agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]
Offline Nivoglibina
Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:37 pm Post 
I'm a recently returned-to-LFS newbie. Right now I'm capable of turning in decent laps with one car on one track.

Looking through the online hosts, the Cargame server S2 looks very appealing with more drivers, changing tracks and multiple car types allowed.
So I started looking into what I had to do to be able to race here. Having raced a lot on AA Demo Blackwood servers I have picked up a good safety rating and some other statistics. I thought this would help me.

To my surprise however, the cargame server does not pick up on that, or it counts racing on Cargameserver S1 only?
"No big deal, I'll race on Cargame S1 then."
Started doing that today, but it looks like the gathering of points is very slow if there's no other people around. Add to this that as a newbie learning all those tracks at once is tricky too. It felt like a job instead of having fun.
Sure I want to put in effort, but instead of driving solo on an empy server I could also choose go back to "Demo" servers and have fun.
The alternative was racing on a populated S2 server in a slow car. That was fun for a while but getting out of the way of the faster cars all the time doesnt really allow you to hone your skills, and you run the risk of hindering others.

If you lack fresh faces to race with, I think this might be one of the reasons?

Offline Brillemonster
Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:45 pm Post 
Drive on S1, and on track change: choose the oval. Do some races with a car, improve your laptimes, stay on track, and your experience rating will raise pretty quick.
Otherwise you can join the S2-server, and drive the slower cars, do clean races and improve laptimes. Even then your experience will rise pretty quick.

All together: You will have to drive slower cars, or alone, and improve your experience. Everyone had to do that once.

Offline pringles
Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:50 pm Post 
Oval on S1 :huh:

Offline Brillemonster
Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:51 pm Post 
Kyoto Ring? Or is that one not available at S1??

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:54 pm Post 
You started to drive two days ago, have 123 points.. 27 more needed for TBO class cars.

And you say it takes long? :nah:

It should take much longer in my opinion :roll:

Everyone had to do that once.

Not everyone. If you have experience rating of 200 or more you can skip a whole lot.

Offline Nivoglibina
Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:55 pm Post 
I did not plan to argue my point, but here I am anyway. :D

Your advice to a newbie is do solo laps on an oval for ages?
That's not my idea of having a good time...

Offline initial D AE86
Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:01 pm Post 
At the beginning of the game see s1, there is no gtr and easier to learn behaviors in the blue flag ... I started to s1 and played there for a long time before I joined the for s2 :D

Offline Frozeni
Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:50 pm Post 
You can drive at S1 to increase your safety rating to the point where you can drive at S2 and cars allowed in there, and once you keep on climbing the ladders to higher tier cars, it will get easier :)

When i first drove at CG and got FXO.. it was so much of a trouble :D Always killed the tires and finished last without pts >_>

Offline Brillemonster
Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:22 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Not everyone. If you have experience rating of 200 or more you can skip a whole lot.

But before that you have that experience, you will have to do that which I said, or, indeed, drive somewhere else.

Offline kiyoshi
Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:38 pm Post 
How does it all work? It is confusing, with experience & rating & ranking. (what is ranking?) lol

I do know that the fastest way to improve Airio Experience rating is to post decent hotlaps on lfsworld. Maybe that will help?

Offline Nivoglibina
Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:05 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
You started to drive two days ago, have 123 points.. 27 more needed for TBO class cars.

And you say it takes long? :nah:

It should take much longer in my opinion :roll:

Rolleyeyes, I already feel right at home!

Notice I did not ask for anything.
Earlier I read a post (by you) that the numbers of online racers was on the decline, so I decided to post what I think contributes to this.

Offline Skagen
Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:38 am Post 
Everyone had to sloooowly collect the point to unlock the next class of cars. I remember that is what was fun with it when I started out, and what kept me racing until class 5. :)

If your safety rating (write "!rate me" or !pi" in the chat) is high enough, you should be able to accsess the UFB. UFB is a UFR with 45% air intake restriction so the engine produces less power. But less power aside, it is still a kick ass car I allways recommend to newcommers.

Offline Brillemonster
Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:35 am Post 
That is very true. UFB is a cool car to drive. Not to fast, but oh so much fun it was. And because it is not that fast, you can learn the track, and the racelines, better.

Offline Speedy J
Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:12 am Post 
so I decided to post what I think contributes to this.

Yeah and that is okay of course. Welcome anyway.

Getting points on an almost empty S1 server will go slow, that's true. The idea however is, that you will get to learn all the different tracks(-combos) and a bunch of cars in a rather safe way.

Letting "newbies" drive in GTR's on a full multiclass server will kill the server within two days :wink: Then, there will be no S2 server left at all...

As dave says, you almost have reached the class in which you can drive TBO. That class is driven a lot on the S2 server. So if you know your way around the track, joining TBO in S2 will give you points and higher class fast enough. Well, if you aren't a turtle on track :devil:

Quote:
Rolleyeyes, I already feel right at home!

:lol: I see you met Dave. He is quite okay though :wink:

PS I see you are Dutch (too). Join our TeamSpeakserver if you can, it is fun :yes:

Offline initial D AE86
Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:26 am Post 
Speedy J wrote:
Getting points on an almost empty S1 server will go slow, that's true. The idea however is, that you will get to learn all the different tracks(-combos) and a bunch of cars in a rather safe way.

If the server s1 plays several inexperienced players, the server Becomes more dangerous than s2 :wink:
once played a lot of s1,I remember that sometimes I had trouble because someone wanted to destroy me specifically or by lack of skills :(

but for new players recommend s1, s2 will be more in trouble with the blue flag :wink:

[ 15 posts ]