agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 45 posts ]
Offline Ulmo
Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:31 pm Post 
Hello guys,

im really disapointed , i saw we cant race gtr anymore on s2 server .

I think that is the worst decision ever made on this server ..

you let gt2 race , but this is the same pb that with gtr , and gt2 is boring and boring (no need skill to drive fast a 20% castrated car).

i hope that this decision will be deleted soon ..

There is no interest to drive GTR on a empty server..

Offline Litro
Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:05 pm Post 
That's because of some drivers are looking for easy way to win other(same class and slow class cars) drivers, feel powerful to drive in GTR with slower class cars. Driving on GTR+OW server wouldn't be so easy to win and will not be as powerful. :lol: Victory is a Good Feeling... :x

Offline jahilton2002
Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:47 pm Post 
hmmmm off to gt ow i go :cry: :duh: :nono: ;(

Offline jahilton2002
Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:48 pm Post 
oh no wait... it's empty :roll:

Offline Sandeman
Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:10 am Post 
:nah:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:52 am Post 
Litro understands what I was noticing.

Ulmo wrote:
you let gt2 race , but this is the same pb that with gtr

It's not.

GT2 has it's own WR system now. It's even more fun to drive GT2 because most WR's are fresh and it's fun to set a new WR.

And it's not the same PB either, well it is on LFSW.. But not on Aitio

LFS doesn't change for years, but the InSim software does (luckily :nah: 8) )

Ulmo wrote:

And that is why the GOW server needs promotion.

If this isn't working I will revert the changes but have to give it a fair chance. There are more and more people driving GTR now and it gives lots of problems with the slower classes.

Might need to scrap the complete GTx line before it's becoming a GTR only server. Everyone wants to drive that class, it seems... But fail to take the GOW server.

Because it's empty, yes it's empty because there is an alternative ... Duh..

Offline Ric Moore
Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:01 pm Post 
I´m also sorry for that decision, but it is ;( I don´t know how it drives with a GT2, because I wanted to wait to I have the score to drive GTR, my plan was to drive XFR or FXO and then GTR .. but now ..

What is the problem on the GOW Server? All Noobs can take it also, and we have the same problem as on the S2 Server: Crashes, Crashes, Crashes .. On the S2 Server you must earn many Points to drive GTR, this gives you experience. That has the consequences, that you feel the quality as driver to drive multiclass. Impossible to drive in Class 2 in town, but the more highly the class, then better the drivers. On the Gow Server all Noobs can also drive GTR I believe the Races will be not so good. I tried it but I had the feeling to drive FXO on S2, more then one other Guys ramm you out of the way ..

Maybe one Idea to make the GOW Server more attractiv: Why not a must-Pitstop and the Races a little bit longer (see the AMG-Server, very interesting and gives you a little tactic to race, I can´t race on this AMG-server because I dropped out because of bad connection and laggs)

Ok, so I have a question: Can I use the normal FXR Setups or need the GT2 specially setups ?

Offline Speedy J
Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:50 pm Post 
Ric Moore wrote:
All Noobs can take it also, and we have the same problem as on the S2 Server: Crashes, Crashes, Crashes ..

You are totally right about the n00bs driving GTR on Cargame GOW.

But......

We are with more admins and will spread our presence over the different servers of Cargame. Also like yesterday a GOW-racer connected to S2 to inform me about a crasher so I went there and banned him. Well, if the GOW server gets more crowded I personally rather be there than on S2 :D

So I think that would not be the biggest issue.

Ric Moore wrote:
Ok, so I have a question: Can I use the normal FXR Setups or need the GT2 specially setups ?

For most tracks the setups for GTR and GT2 differ a lot, yes. You can always as a GT2 driver his setup, most of them will give them without a problem :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:04 pm Post 
jahilton2002 wrote:
oh no wait... it's empty :roll:

Nah...

Just a little trust please.

Offline Speedy J
Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:20 pm Post 
How come I don't see IHR in these stats Dave?

