agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]
Offline K3.
Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:58 pm Post 
I have to suggest to regroup classes becouse 70% of racers consists only FXOs. Also the points of LX4 and FXO/RB4 are calculated together. So if it's a OK with this, please correct the !info, where is written that every class getting it's own points.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:40 am Post 
LX4 and XRT are Class 2+ but still Class 2.

The reason it's separated is because XRT and LX4 are more difficult to drive not because the cars are faster. Classes are made up based on WR timings.

Most drivers drive FXO/RB4 now, correct... The ideal situation is a better spreading but even better is a spreading across different servers. Trying to accomplish that but its difficult because people tends to drive at a server which has most racers online.

Offline K3.
Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:02 pm Post 
Thanks for answering. One more thing: you should make something like do not let racing, while on the track there's only one GTR and others are lower classes. Because they allways making +1 laps and Class 2(+) losing last lap.

What's the point of racing without opponents?

Offline Sandeman
Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:39 pm Post 
I disagree. How can you get a race between GTR's if the first one can't enter the race? :lol:

Offline K3.
Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:18 pm Post 
There are more ways to do it, not only restriction of entering. It could be a sign like "CHANGE THE CAR TO LOWER CLASS, BECAUSE YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OPPONENTS" and if he ignores it, he must be spectated until race restars.

And you disagree, because you allways do things like this.

Offline Sandeman
Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:25 pm Post 
Still the same effect, if only one (the first) GTR joins the race he will be spectated and there will never be any opponents in GTR class.

Just get enough points and a high enough rating so you can drive them yourself. I bet you won't have any problem then... O:)

Offline K3.
Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:20 pm Post 
You don't understand. He won't be spectated until round starts. So there is lots of time to join all racers. I don't want to race GTR. These cars are so lame.

Offline Sandeman
Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:22 pm Post 
Then what's your motivation? Do you just hate GTR's and you don't want others to drive in that class?
I don't believe it is only because you want to drive that last lap... :[

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:26 pm Post 
K3. wrote:
I don't want to race GTR. These cars are so lame.

Personally I'm also not happy with the situation but there is a philosophy behind all this.

The real problem is that there are not enough S2 racers to populate the servers. First I want the feeling back that people drive for a reason. An other reason than just collecting points for a faster car, thats just too basic. I want to create multiple car specific league's based on Internet stats. When there are more people interested in participating in such league's, I can split servers and have more balance in cars and timing.

You might not noticed but there already is a GTR+OW server (open wheel). When the time is ready I want to scrap at least unlimited GTR driving at the original server but now is not the correct time. There is no community yet, we are working on that.

I say we, in fact I do the web and programming but the other admins are helping me. The server(s) need to be moderated because I often don't have the time to do that. So; :lief:

Anyway, I want to do a lot more for LFS, I think there still is a great future for this race sim but we all need to be a little conservative about changes in structure at this time. It really is sensitive stuff. LFS drivers are real picky :[ :D

Offline Speedy J
Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:13 am Post 
Apart from what is described in the above post, i want to add the following:

Yesterday afternoon there were five or six class 5 and class 6 racers online and i have seen some great and clean fights between them, with MUCH respect towards Class 2 and 3 racers (which is not always the case in the opposite way, blue flag ignoring is like a standard...).

So it is not any longer just one or two GTR-racers and the amount i growing.

Knowing that the GTR-racers are, in general, good and clean racers and they respect the cars in lower classes (RB4, FXO, XRT, whatever), it wont help to exclude them from ongoing racers (no, I am not saying this out of own interest).

Also the point of overlapping, well thats a fact but that does not strike me as a problem. There will be a new race, and another one, and another one....

Offline Litro
Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:45 pm Post 
One thing, how about LX4 on grid - it is always last, but on start it is very fast. Maybe, it would be better if it would be based on PB times. It is hard on start for LX4 to get in front, but PB for it is better than TBO(not in Aston, and Oval) :lol:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:42 am Post 
LX4 is last on start grid because its vulnerable, it is a test to see if complaining about crashers is less in this situation.

[ 12 posts ]