is going on. Having admins on a a server does not mean there are eyes watching everyone and everything all the time, it isn't even possible (also because we race as well).

So, in short, our policy is: racers make the races. Admins are just available if things can't be sorted out between racers.

Or even shorter: our racers, and also you are our:
Danski302 wrote:
eagle eye

If you think someone is being bad, talk to him. If it doesn't help; use an admin or the forum. But don't revenge. Because it adds nothing, improves nothing. And yeah, revenge wrecking has a standard of 90 days.

Offline Danski302
Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:14 pm Post 
Yes, I agree. Racing on track should not be a battle arena.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:35 pm Post 
Danski302 wrote:
or is it about the admin's mood?

Doing a pit maneuverer or more generally called 'revenge wrecking' on somebody else always is 90 days.

I was watching you all race because you drawed attention driving RAC with a keyboard and doing the same times as TBO class where doing (sometimes even slower). That way you become a moving obstacle. Basically you wasn't being busy racing, it was more like cruising and there are other servers for that.

Because you drove with keyboard I wasn't really motivated to start some chat because you can't reply anyway and after you did the pit maneuverer on that XRT I saw enough and gave you the standard 90 day ban yes.

[ 4 posts ]