Offline jahilton2002
Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:24 pm Post 
lol i'm oh of them lol :lol: fo8 rules!

oh no wait... it's empty :roll: that was me being sarcy with what "other people" would prob say lol....

although i'm not gonna talk to you still in my "barry white voice" because you stole my fxr :x . you'll just have to talk to me via speedy :lol: :P :wink: :roflol:

anyway open wheel cars rule!.... not sure about the bf1 tho.... abit Image with all that traction control and all....

didn't mean to come across an arse..... hope you'll still be my secret off track lover (f)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:18 pm Post 
:x :lol:

Offline Ulmo
Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:49 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Litro understands what I was noticing.
Quote:
Ulmo a écrit:
you let gt2 race , but this is the same pb that with gtr

It's not.
GT2 has it's own WR system now. It's even more fun to drive GT2 because most WR's are fresh and it's fun to set a new WR.
And it's not the same PB either, well it is on LFSW.. But not on Aitio
LFS doesn't change for years, but the InSim software does (luckily )

when i said pb , its for problem, not personal best :P. my bad for that ^^ . I dont think that gt2 class is fun because the WR is more fresh than gtr.

With GT2 , i lost a lot a things that he make me want to drive a gtr ..

20% less power .... with same chassis and tyres .... You just need a basic set , r3 tyres , full throttle and turn on all turns ... this is not race for me .

I love gtr because you have to manage your line, manage your tyres, manage the power .... There is less things to manage with gt2

Quote:
Ulmo a écrit:

Quote:

And that is why the GOW server needs promotion.
If this isn't working I will revert the changes but have to give it a fair chance. There are more and more people driving GTR now and it gives lots of problems with the slower classes.
Might need to scrap the complete GTx line before it's becoming a GTR only server. Everyone wants to drive that class, it seems... But fail to take the GOW server.
Because it's empty, yes it's empty because there is an alternative ... Duh..

With that think , maybe your class organization is not accurate ... what is the interest of spending hours to go to class 6 ??? Drive BF1 on gow server ? :zzz:

A lots of driver on your great server want to drive GTR for drive GTR with skilled people. Class 6 races are here for that . On Gow server , all noobs can uses gtr for fxrstartcrash like rb4noobs do same thing on s2 server ...

I think (maybe im wrong ;) ) that you move the problem. If you want to really solve the pb, you have to be more severe with guys who not respect slow class on s2 , gow server , even if these guys are on class 5 or 6 . I dont say that you have to ban all people like ihr servers, but a bit more and you dont have to restrict class 6 car ...

Is true that more and more people drive gt2 or gtr on your server. But most of us in class 5/6 like to drive sometimes with tbo , or gt class4 cars. i think that never the gow server have to popularity of s2 server , because on gow server , noobs can use fast cars ..

NB : Sorry for my french english :D

Offline Litro
Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:00 pm Post 
Ulmo wrote:
20% less power .... with same chassis and tyres .... You just need a basic set , r3 tyres , full throttle and turn on all turns ... this is not race for me .

LOL, same for FZR - put R4 and full throttle and turn on all turns. :lol: But about FZ2 - should use R2 and need to modify setup, coz it is not the same as FZR.
P.S. Why there isn't cargame.nl :nah:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 pm Post 
I can make that too, if you want.

Don't know why but AA is EQ's own server environment and R2R is a strong affiliate ... Don't know about the rest, will be a particular reason.

Offline Hafik1
Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:53 am Post 
Hello guys,
yes and I am shocking herewith decision and in extenso agree with Ulmo

Offline ekspanzi
Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 am Post 
i have to say that i like the decision, thanks!

i have to agree with guys on this one
Ric Moore wrote:
What is the problem on the GOW Server? All Noobs can take it also, and we have the same problem as on the S2 Server: Crashes, Crashes, Crashes ..

maybe for total noobs you should put a limit to GT2 class on GOW, as soon as GOW become popular we will have those problems surely..
everything else :thumb: (f)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:38 am Post 
I know but pro's aren't really the dedicated drivers, noobs are. Again and again I see this situation. Experienced people don't want an empty server but they also don't want unexperienced drivers. If experienced people see a empty server the won't join while unexperienced people are more willing to join and stay no matter what. Experienced drivers are more willing to leave if they don't like something but experienced drivers are -NOT- a majority.

