agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]
Offline Nick7
Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:39 pm Post 
I really-really enjoy FBM day - driving FBM's only is really awesome.

BUT....

This is goddamn destruction derby.
FE3 - if you start below 1/4 of grid, you're dead. Not maybe, just matter of time.
Pure, unlimited carnage.
Add to that people who sleep on start (just leave their car there) for an extra carnage bonus.
Really, really frustrated&pissed off here.
People just don't have ANY driving culture (big thanks to few exceptions).

Offline franky.s
Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:32 pm Post 
true. always must be admin watch all day.

not one admint to be seen.. add to this bad lags from server and its worst server ever.. so worse i wanted to cruise :angry:

Offline Speedy J
Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:13 pm Post 
Two admins watching now.

We have lives. I am so sorry.

Offline initial D AE86
Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:54 pm Post 
so is the slaughter, so I did not play today in s2, just a bit of s1, the FBM day of is a dirty race, FBM is really difficult to drive, I play on the mouse drive xrt, I love and I'm fast XRT on some maps, but I have difficulties in conducting FBM, besides. :wink:
today is Sunday, for sure is a lot of visitors :no:
me if I had more time I'd played more lfs, but a lot of work and after work I am often tired :zzz: :oops:

PS: everyone has their issues and work , administrators really devote much time ... :respect: :thumb:

Offline BMW-gek
Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:12 pm Post 
Sorry for mayhem, still we can't do magic. Speedy and me needed two races to get all faces in the same direction. If there is no admin online or don't respond on the server please use the report section then.

Offline OTone
Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:21 pm Post 
That's why I left from Fern bay, there are always chaos over there.

Offline Nick7
Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:34 pm Post 
2CG team: I really appreciate all the work you do. It's hard to manage with many people doing chaos all the time. As for FBM day - I do love it. But when it's drivable. FE3 was not.

Just some of crashes on FE3 I was involved in, before got pissed off and went off.

Link

Btw, can you start giving punishment to people who just sit idle on start (like in video)?

Offline initial D AE86
Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:52 pm Post 
:o car gray sleep
@Nick7 , Panzer my countryman and friend in 0:06 :lol: :roflol:

FBM Days real :roflol: :lol: :beer: :fp: :zzz:

Link

Shift + S does not work in reality :fp:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:54 pm Post 
It's this or every day the same principle. Variation brings more chaos. There are only a few racers on LFS who can be that diversive.

franky.s wrote:
so worse i wanted to cruise :angry:

Good decision.

Nick7 wrote:
People just don't have ANY driving culture (big thanks to few exceptions).

Exactly. And there is no admin who can fix that.

Offline JJMonty
Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:39 pm Post 
I don't want to sound like I'm pointing out the obvious - but it is a public server guys.... it doesn't matter how many admins you add, as long as the server is public, you are going to get noobs :thumb_d:

I've been playing LFS since 2004 and I've now learned that moaning and bitching is not always the best solution (sometimes it is though! :P ). Treat it as a form of practice, I always practice on public servers because it improves my racecraft. It is often you will see me purposly starting from the back of the grid just to get some practice in! You don't always win a race from being fastest, but you can win a race from being smart and cunning - something I have done many times! :P

For clean "professional racing", that is what the private servers and leagues are for... public servers are for everyone. Including the noobs who will be wanting their first shot online too.... we were all a noob once! :P

Granted, it is annoying and after seeing Nick7's video, I can see why it rattles people's cages because it annoys me too... but this server and (FM) are probably the best servers I've been to in terms of noob filtering... you are never going to make it perfect and I've had some of the most enjoyable races on this server for a long long long time!

Considering how many Admins there are, they do a very good job and I have seen league events look more ametarish than this public server! It is about as good as it is going to get considering the circumstances... Keep up the good work folks

8)

Offline Skagen
Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:25 pm Post 
The grid is sorted by personal best laptimes. If I know I don't have one registered, or that my PB is slow, I try starting from the pits a bit late on into the race. That way I can hotlap a bit before the next race, and hopefully gain a grid position in the top 10. Or better, in the top 5 if I am lucky. Once you get a good grid position, you can improve your PB even more from drafting the fast and clean racers at the front of the grid.

One big problem with FBM is the limited side views. I've crashed many times because I couldn't really see what was going on in my blind spots. Using headphones is even more important when racing FBM to tell where other cars are around you.

Offline sermilan
Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:47 pm Post 
Skagen wrote:
I try starting from the pits a bit late on into the race. That way I can hotlap a bit before the next race, and hopefully gain a grid position in the top 10.

That's a smart tactic... which I didn't apply this Sunday and got almost mad :[ . First four races were disaster and finally the fifth I could start in front and have a good race.

The problem with noobs these days is that they don't practice off-line AT ALL.... remembering when I started with LFS, I used to spend many hours off-line learning the car, its limits, limits of each corner... and then I joined the race.

Some good racing on Sunday with you, Skagen & Monty, looking for some more in the future :beer:

Perhaps we could revive cargame OW server with FBMs during the week?

Offline fadeaway
Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:36 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
remembering when I started with LFS, I used to spend many hours off-line learning the car, its limits, limits of each corner... and then I joined the race.

Yep, me too. That can be actually called problem with cargame (server but i will call it) way. You first have to perfect one combo (usually std on blackwood) to successfully drive all. That is "natural" way of learning lfs. And then when you already have some skill, cargame experience will improve you A LOT. 8)
But right now in lfs, cargame is super-populated and other servers suck. So people come to learn lfs here. And then, you get a problem with FBM/GT2 day when you don't have lower classes for beginners (ok, pros driving std also but you get my point) and you get noobs driving powerful vehicles. So its even a bigger challenge for everybody on server than usual multiclass crazy-house that we adore, and can replace legendary with frustration. But again, its only on weekends so its manageable.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:08 am Post 
Most of the times I see people making a mess of it with experience ratings over 200, 300...

This means they already have a respectable amount of LFS practice online. :-?

[ 14 posts ]