agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 17 posts ]
Offline Soeren
Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:44 pm Post 
Hi there,

I just wanted to tell, that I am still alive. Well, LFS on the other side seems to be quite ...'dead'?
So question: is still anybody out there?

Soeren

Offline Frozeni
Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:56 am Post 
Hey o/

Haven't been playing much LFS lately, but i try to check the forums every now and then :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:03 pm Post 
Hi Soeren :thumb:

Soeren wrote:
is still anybody out there?

Yes, there is. But I don't support people which do stupid stuff.. Like Scawen does..

I got pretty pissed off some months ago about this VR worshipping which has become a complete bubble of air as I expected two years ago when it first started to hype. I got ridiculized on LFSforum by having strong argumentation against it, even today it's being worshipped by a selective group of people.. Including Scawen. Worst of all, he tried to pursuate me as well into trying that shit.

After I said I would set some LFS t-shirts on fire on Youtube with a middle finger if one more VR patch comes out (*and I will do that. My words rarely are empty words.) [....] I got banned. Which was OK, I was done with this total nonsense to begin with.

So yes, we can conclude LFS is dead and to be honest I don't see it come back alive anymore, ever. It's just waiting until some other game/sim developer picks up the golden formula and we can all move there. Finally. Would be awesome. In the meantime I try to focus on real life, which is quite scary. :nah: :wink:

Offline Frozeni
Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:30 pm Post 
The VR is definitely interesting, but i agree on with you that there is no point trying to make over a decade old game work on VR suddenly, those should be built from the ground up with that in mind.

Besides, first we would need even stronger hardware and more higher resolution devices for them to work at high fps and still give a clear picture.. its on the pipeline but i would give it another 2-4 years atleast.

But hey, atleast they fixed the replays so they're a bit smoother now <3

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:59 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:
The VR is definitely interesting,

It's not.. Instead of kids staring at a phone you get people/kids sitting like this;

All day. Every day. Then de-socialization is complete.

Imagine that phones/batteries get so powerful that VR can get fully mobile? Then you have walking zombies around town walking in their own ideal fake world 24/7 (maybe chasing fake "animals" for worthless points of life). Completely idiotic but a very realistic future :/

You never going to promote that fake shit to me. It's a shame it already got this far with all these so called social apps. :nothanks: .. I am a digital communication guy and nerd but even for me this crosses many lines.

But this is an ideal situation for Facebook, Google etc.. They can display adds, commercial fake buildings, commercial tools .. anything can be commercialized.. There was this game, Second Life. It's coming back. But worse.

Offline Speedy J
Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:51 pm Post 
Hello :woop:

Offline Frozeni
Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:35 am Post 
Whats up Speedy? :woop: :woop: :woop:

Offline Speedy J
Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:59 am Post 
Hello :D

Life still goes on but must say, miss the racing hours..

Offline Frozeni
Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:18 am Post 
Yeah, good times :thumb:

Offline CastielSWE
Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm Post 
aw man... too bad i missed all this server for 2 years.. shit. recently i have plug in my Ps4 to my computer and ready to put gas on floor on LFS then i go to online but there no cargame nl servers, god i will miss you oh well there other racing game i can enjoy if possible.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:45 pm Post 
Blackwood update comming;
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90424- ... -Blackwood

Not that I am very impressed. But,

Offline Frozeni
Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:56 pm Post 
Yes, it's better than nothing :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:52 pm Post 
Demo server is online :x

Offline initial D AE86
Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:06 pm Post 
Even forum operates :cheer:
freshly today see in my list of alerts of life(LFSW)
Immediately have a smile on his face when see CG in server list , the path download terribly annoying, Faster Faster, Faster fuck :lol: and installed.. nah :D too many paths :D

PS:I played four days in this a week in! B2R Rotate TBO , still love for xrt :lief:

Speedy J wrote:
Hello :woop:

Hey speedy nice see u :D :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :cheer:
16 days late, but nice see u all
PS:I did not expect That something will be resumed , beer for Dave :beer:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:53 pm Post 
:thumb:

Offline ziomm
Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:05 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
After I said I would set some LFS t-shirts on fire on Youtube with a middle finger if one more VR patch comes out (*and I will do that. My words rarely are empty words.) [....] I got banned. Which was OK, I was done with this total nonsense to begin with.

This is the most gangsta LFS-related shit I ever heard :lol: 8)

The new BL sure does look nicer, but I liked the flow of the previous iteration a lot more, especially the old kerbs. I hope there will be no 'rockinghamization' of the upcoming tracks, as RO is more boring than the most boring track was boring, but I saw it coming after test driving on it in rFactor...

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:37 am Post 
ziomm wrote:
This is the most gangsta LFS-related shit I ever heard

I was and I am serious about it. This whole VR blabla started to get on my nerves, it's not how I would like the see the world going in their journey to complete de-socialization. No screens planted in front of peoples eyes. It's bad, it's evil. :nah: :wink:

Luckily the people are not buying it, trust in humanity is restored.. A bit...

[ 17 posts ]