agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 2  [ 58 posts ]
Offline Frozeni
Thu May 16, 2013 1:43 am Post 
Thought to make a thread about what other games we play beside live for speed.. here is my story of how i found live for speed and what was before that :)

So, what i remember i started my gaming with Wolfenstein Enemy Territory at age of ~12-13, an ~2003 fps shooter. I had played alot other games on PSone and commodore but this is the game sticking to my mind first, i played it for a few years.. got into clans and basicly improved my eye/hand coordination by alot.

Next big game to come my mind is Rakion, i started playing that few years later.. it was 3d battling game with great mixture of action and strategy.. along with that i played some other FPS games like BF2, F.E.A.R. and Delta Force. I quess fps games were mostly my cup of tea in that time.

Some time later brother bought a new Playstation 2, so that was the next big thing for me :) I played mostly NHL 04's dynasty mode and Gran turismo 2 and 3, they were my first touch to racing games in general..
Along playing with PS2 i found this space 3d shooter called Space Cowboys Online (horrible name, i know :P ), later to be known as AirRivals. I played that for a few months but at that time my laptop just wasn't enough to run it without lag. I was really sad since it was exactly what i was looking for a game back then.. I tried it later just to be found the game had pretty much died.

After that, at the age of ~16 i found Warcraft 3, an real time strategy game.. First i fell in love with the original game and later my friend guided me to play the DotA mode of it, i spent the next coming years with WC3 :) After that i found Live for Speed from an advert, played in the demo for bit over a year.. Then bought S2 and here i am :)

So umm, yeah.. i very likely missed loads and loads of games i dont remember right now but those are the ones sticking most clearly to my mind.

Beside LFS, i'm playing this text based rpg called Torn City, really good time waster if you dont quite have time for anything else :) I occasionally play World of Tanks and League of Legends as well, though i must admit the spark for those games has diminished quite a bit.

For single player i recently bought Farcy 3 and the Mass Effect series, really good fun if the internet isn't working for some reason :thumb:

And umm, i quess that's about it.. a few games that pop into my mind when i'm thinking back :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu May 16, 2013 7:21 am Post 
http://bombermine.com

Offline Speedy J
Thu May 16, 2013 10:47 am Post 
I have never really been into computer gaming. Actually LFS is the only pc game I play. These games about warfare never caught me and I guess they never will :wink:

The kids have a Nintendo Wii with a lot of different games, I think it is made beautifully but I am not enthousiastic about playing it myself.

Offline initial D AE86
Thu May 16, 2013 11:09 am Post 
Now only lfs :D O:)
once nfs u2, GTA 2 / IV / san andreas, counter strike, etc. :coke: :woop:

Offline Itchy
Thu May 16, 2013 11:23 am Post 
If I'd write down a list of all games that I can remember I've been playing for, my list would be almost endless. So I'll shrink my list and write down only those games that have been my biggest faves along the way.

The 1st one that I can remember is The Maze of Galious for SVI-728 MSX. As long as I can remember, I never managed to play it through 100% tho.

The 2nd one was F1 Spirit also for SVI-728 MSX. The first racing game that I remember playing for and it was a great game back then. Mainly because unlike many other racing games at that time, you had so many cars to choose from and possibility to tune them up.

The 3rd one was Elite for Commodore 64. Spent some countless hours and sleepless nights with it. :D The Great Giana Sisters for C64 was big hit also. I also loved Test Drive as well. It was the 1st "driving simulation" that I ever played. Out Run was one of those arcade racing games that I used to play back then.

After having my C64 for couple of years, I made the next big step and bought Amiga 500. What a giant leap for a teenager. :woop:
I continued playing Elite with Amiga, although there was big bunch of other games that I also liked to play.
Some of them were Oil Imperium, Millennium 2.2, Lost Patrol, The Secret of Monkey Island, Zak McKracken, Hunter, Nuclear War, Street Rod 1 & 2 and many, many more. Oh, those golden times of Amiga... :respect:

While still having my Amiga around, I had my first PlayStation. Silent Hill, Gran Turismo 1 & 2, Medal of Honor and Final Fantasy VII were few of my favourite PS1 games.

After having PlayStation it was kind of natural choice to move on with PS2. Played lots of Gran Turismo 3 & 4 with it as well as Tourist Trophy, Silent Hill 2 & 3, SSX-series, Medal of Honor-series, Ace Combat-series, Colin McRae-series among with many, many other games.
MSX, C64, Amiga and PS1 are long gone for now, but I still have my trusty ol' PS2 and I'm still playing with it occassionally.

