agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]
Offline ACC
Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 am Post 
Everytime people crash while one of the combatants is being blue flagged, an argument arises with people debating about who had the right of way, who made an error ... or people just spam a keybinded Blue flag, move outaway before they plow into/through your car (especially certain cars using R, F, and X in their names ...).

I know you can look up your server rules regarding blue flags with some command, but wouldn't it be better if all racers where forced to take a short look at the rules before they can race on the server? Maybe combined with the 65% warning that we have now? :beer:

Offline eXeYn
Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 am Post 
Would be a good idea if everyone or even every new driver would read that window. The casual drivers on cargame probably don't read it. And based on what I experience new drivers either don't read it, don't understand it or don't care about it. Otherwise I cannot explain that there are still people asking every day why there are no cars available.

Offline mtrein
Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:09 pm Post 
It could be displayed, though I doubt it would do much good. I reckon people would just skip it. :/

Offline gandlers
Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:50 pm Post 
Again I doubt it would be read by that many people. As exeyn says, there are plenty of people asking why they cant pick a car and that is the message that appears on the current info screen, so that shows that they arent reading the logon message.

Offline gammelsokdk
Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:14 pm Post 
well the Blue Flag goes 2 ways, He who gets it and he who want's to pass.

He who gets it have to make room When possible and he who want's to pass have to wait for safe spot to do so.

No offence to anyone, But thats the short version of it.

/Sokken

Offline Nicce
Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:28 pm Post 
like Exyen said: there isnt manny of the newcommers that read that 65% window on join..
i did the first time but when i saw: "no cars? ur !sr is below 65% and u need to visit s1 server.." i just clickd OK.

so its gonna be hard to get ppl read that for "blue flag". :/

Offline Speedy J
Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:50 am Post 
Maybe showing a line in LFS-chat at start of every race in a nice color or something would help. But I guess the real rude drivers don't bother reading racechat as well.

Only thing that would help would be kicking people when a rude overtake (i.e. other car is badly damaged or out of race) takes place or give them a penalty (SG, DT, time) so they won't need to be fighting for a good place anymore. But that would mean a LOT of adminning, consistent behavior and well, we don't like the idea of punishment being the solution for everything....

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:41 am Post 
Reading always has been a problem.

The only solution to that is to have a clickable word in the text which actually make the window disappear and a big OK button doing absolutely nothing. Or just do a kick :lol:

Yes I am evil :D 8)

Offline sermilan
Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
The only solution to that is to have a clickable word in the text which actually make the window disappear and a big OK button doing absolutely nothing.
Great idea! :thumb:

Offline Tooth
Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
The only solution to that is to have a clickable word in the text which actually make the window disappear and a big OK button doing absolutely nothing. Or just do a kick

+1 :D

Offline just2stoned
Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:26 pm Post 
While I give this idea a +1, reading is hard for people of the internet. You can't even post 4 sentence long replies on reddit without getting the TL;DR crap. I would certainly read it because I can read well, but couldn't say the same for the rest of the net.

Offline Inouva
Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:43 am Post 
Shift+i = Remove any "insim" interface

[ 12 posts ]