agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]
Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:45 pm Post 
The !conns screen has been replaced by !infos because of a test which might become permanent.

Conns stands for connection screen and is the window which everyone sees upon connection. But, there are some people who have trouble to connect and stay connected so I decided to keep sending data after connection as low as possible.

Not sure what is causing the network problems but it has nothing to do with the server itself or the data line. When trouble starts to occur the S1 server just runs happily without a problem and both servers are in fact just one and the same, just a different 'window/screen'. This rules out the possibility of data line problems because in that case it would show an high network graph on both S1 and S2.

Personally I think its a buffer overflow in the LFS host executable, sending too much data at once. You also will see a rise in network statistics in the lower left corner while the S1 server does not show that rise on the exact same moment.

There are even reports of a crashing LFS.exe at client side, also an indication that some strange things are going on.

I also noticed that we are not the only one with these kind of problems. Other popular servers have issues too.

[ 1 post ]