agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 2  [ 59 posts ]
Offline Nick7
Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:01 am Post 
Any chance to add some tires on inside (left side) of chicane after oval?
It does seem a bit too much abused - some folks with FX2 even manage to go thru it full throttle by going well over bumps - however faster you go less chance of damage.
Does seem like a bit of abuse of track.. so making people go 'proper' way could help O:)

Offline jjjeeefff
Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:18 am Post 
Nick7 wrote:
Any chance to add some tires on inside (left side) of chicane after oval?
It does seem a bit too much abused - some folks with FX2 even manage to go thru it full throttle by going well over bumps - however faster you go less chance of damage.
Does seem like a bit of abuse of track.. so making people go 'proper' way could help O:)

I prefer to leave it like that to be honest 8) .
I think this is one of the coolest and fastest corners of LFS actually... In gtr cars anyways.

:dag:

Offline dadoml
Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:53 am Post 
No leave it like that

Offline fadeaway
Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:15 am Post 
Hmm somebody was reading my chat last night. :) Yeah, i came up with conclusion that you get less damage if you go very fast over bumps but only with left wheels.. Anyway, everybody is cutting over bumps on their own risk. I don't think layout will change in any case, i already hear Dave saying: "If i change it, it won't be possible to do wr so.. gtfo" O:)

Offline Litro
Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:48 pm Post 
fadeaway wrote:
"If i change it, it won't be possible to do wr so.. gtfo"

True.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:04 pm Post 
O:)

Offline Nicce
Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:11 pm Post 
fadeaway wrote:
"If i change it, it won't be possible to do wr so.. gtfo" O:)

not like it is if U fady make it.. :P

but leave it really. :coke:

Offline Skagen
Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:40 pm Post 
multiclass-server-s2/layout-changes-to-ky3-ky3r-t88.html

Offline sermilan
Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:03 pm Post 
fadeaway wrote:
Hmm somebody was reading my chat last night. :)

My first thought when I saw OP.... :nono:
@Nick7 - just do the same as Fade does there................ and you'll get a wr too :beer:

Offline Nick7
Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:22 pm Post 
It's not about WR or not... just does seem like an 'cheat', IMO 8)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:49 pm Post 
Pro's find the limits, newbs are slower.

Whats next... Building walls @FE chicanes?

My philosophy is not to mess around with cars or track defaults.

Here;
scawen@lfs.net

Good luck :D :x

Offline kiyoshi
Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:09 pm Post 
It is, strictly speaking, a cheat. Same as anywhere on track where you drive with all 4 wheels beyond the white line/painted kerbs, but I suppose any 'restriction' should already exist on the track, as eventually people will cut where they can gain. The bumps there clearly don't cause enough damage. :)

Offline franky.s
Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:23 am Post 
no cheating, taking advantage of track limits 8)

Offline MorX
Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:02 pm Post 
So what does "cheat" on that chicane means?

let me get it straight:

I can cut through that, on high speed.
He/she .. anyone else can do that...
YOU can cut through that, on high speed too....

oh you cant ??
Solution: demand a restriction

The track is the same for all, what does take advantage of mean... seriously?
All people can take advantage of that, consider figuring out on how to do that instead of "blocking" some peoples' ability achieving it.

Cheat ... my ass!!

Offline pringles
Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:47 pm Post 
And yet people don't drive straight through the penultimate-corner chicane, which could also be cut by everyone no probs.

Offline Nick7
Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:04 pm Post 
MorX wrote:
Cheat ... my ass!!

If you can go over 3 speed bumps with 0 damage, and leave with both wheels track to cut, then yes.. I see it as a cheat.

Offline Skagen
Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:04 pm Post 
kiyoshi wrote:
The bumps there clearly don't cause enough damage. :)

The biggest problem is with sampling error. LFS will move the car tiny bit and calculate where the wheels are touching the ground at a given rate, say 100 times a second (or 60 if it is locked to FPS with Vsync - not sure of the rate). As speed increases, there will also be a increase in distance between each sampling point. That is, each location where LFS is calculating contact between the tyres and the ground surface. If you go fast enough, objects such as the bumps can get inbetween sampling points and "miss" the tyres despite driving right over it. So the KY3 chicane is down to luck. Sometimes sampling error will ensure the tyres never touches the bumps when you drive right over them. Other times the tyres are sampled spot on the bump, creating so severe forces that the car leaps into the air with shattered suspension.

One solution is off course doing more calculation of what is ahead of the wheels. But there current physics in LFS is from a few years ago when processing time was more limited. I'm hoping the new tyre physics will also bring better contact detection so that the effect of sampling error is reduced.

