agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]
Offline 5tag
Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:39 am Post 
mpr: http://www.cargame.nl/dl.php?id=426844
name: [RSP]M,tunç (ufoandaliens)
lap: 6
description: joins mid race, ignores yellow flag, careless track re-entry after maneuvering around said yellow-flag incident, ignoring blue flag (I'm behind him after that), drifting towards the inside of the corner exit thus spinning me out.

Thanks in advance, I love your servers!

Offline coppe
Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:41 pm Post 
hi 5tag,

I hope you don't mind me commenting on what I saw in the replay since I am in no administrative position here.
First off, the situation looks indeed like reckless driving. I can understand your anger. But please consider the following facts:
1. ufoandaliens did not ignore any yellow flag because there simply wasn't shown one referring to what I've seen in the replay (neither for him nor you)
2. ufoandaliens did not get blue flagged until his final drift just one second before you two got together
3. yes, ufoandaliens could and should have driven much more careful and even anticipatory; his style of driving really did not look good at all
4. you could have also anticipated bad things to come when you noticed him coming back from the kerb on your right just before the corner
5. ufoandaliens finally "met" you because he himself got into trouble getting on the grass before the contact leading into the drift towards the inside of the corner
6. words like "Are you f****** kidding me?!" don't really contribute to a good arrangement between the involved parties, and...
7. ...neither do replies like "f**** you" by ufoandaliens (even though with a finishing smile if that's worth anything saying something like this)
8. I do not think ufoandaliens was hotlapping rather than fixing a set resulting in forced maximum corner speed - which he undoubtably got carried away with a "little" bit

It's gonna be a hard decision which I fortunately won't have to make. :wink:
But I can hear my guts saying "in dubio pro reo."
Even though I have not seen ufoandaliens do crazy things like that before, and I dont want to praise him prematurely I can tell you that I've had lots of real tough races with him in the last days where he always showed off as a very fair sportsman avoiding any major contact. Maybe a distinct warning would be enough reminding him to switch back to normal and fair racing. It's off to CG. Good luck! :dag:

Offline 5tag
Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:40 pm Post 
Hello coppe,

actually I do mind you commenting on that. You seem to try and pull things out of perspective, look for every little bit that could make him seem innocent. I don't know what your intentions are and I'm glad you have only had good experiences racing with him. However let's say he gets a 7 day ban: It's not the end of the world.
And after reading your 'facts' I'm even more convinced that "ufoandaliens" deserves punishment, so please consider the following answers:

1. The yellow flag is a symbol. He could clearly see there was an accident ahead and someone backed up onto the middle of the track without checking. This is a situation where you want to avoid havoc, brake/let off the trottle pedal and move around the car that caused the yellow flag. We both saw "jonlywen" (RU-elixir) spun out but "ufoandaliens" decided to keep his 'pace' and overtake me. That is wrong in itself, even more so when he's overtaking a car that is 5(five!) laps ahead.
2. Again, the blue flag is symbolic. You never get blue-flagged until the car is behind you. Still it is not allowed to overtake a car 1 or more laps ahead of you unless that driver is considerably slower! I wasn't considerably slower than him overall but happened to drift onto the grass partially before the incident. He is only allowed to overtake me if he can make sure I'm not forced to slow down/change my line because of him.
If he wasn't aware of me being five laps ahead, it is his fault for not checking the coloured arrows on the minimap, additionally the incident happened within half a lap after he left the pits!
If he was aware of me being five laps ahead, then he just drove recklessly.
4. I could have, but I chose not to. It is his responsibility to leave me alone! If he decides to ignore the rules I don't see why I myself should bow down. I don't have to pay a damaged FZ2 and I won't break my legs crashing in LfS, so I will always assume someone is going to do the right thing in public LfS (because I'm optimistic like that) until I get proven wrong - in which case I may file a report.
6. I know they're not helping but I had to get it off my chest. After I spun out I waited in disbelief of what happened. He could have spectated as a gesture. He could at the very least have said "sorry!" to me.
Instead he continued driving and what you read there was my comment after waiting for any sort of response by him.
8. Not to sound harsh but I don't really care what he was doing or what you think he was doing. I saw him ran me over like a train and that's that. On top of that testing a setup would not vindicate his behaviour, it would prove him even more guilty. Also if you are so keen to consider the chat valuable for this incident notice how he had the nerve to tell me "no race" after I mentioned which rules he broke and that I demand him banned.

coppe wrote:
It's gonna be a hard decision which I fortunately won't have to make.

I'm glad for that as well.

coppe wrote:
But I can hear my guts saying "in dubio pro reo."

That quote is wise, but I don't see the doubt in this particular case.

@cargame.nl

Can I still expect any action from you? Or is the fact that none of your staff replied to this topic an answer in itself? This question is not loaded, I'm just not really active on this forum so I'm not sure how things are handled usually.

Offline coppe
Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:14 pm Post 
Hi 5tag,

I will not explain my motivation to you. Just a few last words from my side:

Quote:
Not to sound harsh ...

You don't.

Long story short, I keep my mouth shut since I don't care anymore either. Let us lean back and wait what happens. If anything happens at all...
C'ya around on track having fun. :dag:

Offline BMW-gek
Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:23 pm Post 
Well the whole situation is that he can't control a FX2. Argue about the blue flag is not even the important case. He's aware off his position and that he is going to be lapped. He just had to back off.

I lower his safety rating to TBO class.

Offline Speedy J
Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:27 pm Post 
5tag wrote:
Can I still expect any action from you? Or is the fact that none of your staff replied to this topic an answer in itself? This question is not loaded, I'm just not really active on this forum so I'm not sure how things are handled usually.

Agreed, took too long for one of the admins to react to your report. I am sorry for that. Most of us are currently kinda busy with other things than racing. Unfortunately, I must say :(

Anyway you report is in place. His re-entering and disrespect for you being in race is not okay. Although I think it was mostly careless driving, not being an idiot on purpose or willing to deliberately disturbing your race.

I did not get other complaints -yet- about his driving. I will put his attention on this report, make him respond here.

The comment "Fuck you" that he gave you, I don't want to see that again.

For coppe: thanks for responding. Maybe you guys have different opinions, but sharing thoughts is never a bad thing. (f) And keep in mind: the day people stop caring, will be the day the world will stop turning.

Offline BMW-gek
Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:28 pm Post 
+1 Speedy

Offline Speedy J
Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:48 pm Post 
Lol, at last we respond at the same time :D :lief:

Offline initial D AE86
Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:34 pm Post 
:hug:

Offline 5tag
Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:45 pm Post 
Holy moly, so many responses all of a sudden. Didn't want to discomfort you guys. :]

BMW-gek wrote:
I lower his safety rating to TBO class.

Thank you!

Speedy J wrote:
Agreed, took too long for one of the admins to react to your report. I am sorry for that.

Thank you too and no need to apologise to me. It might just be weird for "ufoandaliens" to be punished for something that happened almost a month ago. But rather now than never. ;D

Speedy J wrote:
I will put his attention on this report, make him respond here.

He doesn't have to post here or anything. Everyone can have a bad day once in a while, that doesn't make him owe me an apology. I just wanted a small consequence to his actions and that has happened now, so all is well.

Cheers

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:04 pm Post 
Hmm simply didn't spot this topic before! 7th of October.. Yeah, I see what I did there. I was dead that day and the rest of the week :fp: :oops:

[ 11 posts ]