agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]
Offline langtall
Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:31 pm Post 
mpr: http://www.cargame.nl/dl.php?id=349746
name: S-R Constantin P (costash)
lap: 6 6:20
description: Bangs himself past me, I know I was wide, but contact was not necessary IMHO

Spoke to him after the race, claims 'he was in a trance' and 'he was to fast for me to check my mirrors'

Offline kiyoshi
Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:02 am Post 
We don't want people banging themselves during a race...
Think this is wrong replay? Maybe the one before.

Offline kiyoshi
Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:36 am Post 
I'll not comment on the incident, apart from the fact that it doesn't look deliberate.
If you want to take something positive away from this, I'd recommend you look at his line and his speed though that corner, and compare them to your own. :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:17 am Post 
Romelets [Romel Cheschini] need to stop crashing people after the race. Only thing I can see quickly in this replay.

Offline Speedy J
Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:26 am Post 
Constantin came back in the server some time ago after a 120 day ban. I have been watching him and he is generally a good racer. Although he sometimes tries to provoke me now by chatmessages, I think his racing behavior is rather okay.

But if his arrogance comes back we will have to keep an eye on him, that's my opinion :wink:

Offline langtall
Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:32 am Post 
Euh yes, it should be the one before. http://www.cargame.nl/dl.php?id=349745 .

@kiyoshi, Yes, I know he is way faster then I am, but is that a reason to blast past me like I'm not there, and only joke about it after the race? That is what I dislike the most about this.

Offline rageshgr
Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:58 am Post 
But atleast he apologised straight away after race. A small silver lining to the cloud :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:54 pm Post 
Besides, you have much lag langtall... Clearly shown with that after race crashing of Romelets. That shouldn't happen with XS4ALL from the Netherlands. You are downloading while racing?

Crashes and little paint exchanging incidents are much bigger with lag. Maybe also the problem with your other report.

Offline langtall
Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:31 pm Post 
Nope, no downloads going on whatsoever. Only have a teamspeak connection besides LFS while racing, might be my son watching youtube movies on his computer? I think I'll priorize my pc in the modem, and see what happens...

Offline kiyoshi
Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:46 pm Post 
My point was that you were very slow there & he probably wasn't expecting you to be that much slower, and also take the line that you did, which cuts across the 'normal' exit. You could improve your speed by watching his line there. 3rd gear, turn in & apex a bit earlier, & use wider exit. There is usually more space on the exit than you expect on that corner. :)

While the crash was bad for you, I watched the rest of his race & he raced & passed slower cars very cleanly & fairly - and always seemed to try to avoid a crash, even if it meant him losing time. If only everybody would drive this way...
It would have been nice to get a 'sorry' from him, because then you feel a bit more like it's accidental. Silence makes you think otherwise. Watching from his point of view, because your lines were so different, maybe he decided it was more your fault.

Offline rageshgr
Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:55 pm Post 
kiyoshi wrote:
It would have been nice to get a 'sorry' from him

He did, albeit after the race, but he did apologise

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:21 am Post 
langtall wrote:
might be my son watching youtube movies on his computer?

Youtube?

I don't know how old he is but maybe some other things are going on. It looks like torrenting anyway.

Youtube/webbrowsing doesn't hurt, it's only one connection and primarily low speed download.

Torrenting however involves hundreds of connections to different locations and when badly configured uses up the complete downloadstream. Or even worse, the much narrower upstream. Resulting in an overall loss of Internet enjoyment.

[ 12 posts ]