agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]
Offline Stan
Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:13 am Post 
Hi
Have you changed anything on the time the Blue Flag will show up?
Some off us get in trouble with slower cars like lx4 and the race cars tonight! Because the Blue Flag came up in front of an chicane and after ~50m later the race cars passes us if everybody had much luck! But most of the time we had no chance for reaction and anybody crashes into anybody! :huh:
Yesterday in one race Blue Flag didn't came on an faster driver in an racecar who wants passing me. But I decided to stay in front of the corner in my line and let him pass after the corner not before if the Blue Flag shows up! :roll: He has driven the complete laps when he passes me he had 1 lap more!

Hope you could understand what I mean, worse english sorry!

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:50 am Post 
I understand you but the timing of yellow and blue flag messages cannot be customized in any way. I also doubt that this timing suddenly changed in the new patch (I don't see any reason why Scawen touched that bit of code). If more people think this is different then before I could make a point though.

It also depends on open layout or old fashion tracks. I'm not sure but I think blue flags react slower on open layout tracks.

Offline pringles
Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am Post 
Keep an eye on the track map and anticipate when the faster car will catch you, and you won't even need flags. I suppose it's awkward for people who hide the UI (but why do that on a jam-packed multiclass server..). It's possible to show a blue flag before LFS does, with InSim, path nodes and co-ordinate math, but I don't know how practical that would be.

Offline Speedy J
Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:10 pm Post 
What is UI?

Offline eXeYn
Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 pm Post 
User Interface

Press shift-f and everything except chat becomes hidden. Press it again to display everything. But in the options menu enable flags being shown while in shift-f mode.

Offline Speedy J
Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:28 pm Post 
Ah okay thank you!

Offline Stan
Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:33 pm Post 
pringles wrote:

Yes I often watch on the map but not all the time. I have sometimes the chat in front of the map if people write much or getting good times! When I had the map on the right side of the screen the lap and times are so close to it.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:44 pm Post 
pringles wrote:
with InSim, path nodes and co-ordinate math, but I don't know how practical that would be.

Well, not practical... Open layout has no nodes.

Besides, people just need to pay attention whats going on around them and indeed check minimap. Once you've been taken over by the leader you know there is more coming.

And then there always is a mirror or Ainio with radar panel for people in follow view.

Offline kiyoshi
Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:19 pm Post 
Even better, the cars which are passing could anticipate when they can pass safely, since they have about 10x more screen area to view the situation. Also they are hopefully already looking in the right direction & not having to try & negotiate a corner/chicane while having to look in their mirrors & try & judge what a car which just appeared there is about to do.
It's usually unrealistic to expect to be able to pass a slower car in a chicane or similar with the usual race speed & with the usual race line.
:)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:39 am Post 
So far the theory. In practice almost everybody on the track don't know how to drive a car properly, let alone, race.. :roll:

'Bout time to change to cruise mode.

So.... Now.. Who wants to be towtruck driver?

Offline Frozeni
Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:44 am Post 
cargame.nl wrote:
So.... Now.. Who wants to be towtruck driver?

Pick me, pick me!! :woop:

Offline porez
Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:00 am Post 
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline OTone
Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:46 am Post 
lol nice

[ 13 posts ]