agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 24 posts ]
Offline BlueEyedDevil
Thu May 03, 2012 2:32 pm Post 
hi
i was racing last night and out of nowere i was kicked while i was in a race, (verbinding met host verloren)
after 1/2min i tryed to connect again and i dint work( packett full orso something like i get in my screen
today i was racing again same crap happend again, i tryed to connect again but all cg servers are gone from masterserver :o

mvg Michelle

Offline mike259
Thu May 03, 2012 2:41 pm Post 
well today I noticed this:

so I'm not at all surprised

Offline BlueEyedDevil
Thu May 03, 2012 2:58 pm Post 
?
you saying i dint drive today? wen so rofl :P i did 2e races i was kicked in the second race :)

Offline mike259
Thu May 03, 2012 3:07 pm Post 
that's mine ! I just showed another weird thing

Offline franky.s
Thu May 03, 2012 4:23 pm Post 
finished 6 races without doing a km :fp:

nice

Offline BlueEyedDevil
Thu May 03, 2012 4:33 pm Post 
oh so sry then mike (f)

also a stupid thing,
gmir beo was 3sec faster as me, now comes the weird part, how can i have fasted lap then? :P (hat same cars fx2)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu May 03, 2012 9:29 pm Post 
If it only happens to you, its probably you.

Offline BlueEyedDevil
Fri May 04, 2012 8:44 am Post 
lol standaard classic anser from a host :P

dave you know it not only me, it happens even to yourself
or ask kingcars how many time he lost connection last night! i tought it was 6x in 10min :D
no dave its not only me, im just the only one that makes a topic about it,

Offline Litro
Fri May 04, 2012 8:52 am Post 
He said its because server needs restart.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri May 04, 2012 9:06 am Post 
it happens even to yourself

Yes thats because of myself. Story hm?

Litro wrote:
He said its because server needs restart.

No. That was during that incident yesterday. Has nothing to do with this.

Didn't do it in the end, it recovered. 99.5% of the time it functions like it should for three years now so I am satisfied.

or ask kingcars how many time he lost connection last night! i tought it was 6x in 10min :D

Not really interested in individual connections. There are over a 1000 connections a day from every part of the world. All with their own configuration, router and route to Paris.

Offline Skagen
Fri May 04, 2012 9:11 am Post 
multiclass-server-s2/connections-problems-t5614.html

Same thing what these guys are experincing. It just seems very improbable to me that this is just individual cases when there have been just the normal 2-3 timeouts for 30+ connections the past hour. Then withing a time frame of just 1-2 minuttes, 10 people loose connection, and continue to loose connection when they attempt to reconnect. And these sudden collective connection drops have been going on for atleast a week now, so it seems to be a problem not related to individuals.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri May 04, 2012 9:29 am Post 
OK one more time, in depth;

Individual connection problems I do not care about, most likely user error.

Massive connection and collision drops like described in link above are related to an unknown LFS bug with very busy LFS servers in the last hours. Seen it happening on different server configurations over the last years now and there is nothing which can fix that other then a clean start (like they do and ask on league events) but I am not going to restart every day. It's just not that important and has nothing to do with the server in general, just LFS.exe having an temporarily internal problem.

Everyone loosing connection or having lag => general server/network issue. Seen it twice over the years. Bugger.

Offline pringles
Fri May 04, 2012 10:10 am Post 
Yesterday around 10 people "Lost connection" one after another, and some couldn't rejoin for a while. It went on for.. I can't remember, couple of races? The server was full then. Same thing happened today, a couple of races ago with =< 5 people on the track. Two people "Lost connection" within a fairly short time frame and one(?) struggled to rejoin. Literally in an identical fashion to yesterday. Hell, it could be some intermediary node that several - but not all - connections go through, or LFS.exe, or something else. Whatever it is, I don't think these threads/posts are a case of "OMG ITS UR FAULT", but it would be nice to understand once and for all what exactly is happening, however it's happening. Through understanding comes acceptance. Or something.