With PC I played Project IGI 1 & 2, Delta Force-series and some of those games from NFS-series. (Underground 2, Most Wanted and Carbon)
Nowadays I'm still playing games like the legendary Battlefield 2, Modern Warfare-series, rFactor, Farming Simulator 2011 :lol: , Flight Simulator X, Race Driver Grid, Colin McRae Dirt-series, NFS Shift, Test Drive Unlimited and LFS - of course. :)

As said; could've listed way more of games for any of those platforms, but I think this is enough for now...

Offline Frozeni
Thu May 16, 2013 12:48 pm Post 
Nice list!

The F1 Spirit looks quite interesting i must say 8)

Offline Failezz
Thu May 16, 2013 2:28 pm Post 
iR, RF2beta, LFS, XCom, BF3 & soon BF4, DayZ, Hitman, Sniper Elite 2, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2, Dishonored, Dead Island -both- , Arma 2, Arma 3 Alpha, Aliens Colonial Marines, Skyrim -all addons ofc- & Witcher 2 Assains of Kings..

Not that many but still a few. ;)

Offline BMW-gek
Thu May 16, 2013 5:05 pm Post 
I play LFS most of the times. Likely most Cargame and got some favorite tracks on TC citydriving.

If I don't play LFS I have GTA4, ETS2 or Simcity 4. Depends on my mood which one I play.

Offline Pvt5tash
Fri May 17, 2013 7:22 am Post 
GTL, N2k3, GTR 1-2, rF 1-2, GSC, LFS, AC, GPL, Race07 + add-ons, iR and many more that I forget at the moment. Mainly auto sims but have played the usual FPS titles and some flight sims.

Offline OTone
Fri May 17, 2013 5:11 pm Post 
Doom 1 & 2 online, Blackshot and now some iRacing occasionally.

Offline Berni01
Sat May 18, 2013 1:10 am Post 
Age of empires II HD, Rise of Nations Gold, CoD II, Automation, TDU II when I'm really bored :wink:

Offline Moody
Sat May 18, 2013 9:05 am Post 
Berni01 wrote:
Rise of Nations Gold

Nice! Its on my list too. I used to do LAN parties amoung my friends last summer during vacation. Hopefully it will repeat this year aswell. Love it and always will.

On the other hand my time is very limmited at the moment because exams are comming, but I am occasionally playing games such as Battlefield 2, Don't Starve and Super Hexagon (Hell YEAH!). Probably after I'll be passing in year 5 of college without any remaining exams, I'll be updating this list. :thumb:

Offline Sorin
Sat May 18, 2013 8:54 pm Post 
League of Legends

Offline Soeren
Sat May 18, 2013 9:18 pm Post 
Playing other games is soo boring, but developing my own games much more interesting: so who brings it until level 54? ==> http://home.arcor.de/soeren_scharf/smiley.zip

...to be honest, it is not my own game idea, originally it was a game on the gameboy (Quirk, if someone can remember), I have rewritten it to learn some new programming techniques back in the old days of Windows 3.11 :D

regards

Offline Moody
Sat May 18, 2013 9:31 pm Post 
Sorin wrote:
League of Legends

So that's the reason I can barely see you around. :lol: :thumb:

Offline Sorin
Sun May 19, 2013 7:44 am Post 
Moody wrote:
So that's the reason I can barely see you around.

nah the main reason is that i almost have driving licence...

Offline RaceFiets
Fri May 24, 2013 5:20 am Post 
Mostly LFS (cargame.nl, TC and few demo servers).
Played AoE II, witch is 2nd favorite game I ever played.

Thats all I guess, perhaps sometimes I go to facebook and play their poker to relax.

Offline Pvt5tash
Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:07 pm Post 
Anyone else here tried gtr2 with power and glory? Been playing a lot lately since 3.0 and 3.1 has made it better imo. Epic cars from a golden era of racing. Just wish Aus didn't suck quite as much when it comes to internet access as I reckon these old cars would be great fun online. Also got hooked on cities in motion for some reason. :fp: :)

Offline UnknownMaster21
Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:26 pm Post 
Heroes of Might and Magic 3.5: Wake of Gods

Thats all till I get new PC, and when I get new PC:

Live For Speed
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Redux
World of Tanks
Minecraft
AEons of Death
Dungeon Defenders / 2

That's all I guess. I should get a new one in 2014 January

EDIT: Yeah! Age of Empires 2 Expansion! Good game, but doesn't work on me atm. Maybe I should try it again!

