agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 30 posts ]
Offline peter_heijnen
Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:52 am Post 
Hi there. :)

Yesterday i got some complaints. I used the word idiot quite a lot untill people started noticing and asking why i used it so often. Tru, it's not so nice to call anybody names, but the right word for someone that rams another in the rear or wants to overtake where there is simply not enough room for two, is idiot. So, 'idiot' is my F5 key.

Speedy and i 'got together' once yesterday too -he thinks my fault, i think not- and he went crazy over it. I understand why he went crazy, but being crashed happens to me ALL THE TIME. I dont go crazy over it but push F5. Imagine this, the other day i drive towards the slowest hairpin at aston with an approaching lx6 in my mirror, but even before the brakingzone the guy rams me from behind, puts me out and says.... SORRY.

How would you call that?

Offline Speedy J
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:03 am Post 
The reason I don not want you to say "idiot" all the time is dual:
- It is not concidered as nice communication.
- We as admins can not react on it. If you say who ramms you we can watch that driver, even watch replay in order to get that driver straight, or out. This way you contribute to a clean server and that is what we all want. Just "idiot" leaves us with empty hands.

Oh, I didn't get crazy. But since you complained about being asskicked in the previous race I did NOT want to hit you, so I started a clean pass ... and you blocked me and crashed me by that. How would you call that? :wink:

Furthermore I kicked you lateron for saying something very unkind about Polish people. I hope you get that.

Offline peter_heijnen
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:31 am Post 
-Speedy, if i had to report each asskick that i got, i wouldnt have time left to race. But ok, whats the best way to report?

-Still i dont see how i blocked you, i drove the normal line.

-I anticipated to be kicked for the 'polish' so i did understand. Btw, my mother is polish. ;)

Offline Speedy J
Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:45 am Post 
:nah: Buy your mom some flowers (f)

I don't really care about our accident.

But best way would be to connect to TeamSpeak and say the name of the driver that's bad. If you don't want to talk with us :) , type it in the racechat. Racename or something.

This way we can deal with it directly and the reportsection of this forum can be kept on a low level.

And yeah not every asskick needs to be reported but there is a difference between accidents on one hand and rude driving/crashing on the other.

Offline SCS Sakuma
Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:31 am Post 
i dont want to stir things.. but my friend had just started racing with us last night (Shikari_San) i was racing him in the ufb on aston, and on 2 consecutive laps you rammed into the back of him coming into the hairpin at aston... was there a reason for that?

but anyway you could atleast say thanks to the person? at least then they know you're anoyed at what they did. and can then act on saying sorry. but most people in the rooms take you out and dont say anything >.> or cut you up when your turning in to overtake them, which in turn takes themselves out. then they write (...) like its your fault.

but yeah ive had no incident with you yet peter. but if we did. unless it was 100% clearly not my fault, i will say sorry asap! but if you called me an idiot. id be very annoyed by that ;/

Offline peter_heijnen
Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:02 pm Post 
Hi Sakuma, i remember Shikari at aston. What happened there was me adapting to Shikaris style. He took me me out in the same way just before that so i thought he wouldnt mind me driving like that too.

The minis often take me out because they resist to step off the throttle if my car -slow turning lx4- takes the turn. Even if you're annoyed thinking being held up, you will have to wait for your opportunity instead of trying to go right thru somebody.

Also consider that when i meet the slow minis, it's mostly because i've already been driven off just before -again!- by one of the faster cars that got behind me after start. Then, just after starting pace again i get driven over by several minis that simply leave the pedal to the metal, race after race after race.... Yesterday was exceptionally bad and it really pissed me off big time.

Offline SCS Sakuma
Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 pm Post 
you've never had that problem with me when im in the mini. :D

usually im far to cautious. like yesterday first corner of aston i was in the mini, some on in an lx6 in front of me was sliding and i had grass on my right and a car on my left so i had no choice to let of the gas and brake a little. which in turn got someone who flew into me ;/

kinda annoying being the safe kinda guy but getting taken out for being safe and trying to avoid crashes ;/

Offline peter_heijnen
Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:20 pm Post 
Quote:
kinda annoying being the safe kinda guy but getting taken out for being safe and trying to avoid crashes ;/

That's probably why we dont have incidents, i too take care. :)

Which brings me to all those meaningless 'sorry' sayers. How sorry can one be if he is careless time after time again?