Offline BlueEyedDevil
Fri May 04, 2012 10:59 am Post 
wen its was lagg then i can understand why i lost connection,
but i dint hat lagg, and my fps was 90/100, i dint have problems wiht pc or internet,
maybe im wrong but its started wen the opentracks came(but not sure about that)

anyway i hope someone can fix the problem gause its very anoying,

:dag:

Offline sermilan
Fri May 04, 2012 11:56 am Post 
Another thing, unrelated to this issue, but related to S2 server: you can't see it in the list of connections unless "FBM" is checked (black or blue, not red), even in days when it's not possible to chose that car.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri May 04, 2012 12:07 pm Post 
pringles wrote:
"OMG ITS UR FAULT"

I don't read it like that because that happens rarely anyway :lol: :x

pringles wrote:
but it would be nice to understand once and for all what exactly is happening, however it's happening.

Each event is an event on its own. LFS has some flaws in it's netcode. Buffer overflow after maximum slot usage is one of them. I set maximum allowed connections back to 44 now.

Loss of connection and somebody connects at the same time also results in the loss of both.

Then there is a problem that queue of multiple people connecting cannot be handled pretty good so when 1 is happening, 2 and 3 are causing massive problems in the end.

Anyway, there is not much that I can do, other then to reset the particular LFS thread. Problem is that most people will redirect their problems to something external or 'unknown'. Throughout the years I heard numerous of times; look my PC doing weird, do I have virus :o :huh: :angry: :thumb_d: :roll: .. *runs around in circles panicking* ...

I hate that behavior because it is só generalizing.

Offline Speedy J
Fri May 04, 2012 12:30 pm Post 
A lot of people had timeouts yesterday and the day before.

This means either a LOT of individual connection problems or one server / LFS mainhost problem.

Who knows... all I know is it sucks.

Offline mike259
Fri May 04, 2012 1:36 pm Post 
I understood but I'll try to dumb it down a bit, LFS.exe has issues and with lots of people connected it fails thus the error when lost connection. There is some maintenance going on between some major links (that affect me as well) thus the lost connection and lag. Got it, if not go outside it's almost summer have a beer go to the pool f*** u'r gf... and so on....

Offline Skagen
Fri May 04, 2012 2:14 pm Post 

Then there is a problem that queue of multiple people connecting cannot be handled pretty good so when 1 is happening, 2 and 3 are causing massive problems in the end.

There's also the problem that no one can spectate or pit while the host is waiting to fully establish a new connection to somebody who's joining the server. Have caused many people alot of headache. :x

LFS do have its charm. :)

Offline Nick7
Fri May 04, 2012 2:39 pm Post 
Yeh... shift+s waiting for 'client connecting' can be a bit... annoying ;)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri May 04, 2012 7:03 pm Post 
I restarted the server because of this loss of connection issue. Happy now all? Good 8)

No DONT start to ask to restart the server every time you loose connection because normally its YOU.. :wink:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri May 04, 2012 9:40 pm Post 
OK..

That happens when you make such harsh remarks :fp:

Its the networkz :/ :\

Offline Speedy J
Sat May 05, 2012 8:44 am Post 
What network do you mean? LFS Host to S2 server?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat May 05, 2012 11:53 am Post 
I have no idea, doesn't really matter anyway. They are constructing new lines from London to Montreal, to Amsterdam, to Frankfurt this week (/today) maybe fucking up all kinds of things. It stay French.

I said it sucks now and there is not much more that I can do. Other then to move, but that is such an heavy operation, don't want to think about that now :fp: :duh:

edit; hmm.. maybe I can... Only have to do a partial move... ... ... Well we will see... What I remember of two years ago there was also some dramatic two weeks.. CG servers does not really matter. Race every 15 minutes... Event servers need to stay reliable.

[ 24 posts ]