agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:55 pm Post 
Right... Last week I came to the conclusion the now old structure wasn't really workable anymore, especially on the new Westhill... What are you talking about Dave? Yeah, the S2 principle of throwing a lot of car classes on the track and then to expect that everybody can behave. The new Westhill is tight and has lots of height differences and national has on top of that all kinds of challenging corners. You don't want to have too many car classes on one server. So I decided to split stuff...

S2s => cars with slicks: GT2, NGT, MRT
S2r => cars with road tires: LRF, TBO, LX4, XFG/XRG
S1 => says enough I think
S0 => demo server, no explaining needed
OW => open wheel cars
GTI => server specially dedicated to GTI (XFG/XRG) racing
Free => if you want to relax. No racing going on, just chilling @Westhill open config. Feel, free ;)

I created new replay archives, busy setting up chatlog services and eehhmm all kinds of stuff basically.

As a result of these changes there are no special days anymore. Although I am heavily thinking about changing the OW server to FOX only during the complete F1 weekend. I am far from finished yet with the changes I have in mind and I have the habit to start explaining things after and not before actions so well eehh.. I explain a little bit more later this week. I hope it will make some people a bit more happy, the goal is to get racing a bit safer. :x (f)

Oh and the two extremes, UF1 and BF1 .. Are missing. Because, it are extremes. Too slow, or too fast.

What does MRT do on S2s? Its an open wheel car? Yeah, true.. But.. It's a fun entry car which does a good job on the new Westhill and ah well, can be funny on other tracks as well. Because it has very good grip in corners I think, hope, that GT2/NGT drivers can handle them. There needs to be a good controllable car for new people joining the server with not so much experience but at the same time is not too dangerous for GT2/NGT. And UFB is too complicated to setup for new racers and also dangerous for others because it's very difficult to see the difference UFR/UFB during racing.

Offline initial D AE86
Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:34 pm Post 
:thumb:

[ 2 posts ]