EDIT2: Need for Speed 2 and Need for Speed 2 Special Edition: Those games are best NFS games ever played. ( All new ones suck as hell, Underground era too! My opinion only ofc)

EDIT3: PlayStation ERA

Gran Turismo series
Spyro the Dragon series
Smuggler's Run ( lol, epic game if you troll the enemy hahaha! )
Doom ( good one in PS, but gets a bit slow when alot of monsters in map. I could hack it and I putted more enemies to make it harder. But then everything started to shoot each other and I just waited on corner with mighty BFG 9000 lolloti lol. Doesn't work anymore though :( But I have maps saved on my Hard Disc)
Croc series
many other singular games as well

Nintendo series

Super Mario Bros series
Off Road
NES Golf

many other singular games as well

EDIT: Guys! let's play some Dungeon Keeper! Anyone? 1 please. 2 is good too but not in my taste

Offline DrBen
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:34 pm Post 
Hey there,

I've been pretty slow when it comes to my favorite games.

When driving is concerned, it all started with the original...
"The Need For Speed - Special Edition" - PC (yes, i know, the original was for some exotic console, still:
I'll say: it was the best nfs ever conceived - point-to-point 3-stage-races anyone?
Just shy of this praise is "NFS Porsche unleashed" (PC!!) - no other arcade driving/racing game got replayed by me as many times! Unfortunately just half a year after I got flatrate internet acces, EA took the master servers down for online-play (only to flood stores with some special edition 15€-edition diskt (with bundled audio-cd) the christmas after)... ...what a joke, EA!

Anyway: NFS-Porsche == lift-off-oversteer for the win!

EDIT2: Need for Speed 2 and Need for Speed 2 Special Edition: Those games are best NFS games ever played. ( All new ones suck as hell, Underground era too! My opinion only ofc)

Never played nfs2 with the exeption to the demo that ran abysmally slow on that P100 I was allowed to play it on. I'd say NFS 1-SE still beats it for at least perceived-realistic driving feel (judging by the nfs2-demo-experience).

Other driving games: TDU-1 ... was like running on Fakir's streets: interconnecting patches of mis-treated concrete instead of roads, well: some good keyboard fun (wheel proved to be unusable, at best). Again: game servers down, now. Mercedes Automatics had to be shifted manually!? What a bunch of BS. Needless to say I did NOT take that Piece of Junk seriously. Still: bought the steel-cover/-disk/-whatever-edition.

The other half of my youth were spent on "Die Siedler 2" by BlueByte. The original DOS-version! I have recently re-visited that in Dosbox (running on beatuiful GNU/Linux) - as I have NFS 1SE(!) - I still have kept that original CDROM(s)... I kind of suck at NFS1 nowadays. Sieder2 is just worlds too easy, once I figured its logic out.

Recently I have bought the original two "Commandos"-titles second-hand and have played them under wine (I wish I had had that pleasure much sooner: so much depth! Really rewarding to get that right!)

Oh and last but not least: Microsoft Flight Simulator 5.1 and '95 -> that version where every mountain looked just a uniform shade of mid-saturated green - I only new I was to close to that piece of earth after I crashed. (Pentium1-100Mhz, 32bit-S3 graphics with like 2 Mbyted RAM: good for about 64k colours at 1024x768 and like 20-something fps) -- Anyway: "surviving" the passage by VOR-flight from virtual Munich to Insbruck (one-hour flight hopefully around those beloved green heaps of doom (=mountains) in a Cessna 172-ish): priceless!

Did I forget something? Oh yeah:
Rally Masters (as on a CD in a magazine) with the famous Gran Canaria SuperSpecial stage... ...really good fun! The rally-equivalent of NFS-Porsche, actually - fortunately not from EA. Played that on my Pentium2-300Mhz countless hours - was intense!

Richard Burns Rally: about the same time I got into LFS I discovered Richard Burns Rally: Still the best rally-simulation on the PC in terms of realism/difficulty. Hopefully some day this will get a true successor (as in the same spirit)!

Recently there has beed rfactor (although I did hesitate like 5 years to try it - bought the DVD version in late 2011 and I have enjoyed some single-player driving in it (since online is pretty much dead except for leagues and I did not yet feel comfortable enough to really compete in that).

I'll just say: Historix-GT 1.95, Sports Coupés 0.9 and every Car from Niels Heusenkvield (hope I got that name right // Corvette C6-mod, Supra MK_IV) is more than worth a trie. Forget about the ISI-supplied cars, those are awful! Everything with realfeel by design seems to give an authentic impression, forget the rest. Ah yeah: Nordschleife is epic. Just follow Niels' advice in removing any artificial bumps from those track-files, makes a huge difference on realfeel-enabled cars!