Offline MorX
Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:25 pm Post 
Nick7 wrote:
If you can go over 3 speed bumps with 0 damage, and leave with both wheels track to cut, then yes.. I see it as a cheat.

A "feature" that everyone can use without any modification is not a cheat.

You can cut that part too IF you want. Everyone CAN do that.

If you cant, i see... you name it a cheat!

Offline Skagen
Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:16 pm Post 
I agree with MorX. There is no doubt it is a exploit of the shortcommings of the simulator, but not a cheat when everyone can exploit it by doing nothing more than turning into the chicane a bit too soon.

Edit: But it doesn't mean I don't think it is a issue that should be adressed (like I wrote in my earlier post in this topic).

Offline Nick7
Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:21 pm Post 
You're right Skagen. It's not a cheat but exploit. :yes:
Guess I did use wrong word.
But, as being an exploit.. same applies what I meant :wink:

Edit: Oh.. and yes, a shortcoming of simulator. It should calculate volume between 2 sampling points between objects, and if there's intersection between. This would also cause more proper calculations for when you touch/crash into something, as well as speed bumps.
Similar is if you'd in FPS calculate bullet position only for where it is: if in one sample rate it is infront of enemy, and in 2nd behind it - it would just pass through (as LFS calculates) - instead you need to check for intersection for that object if it exists. Collision detection in games is also one of more important things 8)

Offline MorX
Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:26 pm Post 
Being such an easy exploit, instead of whine about that, you can simply do what most racers do.
Cut that corner!

Do it better, do it worse, give it a try... it's challenging to overcome those bumps without slowing down compared to the regular way...

all racers can do that, it's so common and easy!

I would recommend for a "fix" on that with some tires or bales if it was a kind of exploit that requires some other kind of effort... (hack, settings etc...).... but as skagen said, it's so simple as you just need to begin the turn trajectory a bit earlier and align your car to make a straight line crossing that chicane, so the forces will be balanced to all 4 wheels and you wont lose grip sideways.

The fact is that it should be invalidating the lap you do but who cares... IT'S A RISK to do that!
Try your chances ! :D

Offline Nicce
Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:00 pm Post 
5/10 times i cut that corner flatout in fz2 i get "off path" msg in chatt due to cutting.
3/10 times i smash my suspsbars so bad i cant drive or fly off the track resulting hitting someone = i has to listen to that complaining etc etc or i just spinoff and spec etc...
Rest i MABY get valid lap.

Tho i can name few other spots on ky3/3r that gives the same msg even that thoes places IS on track without cutting somewhere.

but annyway to the subject: i take that corner THE same way i take it in hotlapping mode cause i know that everytime its gonna get valid if not lagg is playing a trick on me ofc. ;)

my suggestion: clear the times for ky3/3r and use the famous: booty-lyt in that turn = slower times, more challenge to acctualy get a fast wr for all classes + u cant cut it even if u want to. tho i belive Dave wont give a single thought to do this cause i know/he knows and all cargames regulars will nagg about this change so this wont happen. :)

or leave it take it up with scawen when he decides to resurface from the underground house he lives in and he MIGHT change it when now s3 comes in 10years or so.

cargame.nl wrote:
Pro's find the limits,

true words. :thumb:

Offline Skagen
Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:45 pm Post 
I have the idea that certain types of suspension setups are less likely to strike the bumps so hard that you loose control. Also, if your car is allowed to sway more in the turns, it can lift the left tyres higher in the chicane, reducing the chances of a hard strike againt the bump. I'm thinking that low bump and high rebound will allow the tyre (or rather the suspension) to compress quickly as you hit the first initial curb, and stay compressed for just long enough to clear the bumps.

But I'd guess the setup would be so terrible to drive that going nearly flat out in the chicane won't make up all the lost time elsewhere due to too soft suspension. Who knows, maybe a little softer and more overdamped is the best compromise? :)

Offline MorX
Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:50 pm Post 
Skagen, let's make a test server full of bumps, ramps, tires and shit to test some "penetrate" techniques .... :lol:

Offline sermilan
Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:57 am Post 
@ Nicce - agree with you there. It is very hard to get that chicane well, being flat out, without messing up the lap or suspension.

Maybe booty chicane layout could be introduced as a separate track to choose? Dave said he won't change anything on KY3 default, so this could perhaps be interesting?

Offline Ulmo
Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:40 am Post 
i didnt see any chicane on ky3 O:)

Offline Speedy J
Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:52 pm Post 
KY3 sucks anyway. Let's skip that track (and the reverse one also of course)!!! :woop: :woop: :woop:

Offline Nick7
Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:50 pm Post 
/slap Speedy (f)

Offline MorX
Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:29 pm Post 
newb speedy!!

Gay hugs n kisses to you!

