agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 22 posts ]
Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:04 pm Post 
I think it would be nice to have a day without slick tires on S2. Racing class 2, I always get a constant stream of failing ngt/gt2 coming back through the field and they have no patience even if they are not racing anyone.

Having only 3 classes on S2 could result in much better racing I think, unless every noob out there gets into class 3, but at least LRF could have a chance to get away from TBO at the start without running over the NGT.

NGT and GT2 are both available at GTR server at all times anyway if someone didn't want to race anything else.

Offline tRoopeR
Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:11 pm Post 
This has been suggested a couple of times before (me being in one of them) but it does not seem anything could change.

The answer always was "it's multiclass, get over it" although that's not generally about multiclass but about the mess between road and race cars.

Also, feedback-f95/i-m-done-reading-t5461.html

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:41 am Post 
Yeah..

Well.. Indeed...

The problem is this...

Two years back we started with ALL cars on one server. Yes GTR unrestricted, LRF, NGT, TBO, STD, UFB the whole lot (sounds crazy now but it happened)..

Then I blocked GTR fully powered usage, which did GT2 popularity rise enormously. Not only with day2day racing but also in leagues you saw that effect simply because more people had more experience with GT2 driving in general.

Now GT2 mostly is banned, you see a -global- drop now in GTR usage. Not only on cargame servers but I monitor whats happening on other servers as well pretty closely to see the effects of my actions. Result; people don't go racing elsewhere (which should be absolutely fine by me, we are already fairly busy so getting rid of some pressure isn't that bad).

No, people start to drive NGT!

Because of that people start to request to ban NGT from the server. You see a pattern evolving here?

Apart from all this, I have troubles with the UFB. I always liked the UFB, it's a very funny and enjoyable mix to drive and to battle with poorly experienced TBO drivers. If I ban all that, I am afraid that I ban all fun. Just like whats happening with GT2.

So, as a result... I do not know what to do right now by myself.. What I do know is that every change in car selection, up to this date... Didn't change anything.

Well a bit, GT2 on SO and FE was crazy. I stick with that decision. But.. In the end I almost killed GTx racing know. Which I do not like either.

See? I am confused. And then I have all of you, spawning new idea's every day.. Sometimes in a way that I have to listen, otherwise-I-am-idiotic... And to see so many threads/PM's appearing made me a bit annoyed yeah. The last days there was some rest here on the forums, low reporting too.. Don't know if people do not dare to post at all anymore right now, which also isn't good.. But, it was a bit of a relief. :x :D

To be short... Right now my vision is unclear... I monitored some racing from time to time (and listened on Teamspeak to colleague admins having conversations about incidents, sometimes ppl do not know that I am actually not AFK there ;) ) , but not enough to draw any conclusions. 'Just try!' .. Some would say...

No... Constant changing of chemistry is bad also. People have to know what to expect and don't have surprises every week.

However a day in the week, is not a bad idea. To test effects. I think I will try it directly actually.

Offline dadoml
Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:08 am Post 
just leve it as it is - its fun(and by fun I mean its funny how far you can fly when a GT car hits you) :lol:

Offline franky.s
Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:09 pm Post 
its not the cars that must be restricted but instead its the drivers. this is the public race servers work. ofc they are will be noobs on server crashing cars that are to powerful for them. its natural. Dave is doing good job atm but restricting more cars isnt the way to go.

if u want less noobs to you racing then try league racing. noobs arnt gone 100% but less than public race servers.

Offline Inouva
Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:22 pm Post 
we need those fridays with 2x laps with pitstop

Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:12 pm Post 
My view is mostly that slicks and road tires don't mix well together, due to difference in cornering speed. Most people will just drive the fastest car available to them but nobody will join an empty server. As for UFB, you end up fighting unskilled TBo drivers and way too fast for class 1, putting to shame xfg/xrg. Try shuting down S2 and renaming GTR to S2 and you'll get a full GTR server I'm sure ;)

Offline OTone
Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:09 pm Post 
Ahahah Harvey, you are just only suggesting that because you have been driving LX4 more often. :lol: :P
I must tell you nl2dav, Inouva's idea is not bad at all. This will make people want to join these kind of races once a week and probably facing them more seriously. :yes: But it takes some extra effort to make these races consistently every week. What about twice a month? Like Formula 1.
Just my opinion.