If the rules would be applied consistently, lots of people would have been kicked off the server every day.

Offline SCS Sakuma
Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:26 pm Post 
yeah like the other day i got a run out of a corner on someone in an xrt at aston.. was running past them on there left. coming to a left hand hairpin he was pushing me of track till i had no track left and was spinning on the grass. and before i could shift+s i had crashed into someone. the guy never even said sorry?

but i did notice that there is new barriers on the inside of slow corners so if something like that happens again it wont be as bad.

Offline peter_heijnen
Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:03 pm Post 
Looks like an idiot to me... ;)

Offline initial D AE86
Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:55 pm Post 
So the word idiot, I always associate bad, but I see that not just me O:)

Offline DOC
Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:41 pm Post 
Hmmm.. i can understand the inner feeling to "say" idiot on server sometimes... :fp:

but that is exactly wy i have no bind for this....... :x

Offline shoock
Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:38 pm Post 
i think you are not awair that so manny times you poot yourshelf in situation that other do ram you, not really beacose they drive dirty.. more beacose you poot them in that situacion.a see you like you are tying hard to race clean and good, thats whay i have nothing bad to say, but what i soo manny times, you need to be more awair for other drivers that are beahinde you,by yours side etc..you drive in the whay that its hard to tall what you are gonna do,confuse driver bahinde you,and dont really leave any rome for others, thats whay things mostly end in way that people ram you. and from yours perspective it really is F!:IDio.... i know that. i know that you are drivnig clean and trying to have clean fair race, thats why i dnot wanna say anything bad, and ofc. some of them do ram you beacose theay are yearks and its not yours fault. driving lx on multiclass is difficult and frustrating somethinmes. i just say that manny acidents really dont need to happend if you take different approach, and you can have much more fun, clean racing ,and not feall like idots are all around you :)
i hope this all make sence.

Offline Inouva
Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:48 pm Post 
We should invent a word that describe stupidity or idioticy but is need to sound "Nice" so there is no hard feelings after saying that word (f)

Offline dadoml
Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:51 pm Post 
brain-amputee? ;)

EDIT: better - !natural!

Offline kiyoshi
Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:28 pm Post 
'Darling'?

Offline gammelsokdk
Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:33 pm Post 
If it was the weight of your brain that keep't you on the ground you would be out in space now :D

could be like that :thumb:

Offline Speedy J
Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:41 pm Post 
"I could have been your daddy but your mommy couldn't change a twenty"

:)

Offline franky.s
Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:57 pm Post 
kiyoshi

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:18 am Post 
Satoshi

Offline Speedy J
Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:31 am Post 
:no: :nono:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:05 am Post 
O:) :D

Offline Speedy J
Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:36 am Post 
:lock: :lol:

Offline initial D AE86
Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 pm Post 
:lol: :lock: :lol:

Offline DuHeC
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:52 pm Post 
http://piv.pivpiv.dk/ lol hahaha :D

Offline Litro
Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:49 pm Post 
DOC wrote:
Hmmm.. i can understand the inner feeling to "say" idiot on server sometimes...

but that is exactly wy i have no bind for this...

+1

Offline peter_heijnen
Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:43 am Post 
shoock wrote:

I dont agree! I am not only aware of other car or cars, i'm very focussed on them... ;).

I'm talking about being crashed from behind all the time.

Offline Rolly
Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:06 pm Post 
personally i think it would be easier for all of us if you come to teamspeak if you have any problems or just need to ask something... we are here to help you if we can.

Offline kiyoshi
Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:48 pm Post 
Insulting someone because your car was hit is not helpful & fairly pointless. You can't know exactly why you were hit until you watch the replay. Maybe they in turn were pushed. It does tend to breed bad feeling & more insults on the server, too.
Have you ever had a positive result from calling someone an idiot? In particular from someone who actually is one? ;)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:44 am Post 
Try me :lief: :D

[ 30 posts ]