Offline Nicce
Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:17 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
KY3 sucks anyway. Let's skip that track (and the reverse one also of course)!!!

cargame.nl wrote:
newbs are slower.

O:) O:)

Offline MorX
Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:37 pm Post 
SpeedyFail !! :lol: :hug:

Offline Speedy J
Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:57 pm Post 
Okay.

You both are banned.

Offline MorX
Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:26 pm Post 
Ban mi for no reason.... jajajajajaja nab naaab !!! :duh:

Offline Nicce
Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:42 pm Post 
YES FINALY.. !!! :dag: :dag: :hug:

Offline OTone
Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:51 pm Post 
Morx banned? Impossible :lol:

Offline MorX
Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:00 pm Post 
Ronus wrote:
Morx banned? Impossible :lol:

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

multiple facepalm !!!! xD

Offline OTone
Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:05 pm Post 
I must say, I dont know how you can still join S2 server at least. :lol:
Well I know you are a kid, at least regarding your childish way of communication at the server. So its understandable. Probably because of this you still can join CG servers.
Come back when you make 18. Maybe your grey matter got more mature by then. If you are older than 18. Well, thats bad news for you.

Offline franky.s
Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:17 pm Post 
ronus, gtfo plz

Offline OTone
Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:38 pm Post 
u still mad? oh noes :(
You are just a MorX wannabe, and you are doing good actually. lol

Offline MorX
Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 pm Post 
Thanks for expressing yourself, opening your heart up to me Ronus.

I do feel like, lets say, 14 years old, I do act like being less than that, but I appreciate the people who try to have a spherical (complete in other words) opinion about me. Those people will get to know me a little better.
That "little" better, is the difference that makes me say "HEY FRANK, TELL YOUR MAMA TO BAKE ME COOKIES" and he replies with "YOUR'S DOES A LOT MORE THAN THAT" without any misunderstanding ! ;)

I'm 25 years old and i know pretty well how to act like normal or being the crazy ass, if you think you know me better, you might be telepathic with the only person that raised me in this world leaving me to figure out what to do 100% alone at the age you mentioned above (18).

We had a discussion in here between serious and fun, no need to start some flame.

As franky said, gtfo plz :thumb:

Offline OTone
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:00 pm Post 
Im not interested to know your personal life. I didn't asked you to make such thing. Also, that doesn't explain anything about your way of talk to me and to a few other people at CG servers.

I'm just showing, again, some facts about your childish way of communication at CG. Its not flaming, you see that as a flame because its true. If you cant handle it, its not my problem. :wink:

Maybe you are 25, but to be honest, insulting people like you did with michelle (UFB = U failed bitch, shut up bitch) or when you rammed me off the track few months ago and you said "go ahead".

Lying is an human characteristic, nobody can run away from a little lie, or a big one. A good example: reports-f8/morx-report-t5316.html

So yeah you are pretty much right when you say you do act being less than that.

Me? getting out? I dont think so. I just like to show some facts about people being childish, like you, and franky.

Offline MorX
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:10 pm Post 
Dear Ronus, I'm sorry for being so loose-tonqued.

I do realize now that my excessive swearing in-game hurts your feelings so please, accept my sincere apologies.
I didn't want to be rude or act like a mean selfish but ...............

PLEASE, DON'T BUST MY BALLS!!

Thanks in advance!

Offline OTone
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:15 pm Post 
LOL :lol:

You replied, so you cared :coffee:

I did showed the report just to make sure everyone can see what you can do. Thats all :wink:

Offline initial D AE86
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 pm Post 
peace , quiet :roll:

guys :fp:

Offline OTone
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:19 pm Post 
I just spotted a dude who cant handle the truth. And a dude who is 25, wow. WOW :fp: I found this very funny, MorX has 2 personalities. One he is speaking, lets say, politely, and then in a few minutes time, his mind changes completely. :roll:

Offline Nick7
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:21 pm Post 
Er.. back on topic.. KY3 chicane!!! :honger:

Offline OTone
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 pm Post 
Nick7, I have to disagree with you.

In a 20+ drivers race perspective, if you put a tyre wall at the left side, the racing line will be dramatically shortened and that will be more likely to have crashes. Specially with XFR's and UFR's..
I see what your point is. :thumb: But in my view is not worth it

Offline initial D AE86
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:28 pm Post 
I would not change anything in ky3 and in the chicane also :wink:

PS:ky3 it's ok, I love to on this map XRT :coffee:

Offline MorX
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:30 pm Post 
Ronus, for first time and only, my polite personality kindly asks you to stop messing around with me, unless I'm addressing the speech to you. Ignore me while I ignore you. Can you cooperate with that?

Offline OTone
Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:33 pm Post 
*pressed the "block messages" button*

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next