agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 26 posts ]
Offline troy
Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:42 pm Post 
I wanted to post something like this for a long time already but laziness got the best of me. So here it finally is:

How about changing some of the daily routines on cargame a bit every now and then? Just look at the STD day, it seems widely popular and people enjoy driving a single class for a change. How about doing the same thing with the other cars available on cargame, do a dedicated day for single class racing and switch the car class every week?

2nd one I'm not entirely sure how popular it would be but I think it could be a nice idea to make people appreciate a little longer races: "endurance" day once a month (yes, yes I stole the idea from CTRA sue me!), endurance doesn't mean 6h races of course, but double or triple the distance we usually do maybe. Meaning about 20-30 minute races that together with the multi class nature of cargame could make for some interesting racing when you start lapping cars 3 or 4 times instead of 1. You could even go crazy and add a forced pitstop every now and then.

While I'm already posting; How about making a longer "cool down" phase for tracks that got voted and driven on? According to the admins (sorry I can't remember who I talked to about this) it is 24 hours right now, maybe it is a good idea to make that more; 48 or even 72 hours so we don't get the same tracks on a daily basis.

Discuss! :P

Offline Rolly
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:02 pm Post 
like the idea of longer racing with pitstops... not sure what cars we would use. :thumb: (f)

Offline initial D AE86
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:16 pm Post 
Yeah pitstops during the race is fun. :thumb:

I like to play for whole week in the XRT, do not want to be sent to s1 :no:

Offline Frozeni
Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:54 pm Post 
Forced pitstops were quite nice. Back in the days when i was practising GT1 on AMG Motorsport servers.. they had ~10 minute races and forced pitstops. They added a nice tactical element to the game. But IMO it would only work for GT2's.

I don't see a point of adding cooldown to driven tracks, some tracks are more popular than others and if people want to drive them, its fine.

I'd like to see more FBM days, that is one of the most easiest openwheelers to handle anyways.. But again, i dont think people are all that skilled with every car there is, so i quess it's better to stick with the current system.

Offline Rolly
Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 pm Post 
so what cars do we have in mind apart from gt/fbm

Offline Frozeni
Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:06 am Post 
actually, MRT would be quite a nice change, since it isn't driven at all on S2 servers... maybe add some autocross track and have our own little carting event!

Offline OTone
Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:14 am Post 
STD event is very popular, so making another unique events would be a very nice add to the servers.

I already spoke to dave about making a MRT event but it would be in the OW server, not on S2 server. Should be cool.

About longer races with mandatory pitstop, I'm with you troy. Sounds like fun. Maybe on the FBM day? :thumb:

Offline BMW-gek
Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:37 am Post 
troy wrote:
2nd one I'm not entirely sure how popular it would be but I think it could be a nice idea to make people appreciate a little longer races: "endurance" day once a month

Rolly wrote:
like the idea of longer racing with pitstops... not sure what cars we would use.

Think the best day for this is sunday. :thumb:

Offline franky.s
Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:02 am Post 
we have std and fbm already. now we need tbo endu , double or triple laps.

tbo is exciting and needs some skill also to make tyres last so long. or if you want to change class just make poll to forums with link in server and people can vote. obviously remove tbo since it been done.

tracks i dont mind but doing westhill alot does getted boring . there is alot of open config at fern bay that alot people never try yet and miss out on a perfect track. even some no open config track some people dont race so often. more mix would be nice.

pitstop maybe can confuse some people but who knows. AMG did it so maybe :P

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:06 am Post 
troy wrote:
it is 24 hours right now,

It's 20 hours to be exact. (Was 16h some months ago).

troy wrote:
48 or even 72 hours so we don't get the same tracks on a daily basis.

The danger exists that no track will be available anymore. Sometimes people shift-X through the tracks at night and although the system looks at finished races it theoretically is possible to run out of combo's when that period is too long. Besides tracks like WE will be also less on and all these exceptions make my head confusing a bit :x ;).

