agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Offline JackCY
Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:02 pm Post 
Ok so the server is really getting worse and worse.

Here we go, revenge wrecking.

15:55 CET, S2, F25, me as "Captain slow" in XRG vs "I'm noob" (I think in white text, there is also another one with gray text, so beware) LFS username T something, tiel... something like that, disconnected later so I can't look it up. I think it starts with T, if not than it's the other "I'm noob" in XFG.

At first he goes slow in the chicane, so at the very exit while I go fast I try to avoid the XFG and go as far to the left side as possible, but he blocks it anyway, with the lag he had 250ms+ he just jumped around the track, then complained to me and so on. Stayed on track anyway, and unnecessarily spectated later.

In my lap 4 XFG waited after U turn to rejoin the same position on front of me and in lap 5 XFG tried to revenge wreck me by blocking me in the chicane instead of letting me pass under blue flag. XFG slowed down unbelievable right in front of me just as we enter the chicane.

I mean come on, race speed in that chicane is 150km/h, doable speed for anyone including me is 140-145km/h.

That of curse resulted in another contacts with said XFG because I can't expect people will drive dumb like this and brake heavily on front of other cars.

Neither do I understand why do you keep people with pings over 200ms on the server, that is unplayable and only causes collisions and not of the small kind, the ones where cars fly around at high speeds.

Enjoy.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:15 pm Post 
I suggest that you do something else, too much negativity. It annoys me.

It's four years like this, not going to change anything.

JackCY wrote:
Neither do I understand why do you keep people with pings over 200ms on the server, that is unplayable and

You are a bit behind, earlier this year;
https://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=82243

I hate to repeat myself.

Offline pmw
Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:28 pm Post 
Track vote -system is making people negative/angry, get rid of it. :honger:

Offline JackCY
Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:47 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
I suggest that you do something else, too much negativity. It annoys me.

So how are we supposed to report an incident?
In a way that it is not annoying to you?
Maybe if there was a report button in the GUI then it would be a little easier.
Popup for a short message and that's it, rest gets saved/linked automatically.

For some it's ok but for others it is not?

Thanks for the link. Still it seems unresolved and people with 400ms+are not rare sometimes, jumping around the track, yet nobody tells them or force specs them.

From my experience with gaming, anything over 100ms is unplayable and causes issues. Maybe not so serious in racing games but it still shows when their ping is unstable, then they jump around.

Yeah automatic system is not so easy to make for this. Still, paying attention to it once in a while and people will learn to watch their ping or being spectated or kicked due to it.

Quote:
Track vote -system is making people negative/angry, get rid of it.

What does that have to do with it?

I think the voting system is good. Sometimes it repeats a little too much but the way it is it works well.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:44 pm Post 
JackCY wrote:
Maybe if there was a report button in the GUI then it would be a little easier.

Thats exactly why there is not such a feature. Biggest mistake of CTRA. Other then that they thought they could fully control 10.000+ racers. I tell you it's not possible. 80%+ of the time it goes quite well and thats an excellent score. You want more, go to Iracing or something (and get ripped off). It's not my goal to completely manage all this shizzle anyway.. It's nice to have some control over servers where people generally enjoying themselves and try to do something nice my/ourselves and even join a race from time to time but it's not some kind of obsession. I'm not 25 anymore, there are more important things then a LFS server.

And this is also no school. With all this reporting I get the feeling "look teacher Dave, look what he did to me! Punish him!" .. No most of the time problems can be fixed with talking to -each other-.

pmw wrote:
making people negative/angry,

7.500 racers joined CG the last three months. I see only the same names complaining all the time. It's not "the people" it are specific individuals.

JackCY wrote:
anything over 100ms is unplayable and causes issues.

Talk to Scawen, I would already done something about it if I was game developer. It was possible with COD2. Automove players to a different server, check jitter (jitter is more important then ping, something what Teamspeak does for example is absolutely great) etcetc.

But we get a 3D patch. Also nice. :fp:

I'm not going to exclude L-A at the moment. LFS is dying and it would be the cherry on the cake. (I do things like this though; post84875.html )

Offline JackCY
Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:19 pm Post 
I made suggestions for improvement on LFSforum before, I guess Scawen gets quite a "beat up" there for these useful features but it seems mostly ignored to be honest.

Yes the volume to monitor is huge. I did race on CTRA, don't remember many problems only that it was quite sophisticated system with a website stats and all.

What bothers me though while racing here is that some people act like pigs behind a wheel, it's ok that a collision occurs because it is an accident, but when people plan and do it on purpose? Nope, that's not ok.

I don't like to come here and report but when others do the same or threaten to report every time anybody makes a contact with their car, it sometimes makes sense to come here and report at least the most obvious collisions made on purpose.

Although this decline in racer quality is not only on cargame it is in leagues too.
For various reasons.

You guys do a great job running servers so others can play.

Thanks

[ 6 posts ]