What key please ....

Thx
Chris :wink:

Offline DuHeC
Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:53 pm Post 
Update or hacked?

Offline zeugnimod
Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:01 pm Post 
I hope it doesn't have anything to do with Dave apparently being banned on LFS forum. :/

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:25 pm Post 
Yes it does. I'm a little bit done with that bad management there. But when I was at the supermarket a moment ago and I realized its probably better to rewrite the InSim to autoban new people and people which haven't driven for a long time. Which is what I will do.

Offline sermilan
Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:40 pm Post 
zeugnimod wrote:
...Dave apparently being banned on LFS forum

WOOOTTT??! :o
Dave wrote:
...I realized its probably better to rewrite the InSim to autoban new people and people which haven't driven for a long time. Which is what I will do.
WOOOTTT??!

What the hell happened today, the third world war or something?! :duh:

Offline BMW-gek
Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:52 pm Post 
I'm a bit curious to about this.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:35 pm Post 
Nothing serious.. Another retarded reason... I said "Is listening very hard?" to Gutsholz and this was rated as "insulting" somebody. Completely ridiculous in my eyes to get a week ban for that. He (Scawen) should ban himself by failing to put work into LFS. There are people doing much more then he is doing, it's a shame. And he has no idea whats going on in the communities in general.

Anyway it changed my opinion, I am not going to be that cooperative anymore. There is a limit, the limit has been reached.

Offline Speedy J
Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:23 am Post 
So.

You are pissed off at Scawen and for that mater you punish people who want to race? Doesn't sound like you. Or do you expect the people who can't drive on G to complain at LFS forum / Scawen?

Dave wrote:
I am not going to be that cooperative anymore. There is a limit, the limit has been reached.

There is a difference between the LFS community and the CG community.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:28 am Post 
No.. Yeah... I said I realized it was the wrong approach I think? But something is going to change anyway.

I am getting done with LFS, it's getting nowhere. It's time to look into other possibilities and start to promote that.

Offline pmw
Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:29 pm Post 
Well if you are going to leave from this community, atleast share cargame's datas to someone who is willing to keep up this server. Since cargame is pretty much the only public racing server in LFS...

I don't care about your cat fight between forum users, and I understand if you want to move on, but don't be angry to normal players.

Offline coppe
Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:21 pm Post 
@pmw: word up! :thumb:

Offline DuHeC
Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:34 pm Post 
pmw wrote:
I don't care about your cat fight between forum users, and I understand if you want to move on, but don't be angry to normal players.

:thumb:

Offline Speedy J
Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:48 pm Post 
Dave wrote:

That is sad to hear but not surprising. For me lfs is still fun enough but I am not bothered with the stuff you need to handle (f)

Offline initial D AE86
Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:10 pm Post 
Remember that people do really form lfs , lfs will live, Me also ride around in circles still in old maps and cars. This starts to get bored , but still have fun when the server is full of people and best friends (f) , but I think that the sends path by developers is not enough :duh:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:22 pm Post 
I am talking about ending support from my end and concentrate on something which actually has a future. There is happening a lot more behind the scenes, quite some people are fed up with development and I just joined that group. Some of them which you wouldn't even expect to be completely done with this zero outlook. If we make a switch we do it without looking back and I think quite a lot will make a switch as well.

It's ridiculous to wait half a year on the release of one fantasy (!) track. And then what.. Nothing in 2015 again? Hopeless simulator this is going to be.

Speedy J wrote:
For me lfs is still fun enough

Numbers are dropping on public racing.. League racing is almost extinct. Stay ahead of the downfall ;)

Offline Speedy J
Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:38 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
Stay ahead of the downfall ;)

Okay boss :(

Offline Litro
Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:15 pm Post 
LFS optimists will still be there... :woop:

Offline Hiromi
Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:25 pm Post 
Dave - I feel that many people and you have succumbed to mass hysteria :fp: The end NDR and similarly events... For many people doesn't mean nothing. I am surprised your attitude :roll: I think you're was influenced debates inside any ppl who are sceptically. You thought of LFS will as iRacing - Assetto Corsa - rFactor ???? :lock: Just try see how many ppl work for this corporations and how for LFS :lol:
How Scawen say "does not want to resemble last new Sims " LFS is a separate category where no every kvartal mate new car and track. Scawen wants to create real physics a few little things but the whole is still the same.
And Why create one thing per year simple answer. 3 old fighter with your life and family it work for pleasure no for menay and glory.

