agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]
Offline Lacko
Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 pm Post 
I think, it's really boring to drive everytime, everyday on the same tracks like bl1,bl11,fe3,ky2,we1,as3. I know, the track choosing is depends on the number of the votes. But c'mon there are so many nice original tracks or open track layouts. Is there any chance to remove this tracks for a little time?

Best regards: Lacko

Offline Ulmo
Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:54 pm Post 
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Offline Speedy J
Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:10 am Post 
Yeah.

Go to the room with people who care :devil:

Offline Ulmo
Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:27 pm Post 
:nah:

Offline Speedy J
Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:37 pm Post 
:wink:

Offline crim
Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:52 pm Post 
:o

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:14 am Post 
I'm sorry there are just not enough environments to create a good enough variation. Only Aston and Fern Bay are decent. Westhill, Blackwood and South City are a bit dominant but if I give priority to more Aston/Fern Bay then I get a topic with "too much Aston / Fern Bay" , so, never doing it right. The threshold for voted tracks currently is 21 hours. From experience I think that is a good value, I now added an extra hour to that making it 22 hours but I think I cannot expand it much further.

You can make very interesting complicated formulas but there is always a group of people which don't like 'the selection'.

Like I repeatedly said on lfsforum, LFS needs more tracks... Now finally we have heard that two new track environments are in development (sadly fictional but at least it's something).. We only need to wait to approx. 2017 before we can actually enjoy that according to the development speed of the last 5 years..

Offline sermilan
Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:16 am Post 
Dave, don't bother, there will always be people not with the choice of whatever.... it's simply that we are all different and no wonder at all that this discontent happens

Dave wrote:
two new track environments are in development (sadly fictional but at least it's something)..

Actually I am glad that they are fictional :) . Aston and Kyoto are way better than most of real tracks today. Spa and Suzuka are the only ones which are interesting.

Offline initial D AE86
Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:16 pm Post 
I would have suggested to wait until 2017 even a little longer :D

Offline pmw
Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:00 pm Post 
Now we are playing 7 races per track. It takes pretty much ~2 hours per track. So 12 different track variations per day, ok.
At cargame S2, there are +20 players umm, maybe 2-3 hours per day, on evening? Probably 0-15 players couple hours more.

So, it makes 2-3 track variations per day if you want to play with many people. On popular days, maybe even 5 tracks. OK, let's see. 5 tracks, KY2,AS3,AS4,WE1,KY2R... OK? OK.
So, we are racing on different tracks, fine.

I'm just saying, this is one of the biggest lfs public servers and mostly the only good one. Back in the days, when there was an automatic track changer, no vote, we used to race in EVERY(probably) track. We used to learn car control in many different tracks, even in the small ones, SO1, FE1, etc. If I check my lfsworld statistics, I've raced in EVERY track, mostly on cargame, couple years ago. My friend who started to play LFS _after_ vote system came, hasn't played even HALF of LFS's tracks. OK, yes, he can play those, just create own server and race alone, damn yeah.

I'm just saying, with automatic track cycler, we would learn much more racing and get new experiences of other track variations. We don't need new tracks, example FE1 is _TOTALLY_ different track as Fernbay Black. And 5 races per track was much better, it was really optimal.

I know Dave just ignores me and starts to talk about democracy, but just had to say this. I know Dave doesn't want to go back in anything, but hey, could we try to disable track vote even for a week?

For those who says that democracy is best solution:

Think about this: Some people just wants to vote for familiar track combos, because they can drive fine on those. Why? Because they haven't raced on another combos, why? Because there's always the same tracks! Sometimes forceing is good thing. If you force baby to crawl, baby will learn how to crawl..

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:37 pm Post 
I don't want to see 32/47 people multiclass on FE1, too much chaos, too much aggressiveness, too many reports, unsafe.

There is a night and a day cycle. EVERY track combo is in one or even in both cycles. If you always drive and/or see the same tracks it means you are exactly on the same time online. Now, thàts boring :wink:

I am willing to listen to suggestions but if the arguments are not valid then I just don't. It's quite some work to puzzle but if people keep whining about track combo's then I'm going to build a graph generator which shows what exactly is voted in a specific month.

Offline pmw
Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:58 pm Post 
You are so black&white that you could be Finn. It's ok, we'll just wait when you wake up to reality. Good night.

ps. no-one plays in night.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:06 pm Post 
It actually is night+morning (from ~22h00 until ~12h00 = medium/small tracks (Paris time)).

But day/night cycle talks easier.

pmw wrote:
we'll just wait when you wake up to reality.

Why me? I'm not making this sim. Again, you talk to the wrong person. (f)

[ 13 posts ]