agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 20 posts ]
Offline ghost
Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:45 pm Post 
That is what i think, i have been racing alot lately, but been hit in various situations like:

1- faster classes dont give a crap that ure in a slower class, or should i have to go offtrack or and risk dmg my car when i in the middle of a turn to avoid?

(Common sense here tells me that the faster drivers must care more about other drivers too, ofc i always try my best to let other drivers pass if we are not in the same class.)

2- gets killed by drivers that used me alot as brake points, seen that happen to other ppl 2, and these drivers gives no sorry or showing that they did bad driving. They just pass cause they make me loose the line or push nmore and i spin out and loose alot of places... INCLUDING my safety rating dropping....

(Common sense here says that IF you by accident hit another driver DONT pass him/her if it´s your fault, if not feel free to pass if the leading driver misses and makes you hit him/her, BUT by all means ALWAYS try to avoid this from happening. BUT ppl that hits intentional E.G RAMMING to pass the driver infront, should be getting somekind of penalty "Can be done with insim i hope" or be getting a drive through penalty if a admin sees this happens. cause that it not fair play, and makes ppl want to give back Which is also wrong.)

3- when some drives are about to be passed side to side they decide to change their line and push the passing car off the track, also that passing cars doing this from the inside happens many many many MANY times every race, a tap cause u got to close is ok, BUT most times its starts to look like a freakin DERBY race and always, well almost always ends with one car is spinning out of the tarmac or dirt track...

i can be doing this for ever, but that will only be boring, but this have to do for now.

This is why a say that you need more ppl with admin right to be able to talk to/give penalty/kick/ or even ban ppl 4 doing these things that detroys the racing, i say that cargames is most fun race server ive ever seen, many great and tolerating drivers, but then againg there is ALOT of driver that should go somewhere else.

yeye it´s a boring job... you must be able to take alot of shit from drivers disagreeing with you about stuff, but then it´s the admin that says the words that is the rules.

and i will freely take part of this if anyone wants this to happen, my thought abut this is that give some ppl limited time to be admins, check if they are the right ppl or not to be admins, and the server wuld be a much greater place to race @.

//NSys*Ghost´´Club Kintai

Offline Litro
Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:29 pm Post 
It's summertime, admins are lazy :lol:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:31 pm Post 
One wrong admin can do worse things than twenty crashers can do together...

(no don't link to that topic ;) )

ghost wrote:
give some ppl limited time to be admins

But this might be a good idea.

Offline ghost
Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:42 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:

thats why i suggested to give try time to them, and also in that case make a banned list here with all usernames and reason date+ time so if the admin did wrong u or any HEAD admin can unban.

can create template 4 that if you wish

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:30 pm Post 
Don't let your creativity limit you but what's wrong with a simple table like the ones we already have?

Offline ghost
Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:05 am Post 
oo missed that one
forward a link maybe?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:54 am Post 
On top right of the little menu bar.

!top [???] !pb 24h results !ex !lp

.. All kinds of tables there.

Offline ghost
Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:23 pm Post 
ah yes, maybe you should a a ban info there^^

edit: btw me and nsys_nicce is up to volunteer if this goes throu

Offline Speedy J
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:19 am Post 
I feel the need to react on the opening post :)

BTW Welcome on the forum Ghost, and thanks for your suggestions :thumb:

I believe that one of the reasons that the cargame servers are populair is that the admins who are there are quite laid-back in their "work". Philosophy is that te race is for and by the racers.

Real crashers? Well you dont see them very often, in fact the servers are getting cleaner every week since the opening. In my opinion there are five reasons:

1. People who have S2 want to race and do their best (in general). Accidents happen, a lot, but accidents are part of the game. As you know, crashers and careless racers are punished.
2. The audience in the servers is starting to know each other; that gives a nice racing atmosphere
3. Newbies are welcome: they get explained the basics and receive help from admis AND racers (f) (setups, advice).
4. Safety system: you crash too much you will have to increase on the S1 server. Side effect there is that racers improve skills while increasing safety there.
5. Racers know that on purpose crashing will get them a ban so they won't. Well most of them :lol:

And if there is not an admin online? Well there is this forum and the "reports"-section. As you can see people find their way there and proper actions are taken from there.

If nl2dav feels that he needs more admins i know he will arrange that 8) I am totally cool with that.

For now, and for me, I think we all (server owner, racers and admins) are doing quite a nice job :thumb:

Just my two cents.

Last but not least:

ghost wrote:
i say that cargames is most fun race server ive ever seen, many great and tolerating drivers, but then againg there is ALOT of driver that should go somewhere else.

First two parts of the quote: fully agreed; Last part: disagreed. We don't want (most of) them elsewhere, we want them to improve in order to get good, respectfull and dedicated racers. And yes, I see it happening a lot :thumb:

Offline jahilton2002
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:33 am Post 
Quote:
i say that cargames is most fun race server ive ever seen

agree 110% if it wasn't for cargame.nl i would of stopped playinm' lfs along timeago

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:35 am Post 
cmon, its not like it exists for years :D

Offline jahilton2002
Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:45 am Post 
well yeah, but alot of people are getting bored with lfs..... good things come to those that wait..... i was gonna "wait" playin' simbin sims, but cargame.nl made me stay.

i have drive more tracks with cargame.nl than i ever had before join you guys, before that i only really raced on bl1!

Offline Speedy J
Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:09 am Post 
You never raced on IHR for example John? I thought that used to be quite a popular server?

I used to race a lot on AMG server for example, before cargame started. Never on IHR though.

I mean, there are more servers (well maybe its the multiclass thing) to race on. Not as nice as cargameservers of course O:)

Offline jahilton2002
Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:13 pm Post 
i did race on ihr, but was at a very low class (newbie) and got bored. i also raced on amg, but you can only race as2/3 so many times.. .nl rocks.

dave\andy or what ever your name is :lol: are we having lfs t-shirts for the kartin' :lol: 8) :wink:

Offline ghost
Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:21 pm Post 
ima say that im actually a pure drifter, but ive found out, that keep up the speed line and skills racing on cargames did indeed make me a even better drifter so it´s the hat off for you guys,

and yes SpeedyJ i agree with that the admins that are there do a great work, to tohse bad happenings they see atleast :P you cant in any way whatsoever spec every driver all the time :P

Offline Speedy J
Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:04 pm Post 
ghost wrote:
you cant in any way whatsoever spec every driver all the time

That's very true Ghost. And that's why we love to see messages from racers appear in the chat so we can watch bad behavior or watch a replay and take proper actions :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:40 pm Post 
jahilton2002 wrote:
playin' simbin sims

what are simbim sims?

I Googled but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjbWrLQPylw#t=5m2s

:/ :lol:

Offline jahilton2002
Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:42 am Post 
:lol:

http://www.simbin.se/

Offline Ulmo
Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:17 pm Post 
if you need moderator for your server i'm here :]

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:24 pm Post 
I know but..
cargame.nl wrote:

:wink:

Not saying that you are wrong btw. :lol:

[ 20 posts ]