LFS is best Sim with not the best graphics and updates but the best fun Sim :thumb: Not as oteher shit who are here only to rinsing money from pocket . :thumb_d: Everyone has a choice and ME vote still for LFS :yes:

Offline Speedy J
Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:42 pm Post 
Hiromi wrote:
LFS is best Sim with not the best graphics and updates but the best fun Sim :thumb: Not as oteher shit who are here only to rinsing money from pocket . :thumb_d: Everyone has a choice and ME vote still for LFS :yes:

Hear hear :respect:

Offline Frozeni
Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:56 pm Post 
Yeah, LFS multiplayer is something unique with all the people who have been around here from ages.. which i feel has made the people bit more friendly and not so crazy as in other games. For me its like a one big family :lief:

It's really been great driving at cargame for the last few years, and i've got so many good memories of the racing and chatting here that i hope it will continue for a long time still :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:21 pm Post 
The highest peak today was 20, currently 16... You all can preach differently but this is not going in the right direction and no fantasy track update is going to change this. It's time to start focusing on something else. This kind of arrogance I also don't like;

If they know so much better than us how to make a racing sim, they are welcome to make one! :)

I don't want to support this.

Racing sim? Cruising sim is a better word :fp: :dood:

I recognize this overconfidence, it always happens at the end of a cycle.

Offline initial D AE86
Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:43 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:

:cheer: exactly :cheer:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:13 pm Post 
Hiromi wrote:
you have succumbed to mass hysteria :fp: The end NDR and similarly events

I was a strong motivator to just continue but that switched of course also, which results into this;
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/86890- ... ate-Effect

--
So yes I join the 'mass hysteria' as you call it. I rather would say I call most of it a day :wink: .. It has been an amazing 5 years but you can't beat life into a dead horse.

Offline initial D AE86
Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:36 pm Post 
Dave wrote:

:nocheer: I read it :\

ps: or cargame also waiting it in the near future? :duh: :nothanks:

21:50 in my time, on Thursday, but is not too little player :-?
http://www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/pel ... ba567.html

Offline sermilan
Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:58 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
So yes I join the 'mass hysteria' as you call it. I rather would say I call most of it a day :wink: .. It has been an amazing 5 years but you can't beat life into a dead horse.

Dave,
I think I completely understand you with this attitude.
It's true that Scawen's standing that LFS remains a three guys developing a racing sim when-ever-they-can thing has it's own up and down sides. And NO ONE should be a "prisoner" to that way of thinking.

Although it's hard for me to admit I have to say that they've gone too far with it. I love LFS, for all that it has given to me for only 24 GBP in the last 7+ years, but banning you on LFS forum for what ever reason was simply ridiculous and an act of complete disrespect (having in mind that you ran the ONLY free-to-join multi-class server for years on YOUR OWN expense, time and effort).

Then move the fuck on! But as SpeedyJ said: don't disassemble the CG community as it has been on its own for years too. Bring new stuff in, most of us will follow. Bring AC in, who cares for LFS if Scawen isn't too bothered himself.

But I will use this opportunity once again to thank you for all of your free time, money and effort you spent on us, hope you enjoyed it too as we did (f) . What ever you decide to do with this in the future, this stays on :wink:

If there's any way we could help, please let us know!

P.S. and yes... ban SpeedyJ, he's only been a nuisance here all this time :[

Offline initial D AE86
Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:21 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
he's only been a nuisance here all this time

yes ban him for ''one week'' for all , and what he did for lfs :roflol:

PS: Tomorrow he will unlock ok (f)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:18 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
but banning you on LFS forum for what ever reason was simply ridiculous and an act of complete disrespect

Nah, thats OK.. I can handle that. I can have aggressive statements*. But he and the other two.. Have no idea where it's coming from simply because they do not have -any- contact with not a single bit of the community. They are just doing something. Actually nothing.. Apart from the netcode update, which was a good one (no shift-S delay, show net quality @N-list, longer before time outs occur) I have seen nothing of which I can say, OK this brings everything on a next level. Updating Westhill was a nice idea if you are talking about ~ 1 month. But, half a year? Wtf? And then what, we can go off track.. Yeaaajj... Thats targeted to cruise people. What do 'we' do with that :-?

Like I said before it has nothing to do with racing anymore, but then don't call yourself a racing sim also. The majority, including myself, is not a racer.. Just an average driver doing some laps. The real racers have long been gone. He says create a racing sim yourself if you think you can do it better.. Well.. It already is there, it's called Iracing.. Everybody which does some serious racing is there, with real cars and real tracks. Probably laughing at the stupidity of what continuously is going on at LFS... And I don't blame them.

[*] Although the reason behind this ban was backed upped with completely nothing. Calling something insulting which not in the entire world can be rated as insulting;

I made the green comment for which I received a ban... But I wonder who made the red comment. It disappeared completely! Maybe this Henka himself hhmm

Offline Hiromi
Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:39 pm Post 
Thank you Dave for your work for LFS :thumb: People come and go it is a cycle life. Now will maybe litle crisis in LFS but as you sey "do not take it so seriously" only game, still be a lot of people go racing for Drifting, fun race, hotlaping ......
I think if come new Westhill again fully servers :D Now is the time same drink :beer: clear the mind and live life to the fullest :woop: O:) :dag:

Offline Corse Danny
Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:10 pm Post 
Hey Dave,

Good job!

As it seems Scawen is going completely mad! I just got frustrated that seemingly there is no appreciation towards the ones who are LITERALLY the ones keeping LFS alive.

Isaac got banned to because he didnt say anything wrong, Scawen made a huge fail, mistake, noob action and knows this himself. The way he tried to hide this, deleted the posts which he banned people for and then deliberately quoted Isaac in a wrong way which misleads what Isaac has said went too far for me.

If people who keeping LFS barely alive are being treated like this, than there is something badly wrong imo. For sure scawen doesnt deserve my effort that I put in to it any longer. Because of protesting me and Jati got banned too. This goes well.

You run the most crowded servers and got banned for a reason that is simply false. Me got banned of posting a scientific article and got banned. Isaac got banned.

Westhill should be done in 3 weeks and we are 3 months further.. this guy can keep on tellin lies but im done with it. Trying to keep a team alive putting effort in it under false promises. Even a new Westhill with 3 new trees cant get lfs back there.

I will sometimes stay around to drive a bit of lfs.. purely because there are some people there. We are now running polls to see what other sim is an option for the Corse members.

The one who should appreciating some of us trying hard to keep LFS alive dont get any support or rather bans for completely false reasons also.. This is not worth it anymore..

Its been a nice 10 years..

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:44 am Post 
Yeah.. Well.. I am not frustrated, I had an amazing five years.. It was really fun but it now soon is falling below a level where it's turning into annoyance. I would like to be ahead of this.

I've read the latest postings today as well about this "development". If you read carefully you noticed a lot of I, I and I's. He want to do everything by himself and after;
Quote:
trying to improve shadows is to complete the transition to HLSL. The plan is to release Westhill before getting into any such complicated things.

It gets even more complicated, which means, even a longer waiting period on future releases, hurray!

One man can't do what otherwise is done by a team of 5 - 6 people. He is getting old (44 now if I am right?), going to be mission impossible. It already is actually. His inner soul already realizes it's an impossible task and everybody who is talking a little bit out of context concerning his mission impossible gets banned. It's recognizable behavior and for me it says enough that LFS is nearing end of life. Not that I will pull all plugs tomorrow but better be prepared. I am simply looking into other possibilities which have more potential then this downward spiral called LFS (f)

Offline Speedy J
Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:52 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
He is getting old (44 now if I am right?)

:[

For the rest: unfortunately, yeah...

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:59 pm Post 
Look at this;

and being interrupted every few hours to deal with insults from talentless fools who can't think of anything better to do.

:lol:

Talking about insults here. Well... Thank you! Was a pleasure to keep your work alive :dag: :middlefinger:

Haven't done anything structural during the last five years and again talking so arrogant. Great 8)

Offline Speedy J
Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:24 pm Post 
Ah well Dave. You can see throughout the forum and for some time now, he defends himself. Says enough.

If you are talking about not waisting energy on things or people; here you go. Putting energy in your own server and it's people, well that's another kind of energy. The good kind.

For the rest: Beer & Bitches. :woop:

Offline Corse Danny
Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:54 pm Post 
Only 44? :)

He behaves like such an annoying old fart of over 75+ who is really pretentious, knows everything better! :)

He was insulting in our topic as well:
"Contrary to the belief of some of the lesser brained people around here, I have a lot of work to do and I'm going to get on with it."

I've seen him doing this much more often already, where as I think that especially he can't ban Isaac for saying nothing wrong. Unless he has enlightened himself above us like pretenting to be better than his forum users. I'm sorry for him if he expects everyone to be up in his ass...

I was also thinking.. he made a smart move by fallicitating drifting and cruising in a way, because imagine those people not being online in LFS. It's getting even more sad then it was in the summer.

