agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ]
Offline horizon
Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:24 am Post 
i can't find anything on the airio site or this site on how to gain or loose points. the word "points" i'm told by the forum is too common to be used in a search also.

is there a chart that i did not find or something i missed in all the manuals on the airio site?

Offline Speedy J
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:32 am Post 
Dunno if there is official info for that but on CG servers basically it is like this:

- You can not loose points (only safety rate)
- Points for a race are devided per class. Depending on number of racers in your class and your finishing position it goes from 10 (max, winner of more than 6 or so in your class) to 1.
- For any new official PB you get 1 point.
- For a socalled "good lap" you get 1 point, for a "great lap" 2points, for a "top lap" 4 points.

I think that's about it :[

Offline horizon
Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:33 am Post 
what constitutes a "good lap", "great lap" and "top lap"? does anyone have more detail?

one race i received 68 points.... most are not that much of course.... why isn't there a chart of what event causes a safety point gain or loss...?

Offline Speedy J
Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:09 am Post 
horizon wrote:
"good lap", "great lap" and "top lap"?

<4% WR, <2% WR, <1% WR

horizon wrote:
one race i received 68 points....

Theoratically impossible. Or are you talking about the points shown in the screen at end of the race?

horizon wrote:
why isn't there a chart of ....

Wow you have so many questions :wink:
You gain safety by driving a clean lap. You loose safety bu causing yellow flag or drive offtrack more than once during race.

Offline gandlers
Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:43 pm Post 
There are two sets of points.
there are Airio points which are awarded as Speedy mentioned above. if you type !rs at the end of the race (before the final score screen pops up) you will see how many airio points you got that race for you finishing position.
Your overall airio points can be viewed with !pi

The other screen where you scored 68 points is some super secret project dave is working on which has nothing to do with airio, as far as I know the only way you can see your score is when this screen pops up at the end of the race. I'm sure when dave has got further down the road with this project that there will be more information on what, how and when it actually works.

Offline horizon
Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:38 pm Post 
rolling backwards down a hill, or going off track, will safety points be taken away when a race is over? i can check my points but
i don't know when those screens are updated.

Offline gandlers
Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:45 pm Post 
I'm pretty sure that once you have passed the finish line on you final lap that there are no implications of going off track or doing anything that would normally cause a yellow flag. Why else would most park up in the middle of the track or on the apex of a fast bend after they have finished, then there is the deliberate ramming and crashing after the race ends.

Offline Speedy J
Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:50 pm Post 
Yup Gandlers, u r right.

Offline horizon
Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:48 pm Post 
when is the race over. my guess is when one or more of these two conditions are met.
1 - when it says "finished" in the upper right of one's screen,
2 - when the current position grid moves to the upper right of your screen and the question mark turns to a number,

i ask only know when i can relax in a race.

i know the race can end before "you have passed the finish line on you final lap".

Offline gandlers
Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:02 pm Post 
I guess so.
The lap counter in the top right turns orange when the first place racer crosses the line, at that point they are no longer subject to yellow flags and SR reductions.
You have to make it all the way round to the finish line before the race timer runs out for you to reach a finished state at which point you are no longer monitored for yellow flags and unsafe driving.
I'm not sure what happens if you don't make it in time; the timer should give you enough time on most tracks to be able to finish.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:56 pm Post 
Actually I want to get rid of this whole Airio point thing and let the initial car selection depend on the amount of laps driven on the server in case the !ex is too low... Much more clear what you have to do.

But haven't convinced Worry yet ;)

The race ending screen is an indicator how good you are performing in a class. But that needs work yeah, first I needed to optimize communication (screen appearing, disappearing), which, finally are good now .. I think. :nah: :[

And made some other things which only a few noticed during testing last week. Enough idea's in my head :x :D

Offline dadoml
Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:29 pm Post 
one question about gainaing points: Do I still gain points if I continue driving UFB, although higher classes are available?

Because the Class 2 and class 3 cars react like .... like a dead hooker ^^

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:18 pm Post 
Yes.

What matters is how many cars in a particular class start the race. 10 XFG/XRG/UFB and you finish first, then 10 points...

Quote:
10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1 ... Yes, eight positions are awarded, the last two receive none.

Thats from my !info text on the server.

Actually UFB is one of the best options you can choose to score points because its way faster then XFG/XRG.

Offline dadoml
Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:33 pm Post 
and its quite nice to drive :)

Offline Litro
Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:39 pm Post 
And doing Top laps gives 4 points, Great laps 2 points.

[ 15 posts ]