agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Offline M Ekström
Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:58 pm Post 
Since I had quite a long pause in public-racing, I am not really used to the "new" tracks that came with the open configs and so I have almost no matching setups in my setup-folder. To get somehow competitive without destroying everyones race while not knowing where to go, I'd like to test a bit apart from cg-servers. (it is even pretty much impossible to create a decent setup during the cycle...)
Therefore I am asking, if it is somehow possible to download the layouts that are used on cg-servers? I do actually know that there is some "unofficial layout database" from about 2011 in the official lfs-forum. But at the first view, it looked like the cg-servers are using different ways of declaring tracks at some points (like different bumpers and more objects in general). I am also not sure if there are some combos that are not included in said layout-database.

So... Is there something I just wasn't able to find so far, or does it work as well with the layout-pack?
Small bonus: Some kind of an advice, which tracks are most likely to be voted would be great, so I can start with those.. :)

Thank you in advance! :)

edit: Just realized that I posted in the S2-server section instead of "general server discussion"... oops :oops:
But shouldn't make that much of a difference. I think, I won't drive a lot on other servers anyway. :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:36 pm Post 
It originates from here; https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=73903

Changed some stuff on various tracks but its just to increase safety. If you want to save something in-game just press shift-U.

Offline MorX
Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 pm Post 

:lol:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:39 pm Post 
8)

Offline troy
Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:06 pm Post 
Quote:
Changed some stuff on various tracks but its just to increase safety. If you want to save something in-game just press shift-U.

Rant incoming:

While your intentions may have been good you actually made a lot of the tracks worse safety wise. Wanted to post about that for a long time already, now I finally got some pictures together to back up my random rant so here goes...

Aston National, Fernbay Black (and probably some other variants), Kyoto GP Long. You arrive in T1 (T2 at KY3) and got a huge gravel trap so people can safely run wide without causing too much trouble. You put hay bales there which in turn send people back on the racing line together with plenty of exactly those bales causing chaos in the field arriving. I don't see a point in that, in the original "layout" you go wide, you lose time, nobody else is affected, yes you need to rejoin after your excursion but rejoining further back is a lot safer then getting sent back onto the line by and with those hay bales.

Image Image Image

Same here on Aston National and Aston North, not as extreme but still it's asking for the same trouble, going wide there wont gain you time either.

Special cases Kyoto National and reverse. Regarding picture 1, I can understand you don't want people to cut there because you could gain a fair bit of time and rejoin the track in a bad spot but in my opinion it would be enough to keep the solid barriers you put there right at the end, the bales again just invite to a lot of chaos if somebody runs a bit wide sending all those bales on the track and incoming traffic.

Regarding picture 2, similar situation but not as bad, I don't think you gain time cutting through the gravel there, the gain is immediately lost in the next corner because of dirty tyres, rejoining is also not as dangerous as in picture 1, again the bales cause plenty of chaos when sent on the track.

Image Image

I am missing a KY3r picture where you try to stop people from cutting through the first chicane with plenty of bales, similar argument against it again. I'll try to get one next time I see cargame on that combo so I can explain more in depth. Made a quick layout proposal on how to solve the cutting problem without hay bales there, it's not fancy but would do the job for extreme cutters.

Offline MorX
Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:39 pm Post 
Υes, in many layouts, those are completely useless and cause more trouble... especially on lightweight cars!

[ 6 posts ]