I want to prioritize reversed combo's though at some point or force less driven tracks (like AS7 for example) to be active during really busy times.

troy wrote:
and switch the car class every week?

Don't want to do that. LFS community is based too much on knowing what to expect. Almost like women. Something different and there is immediately confusion. Really annoying from time to time.

That is no reason to do just nothing. I'm waiting on the official release of LFS 0.6c. There is better logging of IP addresses in this version and if I know an IP address I can determine the geographical location and guess the language a person is using. (Ideally I want -this- but Scawen can't do that right now it seems). A lot of people leave or are confused with how the current system is functioning, to get rid of confusion I need to let the communication of the system to function better.. For example you now have this;

Quote:
^3' . $onNCN_Uname . ' -^2 today it\'s ^3FBM day^2. Don\'t like it? Maybe try ^3cargame.nl S1^2?

Troy, today it's FBM day. Don't like it? Maybe try cargame.nl S1?

This simple line of text removes a lot of confusion but there are too many people which do not understand English, so I cannot further complicate days/cars whatever without communicating better. I want more languages for the basic stuff. Also people selecting cars which they can drive but need custom sets for it like UFB;

Quote:
It\'s only allowed to drive UFR with 45% air restriction, see !infos

All these things need translation.

So, I do want to change things but first this patch ( :[ ) and improvement in communication in different languages.

I am pro of a TBO+LX4 day btw. This should be on Monday. But, I need to get rid of the Airio bug first that no car is selectable anymore after FBM has been on :roll:

Or it gets 'fixed' by itself because only tomorrow and next weekend and then its over for 4 months :x

Offline Rolly
Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:56 am Post 
ok... turbo would be a good idea

Offline sermilan
Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:28 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
LFS community is based too much on knowing what to expect. Almost like women.

Hence we're all almost women? :o Tnx Dave! :P

I don't particularly like STD cars, but I like racing the same class. No "damn GT drivers" nor "stupid backmarkers" just racing.

UFB is fun to race too, not hard to handle and I'm for MRT too (although this one is a bit difficult for less experienced drivers).

Offline Frozeni
Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:30 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
UFB is fun to race too

Ah yeah, completely forgot about that fun lil' car :)

If we go deeper FJR would be quite awesome too, but sadly i doubt people can drive it safely.

We need to setup a vote :3

Offline Nick7
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:52 am Post 
FJR is kinda sucky due to needing clutch for gear changes.

Offline Litro
Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:13 am Post 
Just do redline :D

Offline Rolly
Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:35 am Post 
ok... tricycle racing it is then (blinfolded)

Offline Frozeni
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:06 pm Post 
Nick7 wrote:
FJR is kinda sucky due to needing clutch for gear changes.

You can lift for a moment and problem solved :P

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:44 pm Post 
No its really picky on the clutch, much worse then FBM.

Too bad because I like FJR myself :)

.. I also know how to fix it.. Just hit the clutch a bit longer but most cant do that with their controller :/

Offline Nick7
Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:54 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:
You can lift for a moment and problem solved :P

Doesn't always work with FJR (like you need in FBM, which is completely fine).
I had to setup clutch button on my wheel for FJR :[

Offline RaceFiets
Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:
Ah yeah, completely forgot about that fun lil' car

How could U forget my little "baby" ^^

Offline Frozeni
Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 am Post 
RaceFiets wrote:
How could U forget my little "baby" ^^

Sorry dear :3

AWWWW LOOK AT THE BABY :lief:

(sorry couldn't help it :P )

Offline OTone
Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:38 pm Post 
MRT <3

Offline Nicce
Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:05 pm Post 
uf1

(f) :lief: O:)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:37 pm Post 
*smashes head against wall*

Offline sermilan
Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:38 pm Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
*smashes head against wall*

Offline sermilan
Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:18 am Post 
STD evening is always very popular. How about STD server 24/7 but not just demo, but all the tracks, as in SaTurDay?
I think it could be popular enough to attract others who aren't regulars on CG.

[ 26 posts ]