The racerbase of LFS is too low to make a 24/7 experienced server possible so compromises need to be made.

It's not that simple, it would be much easier if LFS was more popular :roll: :wink:

But maybe GOW server needs a slower, safer entry car... Need to think about it.

Offline ekspanzi
Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:42 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
Need to think about it.

just do it (nike :roflol: )

Offline Litro
Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:00 pm Post 
Just drive and relax ! :lol:

Offline Skagen
Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:27 am Post 
I see GT3s are implementet in AIRW now. Have you considered GT3 on S2? I.e class 5 = GT3 and class 6 = GT2, or something. :)

Offline Ulmo
Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:43 pm Post 
GT4 rox : GTR with 99% restriction :x :x :x

Offline JackCY
Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:45 pm Post 
why are GTRs back on S2 server? noticed today, like WTF how can he do -9s laps :D am I that F* bad?
ok got his set, oh now I see :D no restriction, and boom, little chat and almost all GT2s converted to GTRs
don't like GTRs on S2 server, had been better fun with GT2s only, well GT2s are little under powered, would be better around 20% not around 25% but hey still greater fun than GTRs
so why is there GTR+OW when no one is there, and when there is someone their driving just suck so you have no opponent :(
pls consider removing GTRs from S2 server, and leave GT2s only

Offline Litro
Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:57 pm Post 
Really GTRs are back ? :lol: Grrrr...

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:02 pm Post 
I have a problem. People don't move to the dedicated GTR server but stay on the main server or even worse, don't drive.

I don't get the logic. Complaining about blue flagging, crashing slow noobs etc... But still want everything together.

I thought about time based GTR driving, not during busy hours... But that may be to complicated as well :-?

Offline Litro
Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:19 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
I don't get the logic. Complaining about blue flagging, crashing slow noobs etc... But still want everything together.

As I said before - Victory is a Good Feeling...win slower cars remain as a victory :-?
But maybe You could give FBM too on GTR+OW server ? It would be nice. :thumb:

Offline jahilton2002
Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:14 pm Post 
and tanks plz :D

Offline Ulmo
Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:41 am Post 
Quote:
I have a problem. People don't move to the dedicated GTR server but stay on the main server or even worse, don't drive.

I thought about time based GTR driving, not during busy hours... But that may be to complicated as well

I understand your feelings, i really appreciate your open mind with this subject . I'm not sure that i'm open mind like you :respect:

About blue flag / crash , i think that we have to concentrate on C5/C6 drivers who not respect other drivers and punish him :) ..

I'm here fi you need guys to focus on that :woop:

Offline Skagen
Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:23 am Post 
I see GTR now and then on the S2 server, so is the GTR still under consideration?
In my opinion, the GTR should be removed, and the GT3 should be introduced on the S2 server. =)

Perhaps you also can add a notice in the !infos that GTR is limited to the GTR+OW server, so people are more aware of GTR+OW if they wish to race GTR.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:07 pm Post 
Skagen wrote:
In my opinion, the GTR should be removed, and the GT3 should be introduced

In my opinion the GTR indeed needs to be removed but no introduction for a new car/class.

There are already too many car classes, too many speed variation and too many crashes because of these differences.

I also liked the GT2 battles.

Offline Litro
Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:58 am Post 
But how about FBM on GTR+OW serv ?

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 am Post 
Yezyezyez.. FBM lover :devil:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:39 am Post 
Switched FBM to on but didn't put it in a class or safety rate requirement (yet).

Offline JackCY
Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:08 pm Post 
I really don't get it :/
The S2 server is full 50% time I try to join...
Please get rid of the GTRs on S2 and put them in the GTR server or something, I don't know if there is enough FXOs to keep the S2 running with lot of people
but the classes are almost pointless, you get to GTR in 14 days or so still most of the players race FXOs...

IMHO would be great to have:
S2: from slow cars, TBO, FZ, LX, ... up to UFR XFR (maybe only baby, don't know how they compare to FZ5, LX6)
GTR+OW: everything that has slicks (...R1-R4...), nothing without slicks, of course we want FBM! Don't know about BF1 as that's a beast, maybe not BF1 and such monsters, or some special class for those or some huge LFS experience index requiered

Or

at least remove GTR from S2 and keep only GT2 :yes:

And solve the idlers issue, people just looking not racing, in spectator. In Counter-Strike it kicks you off after few minutes :) simple as that.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:15 pm Post 
JackCY wrote:
And solve the idlers issue, people just looking not racing, in spectator. In Counter-Strike it kicks you off after few minutes :) simple as that.

Same here (above a certain connected-player treshold)

Maybe need to tweak that I bit (just did).

However the grid is full so it doesn't change much.

JackCY wrote:
at least remove GTR from S2 and keep only GT2 :yes:

Reconsidering that. :wink:

Offline Speedy J
Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:28 pm Post 
JackCY wrote:
And solve the idlers issue, people just looking not racing, in spectator.

I spectate a lot, but I do that for you Jack :cry:

:wink:

Offline Litro
Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:57 pm Post 
Except admins, , of course. :lol:

Offline jahilton2002
Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:47 am Post 
i love the gtrs on s2, and i really only race the fxr there now :( imho i would remove all gtr classes from s2 and make the gtr drivers go ti ow gtr,

we free more space on s2 and also make ow gtr alittle more busy win win....

i also like the idea of being able to drive every or most cars (except bf1 :roll: ) but have them all in the same class....

:)

dave set my f08 so it was almost the same as the gtrs, was great fun :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:40 am Post 
jahilton2002 wrote:
f08 so it was almost the same as the gtrs, was great fun :)

You mean FJR?

Yeah thats great, too bad you need a clutch for it to be really fast.

jahilton2002 wrote:
remove all gtr classes

jahilton2002 wrote:
we free more space on s2 and also make ow gtr alittle more busy win win....

I'll seriously doubt it will be that easy. Somehow LFS racers are very conservative in their racing environment.

It would be easier if we had more racers in general :/

Offline jahilton2002
Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:27 am Post 
really we have lots of racers, most of them join our servers unless they have teams of there own. s2 is ALWAYS at the top of the list.

you could try to move gtr as a tests?

Offline jahilton2002
Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:38 am Post 
i'd race on gtr ow more if more people joined.

if you put gtr there most of the class 5 6 people should join, leavin' others to race lx6 and below.. less crashes on s2,

at first i hated the idea on not havin' gtr on s2, but i can see how its a problem and the if you remove them, you could also "shoot yourself in the foot"

s2 upto = lx6 tbo

gtr ow = gtrs inc ufr xfr and all openwheel cars except bf1

thats my thoughts.

still number one and still my fav ever in terms of choice of car and friendly drivers.

cargame.nl forever!! :wine: :thumb: :respect:

Offline jahilton2002
Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:47 pm Post 
or what would be really cool is when the track changed, so does the car, :P that would be ace!

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:33 pm Post 
jahilton2002 wrote:
you could also "shoot yourself in the foot"

I hate shooting myself in the foot :wink:

As I said, removing GTR would be an option but GT2 at the same time is just too much. Maybe later, maybe never. Depends really on demand. (f)

Btw... I just noticed a full server and nobody was driving a GTR. A XFR won. I was quite surprised to see that :D

But to be honest, I focus on demo at the moment. I'm creating a new league system. It's too complex for S1/S2 due to the class system so first I introduce it to demo and think of a class algorithm later. I think it changes LFS completely. :x 8)

Offline Sandeman
Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:00 pm Post 
Good idea O:) O:)

Offline nosila
Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:18 pm Post 
the "tire wast" factor is what i use to beat some of them loool but that is only a big problem for them in tracks that dont have much straight lines, i just think that they can get to much ahead in first lap's and dont have to do much to keep their place in those last few lap's when they burn the front tires...specially when the rest of the TBO's are in the lower places bcuz of the 'mid turn hitting' problem..

[ 45 posts ]