I'm sure I passed on some minor side-kicks, but for what it's worth, all really great titles I liked - I listed

Have fun!

Offline Frozeni
Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:38 pm Post 
Winter sale on steam =)

19.12 - 3.1

Offline Pvt5tash
Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:48 pm Post 
Latest update to AC ( Assetto Corsa ) adds some fun, worth a try if not already in your collection. Combined with the sale as mentioned in the post above, it's cheap fun also. :) The F40 is mental, I have died many times today. Still trying to achieve upsidedown, on fire, backwards and going 200 mph into a tree. ;)

Offline Frozeni
Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 am Post 
Yeah, bought it few days ago, i'll propably get to it once they add career mode / multiplayer to it ;)

Offline Speedy J
Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:41 am Post 
Is Assetto Corsa a multiplayer online game?

Offline OTone
Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:29 pm Post 
:lol:

Offline Speedy J
Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:50 pm Post 
:duh:
Found out that it is, downlaoded the demo version but it requires an activationcode anyway. Grrrr.

Back to LFS :)

Offline Frozeni
Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:56 pm Post 
Yeah, LFS is the way to go still =)

Offline Pvt5tash
Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:22 am Post 
AC is still in dev there Speedy, no multi-player or ai at this stage. :) Will be worth keeping an eye on though, just to see what sort of direction it takes. It could be a really good sim or an epic fail, only time shall tell.

flappybirdcheats
Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:41 am Post 
Flappy Bird was one of the popular mobile apps, games that have created a revolution in the world of mobile gaming market. Backed by stunning features this game is quite interesting.

flappy bird | flappy bird cheats | flappy bird high score

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:34 am Post 
My banhammer is still popular.

Btw; 10.000 times ? Some people really have no life.

Offline Moody
Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:43 am Post 
You should have let him flap my bird a few times...

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:42 pm Post 
:o :lol:

Offline OTone
Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:14 am Post 
LOL

Offline MorX
Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm Post 
Moody wrote:
You should have let him flap my bird a few times...

ΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑ
ΗΑΗΑΑ
ΗΑ
ΗΑΗΑΗΑΗΑ
ΗΑΗΑ
ΗΑ

Offline Frozeni
Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:18 pm Post 
Started playing elder scrolls online.. beware mudcraps! :honger:

Offline Mikki
Wed May 14, 2014 6:29 pm Post 
Other games besides LFS? Well there is couple that I'm currently playing quite often:

Heroes of Newerth (almost same as LoL and DotA) and Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Both are great games to play with friends! (secretly wishing that moody would buy cs:go someday :thumb: )

Offline adnaneren06
Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:02 pm Post 
super mario:)

Offline Mikki
Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:10 pm Post 
World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor, anyone from here going to play it? :honger:

Offline langtall
Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:54 am Post 
Ingress. :)

Offline iago fontes
Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:08 pm Post 
Assetto corsa, RaceRoom racing Experience

Offline OTone
Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:36 pm Post 
iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing LFS iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing Assetto Corsa iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacingi Racing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing iRacing

Offline sermilan
Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:53 pm Post 
What do you guys think about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiBME2gNFCg

Offline Frozeni
Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:26 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
What do you guys think about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiBME2gNFCg

Cool :) As a kid i always wanted to see the races with those trucks but it was never on tv :[

Big heavy trucks with high centre of gravity.. nothing can go wrong :D

Offline BMW-gek
Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:20 pm Post 
:honger:

Offline iago fontes
Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:08 pm Post 
i play SpinTires too

Offline Hiromi
Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:28 pm Post 
My wheel is dead since December :huh: but I dont know whether it is worth buy new, when i see this full servers :lol:
Now i play this kamikazeeeeeeeeee :roflol: - http://www.totaljerkface.com/happy_wheels.tjf

Offline initial D AE86
Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:54 pm Post 
I has just to wonder, where are u all the time 8)

ps: I try it http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/184 ... 3581d.html and gameover , I go back to the lfs :lol:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:48 pm Post 
Hiromi wrote:
My wheel is dead since December :huh:

Karma ;)

Offline Hiromi
Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:17 pm Post 
:lol: for it may Scawen and his stupid excuses :zzz: I understood what say my wheel me"when no you then me" :roflol:

Offline Frozeni
Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:15 am Post 
Shame :/ Hope yoy get new wheel soon so we can race again :lief:

[ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next