agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]
Offline MorX
Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:18 am Post 
After 2012's late summer vacations, i returned back to work and things got a bit messed up.
(Serious relationship, lots of work +2nd one, some more trips, etc etc)

Had some of the same during winter holidays so i didnt race much since then.

A week ago, i decided to login at cargame.nl as soon as i came back home from a bar late at night.

Booted up my laptop (2006 "gaming" model) opened up firefox, tabs, e-radio, skype, mtorrent etc... and clicked on LFS
when LFS started, my computer gave its spirit. Pppppzzzzffffeeeww.... silence.

Thought, wtf, pressed the button but nothing happened. Took it out of charger for a couple of minutes, inserted battery, removed it again, connected charger, 100% dead with a buzzing sound near the psu connector.
I sniffed the back of its vent ports, smelling burnt :oops:

Oh well, time to get a new one, i was thinking about this summer, but well, it escalated quickly. :lol:

Yesterday, my new one, came home, this time though its a 17"

In the meanwhile i sliced open my burnt old one, taking apart each piece from the barebone.
Core 2 Duo was fine, 8800M GTX fine, 2x 2Gb fine, wlan/bt/tv modules fine and so on.

THE BIGGEST FACEPALM I HAD, was when i took out the hard drive out of its 2ndary casing (2,5"). Its PCB had a small burnt spot.

Im waiting for a WD blue series (i'll add S/N etc) same size with mine, used, just to match its pcb to get mine working again and hopefully recover my files if that's possible.

-90Gb of travel pictures, motorcycle/car/family/army/friends/etc
-TONS of important documents and work templates
-9200 .mp3s
-Firefox bookmarks, passwords, settings, etc..
-Software collection (legal, legal !! :D )
-MY EPIC crazy videos with best friends etc etc...
-Direct executable games (no installation) among with their settings - in example LFS, settings, skins, setups !!!! FFS

I feel so bad, having to set again my setups for LFS, but i'll give it a go, who knows i might reinvent something and level up my potential of crashing onto other people. :roflol:

I'll be back, soon !!! :lief:

Greetings to everybody from Greece

Offline initial D AE86
Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:30 am Post 
Yesterday I packed your setups folder and placed it on a virtual disk in the network , in any case, if you have setups regardless of whether my computer will burn, drown, evaporate :D :lief: I will have setups :coffee:

we will wait :beer:

PS:if you want to download, this is a little out there http://chomikuj.pl/edpawel

Offline MorX
Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:47 am Post 
it's not only the setups, but my whole "library" of files which is gone maybe!

The only thing bothering me until the used drive comes, which i will use to swap the PCB to my old one making it work, is that i can run lfs but without setups, skins, .dds mods etc... :-?

Offline initial D AE86
Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:52 am Post 
setups are most important in lfs , the rest can easily rebuild.... so I can help you if you want to download, not forcing 8)

I know when you lose all your data is not a mile, but as I said once lost too 400GB :nah:

Offline MorX
Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:55 am Post 
I'll give it a try with the used drive i ordered to do the "surgery", by the end of the month, we'll see how it goes.

Offline initial D AE86
Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:15 pm Post 
:thumb: :wink:

Offline Frozeni
Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:39 pm Post 
Ah, that sucks :(

I hope it is possible to recover the stuff :-?

Offline franky.s
Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:39 pm Post 
pls stay away for as long as possible.

regards, everyone on cargame.

Offline Frozeni
Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:13 pm Post 
Franky, are you having your period again? :roll:

Offline zeugnimod
Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 pm Post 
Why are you starting Firefox, an online radio and a torrent program of all things before you go on LFS? :nono: :D

Offline Speedy J
Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:17 pm Post 
Lol Franky.

Morx: long story but:
MorX wrote:
I'll be back, soon !!! :lief:

Cool (f)

Offline MorX
Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:20 pm Post 

Sorry for the long coast :hug:

Speedy J wrote:
Morx: long story but: