agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]
Offline DuHeC
Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:12 pm Post 
I have one question? Why is only 1 car unlocked on S2s server?

Offline StFin Jamppa
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:03 pm Post 
Same me ex and rt are ok but only one car . !mycars command shows cars correct.

Offline Speedy J
Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:55 pm Post 
How can you drive in two cars anyway.

Offline DuHeC
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:27 pm Post 
Yes pls fix that :yes:

Offline initial D AE86
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:39 pm Post 
ok fix it 8)

Ps: Lotus III Ultimate Challenge from Amiga 600 O:)

HHmm in s2s available is only Mrt , car rest is gameover :x , :-? hhm speedy u fix it :)

Offline Speedy J
Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:10 pm Post 
i am noob. sorry cant do :[

Offline initial D AE86
Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:14 pm Post 
:hug:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:26 am Post 
It's because I enthusiastically began to further develop the new insim after the release of Westhill 2.0 and the changed server environment added to this need. The things Airio can't control anymore custom grid+custom layouts is becoming a problem. Some bugs are introduced in this new insim process which I normally are happy to fix but... All of a sudden racer interest in LFS dropped to near zero in the last two months and my motivation to do work for LFS has dropped too because of that. Also because I constantly get the impression that LFS dev. team is just sitting and turning their chairs after each update, sorry if one of them is reading this but this is what I think, can't help it.

It seems that interest is returning a bit now, I like that. I will try to 'get back in the game' but it's summer and as always it's a short summer and I want to fully enjoy it this time. Last years where a disaster, sitting behind some window watching stupid gray clouds every day. That sucks :duh: :D

---
Anyway this bug occurs when the new insim looses connection to it's database. Recognizable by the track counter not displaying a count anymore.. Just a slash; / ... I need to fix these connection failures, for some reason it fails to run multiple instances. When there is activity on two or more CG servers at the same time it crashes one of the two/other connections to the database forevah! So that particular insim instance is out of information and thinks you are new to the server and give you only the starter car. Overruling Airio rules.

Do people still get what I try to explain? Probably not but long story short; bugs. :coffee: :D

*There was some problem this whole last week in general with the server itself. It was completely overloaded and slow, didn't realized there was a process unrelated to CG completely stuck and sucking up almost all CPU resources. Leading to database failures and slow response everywhere. I did a reset of this process and I think I blocked this process of becoming stuck in an endless loop in the future.

Offline StFin Jamppa
Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:55 am Post 
Thanks for quick answer. My motive asked that question is cause our team member/founder StFin White came play again this awesome game after two years brake :thumb:

Game needs working statistics, i hope bugs found and be fixed.

Offline DuHeC
Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:21 pm Post 
Thanks for answer Dave. Good luck with bugs :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:05 am Post 
OK found a major one with car handling

Improving other stuffz also (I hope). 8) :wink:

Offline DuHeC
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:28 am Post 
Thank you :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:22 pm Post 
This server from now on doesn't exist anymore => talk-of-the-day/revive-of-the-cargame-nl-s2-server-s2s-and-s2r-closed-t6662.html

[ 13 posts ]