Ban Dave (Cargame.nl)
Ban Jati (most active driver in LFS)
Ban Danny (Corse)
Ban Isaac ( Fast driver)
Bye NDR
Bye GenR
Bye Corse

And he maintains this attitude of 'I don't cive a ***' . I mean he is killing all that lfs platform keeps alive.. wonder who his marketing strategist is :D

This means imo either indeed being overconvidenced or starting to give up.

Offline Litro
Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:03 pm Post 
Interesting drama.

Offline Speedy J
Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:49 pm Post 
either indeed being overconvidenced or starting to give up

Either way will end in tears normally :/

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:09 pm Post 
Easily three different cards to play;

1) All new players to be ignored (connect, IP ban => fails to connect)
2) Promote another platform by InSim
3) go into crack mode, stay away from the official master server and just leave development/support at it's current state. Inform people how to get to the new server environment.

I wait until I change attitude permanently after the holiday period. Gives about six weeks to figure out how things work and educate people.

Offline UnknownMaster21
Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:48 pm Post 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4AferFOznc - this is a solution!

And, being a bit more serious:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vHRMeRszw4

Never give up

Offline UnknownMaster21
Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:58 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
Nothing serious.. Another retarded reason... I said "Is listening very hard?" to Gutsholz and this was rated as "insulting" somebody. Completely ridiculous in my eyes to get a week ban for that. He (Scawen) should ban himself by failing to put work into LFS. There are people doing much more then he is doing, it's a shame. And he has no idea whats going on in the communities in general.

Anyway it changed my opinion, I am not going to be that cooperative anymore. There is a limit, the limit has been reached.

I have to admit I disagree this, but it all depends what comes in afterwards ( if comes, I believe so though )

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:55 pm Post 
this is a solution!

Its not, sorry..

Quote:

(undertaker00) DELETED by Scawen : spam Sun 23 Nov 2014, 19:32
(TypeRacing) DELETED by Scawen : spam Sun 23 Nov 2014, 19:51
(OTone) DELETED by Scawen : spam Sun 23 Nov 2014, 22:02
(jurisltu) DELETED by Scawen : spam Sun 23 Nov 2014, 22:10

You know what they said? "Tnx, Scawen" on this thread;

Result? 1 month ban! :fp: :nothanks: :no:

Quote:
<00:32:56> "Ricardo": Your forum status is : In the corner
The reason for the ban : spam
The ban will be lifted : ~Wed 24 Dec 2014, 10:49

Going mental this developer.

Offline Frozeni
Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:02 am Post 
Indeed it's completely wrong approach to the situation.

However i partly understand the LFS team from developement perspective, the game itself has been around for many years and there hasn't been practically any long term payment thing coming to the devs, expect some rare HD skins and new people transferring from demo to S2. So the money flow would be very minimal for the long term.

Then again, they could have reported their progress much more frequently and explained why things aren't progressing, i wouldn't really mind waiting to the eternity if they used up 30 mins every month to say whats going on and so on :/ I bet most of the frustration on both dev and player side would have been avoided with that.

But the racing and the people doing it are still golden, yesterday after F1 i had pretty much most fun in few races with FOX than i've had for a long time, and the server was close or over 40 players for pretty good amount of time :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:16 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:
i wouldn't really mind waiting to the eternity if they used up 30 mins every month to say whats going on and so on

No I would mind..

If nothing fresh is coming anymore I / we would like to know then it's more easy to abandon ship. Now it's just like we hitted multiple iceb...

.......Wait a second? Why is an iceberg called an iceberg in English and not icemountain or icehill? Very strange!

However, we are going to die. :dood:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:10 pm Post 
Meanwhile on lfsforum;

:D

Offline initial D AE86
Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:16 pm Post 
Quote:
I deleted all versions and we must start all over again :D

Quote:
I cant give any information about publishing date but its done when its done.
Thanks! :lol:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:03 pm Post 
Aannd its gone. Thanks Flame :thumb_d:

Offline sermilan
Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:07 pm Post 
Did you write this, Dave? :lol:

Offline Hiromi
Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:42 pm Post 
I saw it live :lol: I read it .....for a while use google, to come back and all is delete :fp: :lol:
But when I saw "few weeks" it is a certainty 2014 nothing new :roll:

Offline initial D AE86
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:11 pm Post 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiw_ezYGlZs
Scaven (cat) vs trolling (people mouse) :D

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:55 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
Did you write this, Dave? :lol:

I'm not that creative :/ :no:

[ 49 posts ]