agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]
Offline kiyoshi
Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:26 am Post 
While many people appreciate your efforts to host a server, sadly, it doesn't seem to achieve some of your aims.
While the racing can often be good while you are online Dave, when you aren't there, it's usually mayhem.
It isn't 'noobs' which is the problem - we should all welcome new LFSers, but it's the hardcore drivers who are perfectly capable of driving fairly, but think it's ok to just push anyone out of their way when they feel like it. If they are given a free hand, then what kind of an example is set for the 'noobs'? No wonder they start wrecking too, and no wonder most of the very clean drivers stay away.
I know you don't seem to like controlling the behaviour of racers on the server, and while that is a sensible approach, it's a little idealistic. Some racers clearly don't give a 'stuff' about discussing things & playing fair. When you're unwilling to exclude certain consistently bad drivers, their bad attitude spoils the fun of so many more fair racers.

Maybe I'm wrong, and most people are happy to wreck others, and have their own races ruined that way. Maybe you are right to 'turn a blind eye' with certain racers.
In my opinion, I don't think so. I know it's difficult to get the balance right, but for now I find there's much more disappointment than fun on this server.

Offline jahilton2002
Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:09 am Post 
"turns a blind eye"

hmmmmmm not dave i was "kick happy" yesterday after givin' number of warnings to people who you call "noobs" the main crashes in the race were people in lower classes crashin' inti same class cars.....

when you say the "hardcore drivers" push people out of the way, i can agree with you to a point, it tends to be the gtr class :x . top 10 ten in the race who come upto a back marker and after "wait" for the "noob" to action a blue flag warning, give them a tap or push.

GTR drivers need to calm down, but at the same time backmarkers should always obay the blue flag. move out of the way or take a corner alittle wider.

after watchin' 4 races yesterday i noticed that the tbo type cars very rarely action on blug flags.....

admain can't always be at there keyboard. i join last night to have a few races and could see that speedy was having a hard time keepin up with all the "crashin'". i told him to have a race and i would watch over the race. admin want to race also..... and sometimes we miss things. post a reply here so we can action anything we miss so it can be actioned.

so do we impose blug flag Penaltys, or remove gtr........ it would be better to shoot our selfs in the foot.

i think admin are gonna get alittle more "harsh" on this type of behaviour so, hell i've already started.

but plz keep join' the servers and try to have fun, there's always somebody willing to ruin everybody fun, thats why admin try to be there as much as possable. we have 4 server to watch remember.

have fun

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 am Post 
jahilton2002 wrote:
so do we impose blug flag Penaltys, or remove gtr........ it would be better to shoot our selfs in the foot.

I don't know if that's better, I'm not convinced.

I don't see people leaving because of the way it's administered right now. I am not going to change anything because a minority wants it. The majority of racers are average or just above average. Not talking about speed here, but in clean racing.

Look of the failures IHR made (first time I bring that up here). The ideology is good but when you work it out, it fails. It's interesting to analyze why it fails.

And John, I heard about the kicking spree, but I don't think it's the right way. That's the reason why we also have a small admin base. Too big and you get too many different points of view on admin level.

A mistake, it can happen. As long as someone is making an excuse I'm happy. If someone doesn't talk after the question; "why the h#ll did you do that for?" .. Then it gets interesting and when it is recurring it's time to initiate short bans.

Kicking and banning for every little thing without discussion will result in an empty server and a very hostile view to the ones who admin a server.

---
Most importantly;

If you want cleaner racing, you must visit a less populated server. 32 cars on track in six different classes is asking for problems. If you want to join a more populated server you have to deal with some crashing. It is unavoidable.

20-24 cars on track in three classes is about the sweet spot but the demand is low for such an environment. I can't help it! :/

... However, first thing I got to do is change the way of tracks being rotated. During peak hours it is very unwelcome to see FE2, SO1 and all other tracks with low room to pop up.

When there is more room on a track it gets safer. It's the most important thing to change in my opinion at this moment. Not the way of administrating.

By the way, I am in a position to open another 10 or 20 servers anywhere on this planet and/or with another way of administrating but again => No demand.

Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:21 pm Post 
Instead of banning or kicking couldn't you just spectate bad drivers to have a tlak with them. Driving and talking at the same time isn't a good idea, at least I can't do it safely.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:43 pm Post 
Yeah most of the time I'll wait till the person finishes while still monitoring if he/she causes other problems. If the car is badly damaged I take it out of the race anyway.

Sometimes I'll do a kick right away, or a ban... Really depends on the situation. But never without warning unless it's dive bombing or heavily intentional crashing. In that case there is no discussion possible.

And if there is a report on this forum the connect ban error message then contains a hint to take a look at the forum here.

Offline jahilton2002
Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:08 pm Post 
LOL when i say kickin' spree i mean i sent 2 to the pits (very damaged cars couldn't drive in a straight line and didn't respond to me) and after and 10mins of he said she sad and a number of warning kicked another.....

thats most i've ever had to do in a 24hr slot! thin i'ver ever only banned 1 person. :kwijl:

god i can't type on this fhone :lol:

Offline nosila
Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:57 am Post 
that's a nice idea ;)

Offline Inouva
Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:18 am Post 
Well, This is getting annoying and sinking the fun of a multiclass server
The problem is the TBO class and new drivers, you are giving a "Powerfull" car to novices, when they should start with xfg/xrg (Like ctra / IHR )

Also removing the GT1 class, and left only GT2, also controling the gtr class should be more strict, the mayority, they simple push-to-pass, When someon is on blue flag and some gtr come to overtake, they dont care where or when overtake they simply push the flagged car, in a corner or some times in the straght, they need to LEARN what and where they can overtake safely

It happens to me that someon pushed ,e SO chichane route, in the downlhild entering in the chicane, in a hard place to control the car and make space to other can overtake you,after he push me and send me to the wall and fliped me in the air, after he finish the race, i go the msg from hin saying "Next time gtfo of my way b!tch", this is a example how a gtr dont care about the other drivers and simple pass-through other cars, This not only is in South city in ferm bay and blacwood too

Maybe a HARD or more STRICT control over the gtr whould be better, if they dont want to wait to the flagged car to give space to overtake, and they push out of the way the flagged car, should be spected asap and talk with hin/her

Sadly the only i see "Working" for "Try" to make a good server is Joske and dav,

P.D; I`m inouva

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:44 am Post 
K9001 wrote:
you are giving a "Powerfull" car to novices, when they should start with xfg/xrg

Agreed but XFG/XRG is too dangerous as well ...

I'm currently thinking about some changes but I've been busy the last days.. Today I even took a LFS racer and his girlfriend (DuHec, from Slovenia) on tour in my country. Thanks for the chocolates :lief:

That are the funny things with this game, I hosted various game servers for some years now but the personal contact in this game is amazing.

So I do not agree with the "no fun", in the title of this thread :wink:

[ 9 posts ]