Offline sermilan
Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:15 am Post 
FOX Junkies have their weekly event called FOX Friday and it's always filled with 20+ drivers. Quali is about 20-30 mins and races last about 1hr 20 mins, it's a great fun and it's popular, with fast guys (WR holders too) joining.

Judging from that and the popularity of CG S2 server, also from that XFG day a few months a go, I think any kind of single class weekly event would be success and fun too.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:32 am Post 
Yeah.. But wait...

sermilan wrote:
always filled with 20+ drivers.

We have that from early morning till late night already? :x

In fact... Yesterday I raced on the OW server with 12 others. Was on S1 with 9 others till hmmm 01:30 in the night. And after that with 20 others on S2 until 02:45 :nah: ...

This morning I log back in... 25 connected. I mean... It just goes on and on and on... Special events which attract even more only makes the workload more heavy. Why should I want that? I want to keep it fun for the admin team too.

Offline Litro
Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:35 am Post 
Nope. Early morning is empty.
But OT server is still online? Can Airio do voting for cars too?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:45 am Post 
Litro wrote:
Nope. Early morning is empty.

Ehh everything is publicly logged; rf.php?serv_id=S2

Litro wrote:
But OT server is still online?

I privatized that server for myself. Secretly testing InSim stuff.

Litro wrote:
Can Airio do voting for cars too?

No.

Offline Litro
Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:51 am Post 
Still early morning no 20+. Then Airio need some improvments...

Offline sermilan
Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:19 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Yeah.. But wait...
... Special events which attract even more only makes the workload more heavy. Why should I want that?

For the fun of it. Why did you do that XFG day? Was it fun for Speedy and you?

I'm not suggesting that events would attract more people, they would most likely attract less (as it always does on mentioned FOX Friday). I brought that "+20" number to say that there would "probably be enough drivers".

But if it's a heavy work, forget about it...

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:31 pm Post 
Ehhh that was Speedy's birthday yes... But I didn't mention that because everyone suddenly are having a birthday here and START TO DEMAND THINGS.

:lol: :wink:

Look at those brown skins. :nah:

sermilan wrote:
But if it's a heavy work, forget about it...

It's not.

That's not the problem. I wonder about long term effects.

Maybe we have to start with an 'happy hour' (5/5 = about an hour) and see how that goes.

Offline BMW-gek
Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:54 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
Judging from that and the popularity of CG S2 server, also from that XFG day a few months a go, I think any kind of single class weekly event would be success and fun too.

Just one day a month double laps with pitstops. :thumb:

Offline sermilan
Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:22 pm Post 
BMW-gek wrote:
Just one day a month double laps with pitstops. :thumb:

I'll forget about it :x , once a week, one hour race (or 2X30 mins) pitstops or not, 15 mins quali = approx 90 mins overall... everything else prior and past to that is the same.
cargame.nl wrote:
...having a birthday here and START TO DEMAND THINGS.

:lol: :lol:

No, I'm just suggesting... it would be interesting for a change. Same class, no bitc*ing about "damn other class drivers", some easy class so everybody can adopt fast and that should be it.
Happy hour is also a good idea :beer:

Offline Ulmo
Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:35 pm Post 
i'm agree with this idea :) (sounds remove ufb too O:) )

Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:59 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Apart from all this, I have troubles with the UFB. I always liked the UFB, it's a very funny and enjoyable mix to drive and to battle with poorly experienced TBO drivers. If I ban all that, I am afraid that I ban all fun. Just like whats happening with GT2.

Just move UFB to class 2 or give it it's own class. It's not competitive with xfg/xrg on any track and laptimes are closer to TBO especially on slow tracks.

Offline Ulmo
Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:28 pm Post 
with tbo, the pb is that the majority of UFB's dont respect tbo drivers on slow tracks.

Offline pringles
Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:11 pm Post 
It's simply a case of slow car with slicks vs faster car with road tyres. Personally I dislike racing amongst UFBs. It's impossible to get into a rhythm of any sort when most of the race is spent trying to avoid driving into the bloody things :p Set up for a corner only to have one dive in from way back, or drive around the outside into the exit line around a hairpin ( = have to brake at corner exit, F7U12).

But I guess UFB is here to stay, it's alright in the end. :hug:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:46 pm Post 
Its always dynamic. If I feel the need to change anything I will... But at the moment, it feels like not the right moment.

[ 22 posts ]