agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 47 posts ]
Offline sermilan
Mon May 12, 2014 3:47 pm Post 
Thanks guy for allowing FOX on GP Sunday along with FBM :thumb:

As I understood, it wasn't intended but more an error, but nevertheless it was enjoyable :)

Offline Tibbert™
Mon May 12, 2014 4:22 pm Post 
+1. :thumb: Great racing!

I hope the error returns next GP Sunday.. :P

Offline Frozeni
Mon May 12, 2014 5:59 pm Post 
Yeah, it was great to drive FOX for a change!!

I too hope it comes back for future FBM Sundays, the car is pretty easy to handle and i didn't see too many crashes with them :thumb:

Offline Speedy J
Mon May 12, 2014 8:26 pm Post 
Well it was not an error to be honest but more abuse of limadcommands O:) . But when FOX and FBM drove together it was nice clean racing and a full server :nah: which was such a nice combination, that I left the FOX available as well. Also took into consideration that the FOX Junkies server is not populated any more, as I understood.

Very nice to see so many people enjoyed it :lief:

Okay Dave, shoot me now :wink:

Offline initial D AE86
Mon May 12, 2014 9:13 pm Post 
hhhmm :D :thumb:

Offline DuHeC
Mon May 12, 2014 9:27 pm Post 
Finally FOX on the server :lief: :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue May 13, 2014 3:40 am Post 
Speedy J wrote:
Dave, shoot me now :wink:

Well maybe also for not putting back the server in its original config :nah: .. I now did that after I spotted this topic otherwise newcomers couldn't drive anything anymore today and the rest only TBO/LX4.

But well hhmm.. What can I say.. I haven't seen it otherwise I would not have agreed with it :x (*My computer was online but I wasn't there ;) )

Frozeni wrote:
and i didn't see too many crashes with them

Thats not the reason, the reason is that it shouldn't be multiclass saturday through monday. Besides, people need to know exactly what happens on what day.

I categorize this as enthusiastic but don't override -the system- too much because the power is rhythm not chaos, chaos leads in the end to empty servers not full ones. And no, I don't accept different point of views. (As usual :fp: :wink: ).

// end of early morning lecture.

Offline Speedy J
Tue May 13, 2014 12:32 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
Well maybe also for not putting back the server in its original config :nah:

Mea Culpa. I was hoping the server would change to monday settings at 0.00 AM by itself but I noticed yesterday morning that it did not. So I manually changed the available cars to monday's TBO cars. Not a good solution, I get it.

So, IF I change available cars any time in the future, I will let you know. If it is okay by you, I hope putting back the general configuration is/was not too much work (f) I am sorry for that.

EDIT: I don't think I will even change it any more. Life is complicated enough as it is.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue May 13, 2014 1:41 pm Post 
Nah it's ok :aai:

The server/Airio doesn't control the /cars command by itself, it can give undesired results with people in cars which get suddenly spectated upon change. I've thought of nearly everything in an automatic way and last week I shot myself in my foot also by changing the rules by keeping GTI a track longer instead of GT2.. But.. Made a mistake doing that.. It's not eehhh .. Well.. Yeah.. It gets too complicated :lol: (f)

In the end the people (about 20) ended up on a different server but thats OK. The goal is not to have a full server at the cost of everything otherwise I would have started a cruise server :fp: :-?

Offline Speedy J
Tue May 13, 2014 2:16 pm Post 
:D
Dave wrote:
it can give undesired results with people in cars which get suddenly spectated upon change

This one, I knew. When manuaaly changing I also select the current cars to prevent this from happening.

Offline sermilan
Tue May 13, 2014 7:46 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
I now did that after I spotted this topic otherwise ...

Well... it seams that I actually blew a whistle for Speedy to be burned. That was surely not my intention (f)

I opened this topic to thank you guys for letting FOX one way or the other, because it was fun to drive.
It is good to change things from time to time, so they don't become boring. Introducing FOX along with FBM was a good.... well not idea, but sequence of events :P and I hope it stays that way, because people who prefer FBM can still be able to drive it and also difference in speed of these two cars is not so big and lapping is not likely to happen unless on very short tracks.

Besides... maybe God himself decided to interfere by messing up the server, to show us the right way.... who knows... he works in misterious ways :)

Offline Frozeni
Tue May 13, 2014 8:49 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
thank you guys for letting FOX one way or the other, because it was fun to drive.

Indeed, i had the most fun in this game for months that day, and i'm very thankful for that :lief:

Offline Speedy J
Wed May 14, 2014 7:22 am Post 
sermilan wrote:
it seams that I actually blew a whistle for Speedy to be burned.

No sweat mate, I trust it Dave and me are still fine. I am happy with this topic because I fucked up the configuration :oops:

:coffee:

Offline Moody
Wed May 14, 2014 7:38 am Post 
Let's not forget that I was holding a gun onto your head so basicaly its 100% my fault. :D
Either way, was a really fun night to drive. :woop:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed May 14, 2014 8:19 am Post 
Lets make a drama of it 8)

Offline Moody
Wed May 14, 2014 8:36 am Post 
A TV show would be nice. Show would be mega popular and we would become rich. Infinite money $$$
Super legit :lol:

Offline MorX
Sat May 24, 2014 10:31 pm Post 
Finally something driveable!!

LET'S ROLL BITCHES !!!! :o

Offline sermilan
Sun May 25, 2014 2:08 pm Post 
so, no FOX on GP days?

Offline Frozeni
Sun May 25, 2014 2:13 pm Post 
Apparently not, much dissapoint :(

Offline Speedy J
Sun May 25, 2014 2:19 pm Post 
Go outside guys, the weather is beautiful! :wink:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun May 25, 2014 4:13 pm Post 

Link

Offline MorX
Sun May 25, 2014 4:19 pm Post 
That's bullshit, out of 7 days of a week, 1,5 of them are trully free to play... in which you get into a multiclass server which has 1 class available.

Mindblown ....

Offline Speedy J
Sun May 25, 2014 5:19 pm Post 
Jezz Morx, stop using female hormones :devil:

Offline Frozeni
Sun May 25, 2014 5:31 pm Post 
The problem is that he's right, oh well.. could write a long story about this, but for the sake of everyone its just better not to care anymore :)

Offline Moody
Sun May 25, 2014 5:41 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:
its just better not to care anymore :)

+1

Offline sermilan
Sun May 25, 2014 7:09 pm Post 
LOL Dave :roflol:

Offline sermilan
Sun May 25, 2014 7:31 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:

:wink:

Offline Speedy J
Mon May 26, 2014 9:11 am Post 
:D
I was afk. In other words, I was outside O:) :lol: :devil:

Oh wait, at that moment there was a cloud in front of the sun. :woop:

Offline MorX
Mon May 26, 2014 9:45 am Post 
Speedy J wrote:
Jezz Morx, stop using female hormones :devil:

Let me write down the long story which frozeni was talking about on a couple of posts above.

Cargame.nl has a couple of servers with the S2 one being a multiclass... that means, we're all gathered here driving whatever comes to our taste.
From an XFR if we want to masturbate around or if we have our wifes sucking our balls while racing, up to GT2 if we're on "racer mode" alone when shit got serious.
Working class people, prefer this server, fulfilling their need of many choices according to their mood.
Working class people (or other people who have a weekend free) being regular LFS players rather than "comets" or let me say "Seasonal" ... have this weekend to race. Say GT2, say FOX, anything ...

Just when Saturday kicks in, there it goes... STD only. DAFUQ#1
When Sunday comes again, GT2 (?) or FBM (?) confused... anyway... DAFUQ#2

I started here, when it was a real multiclass server back then, IN EVERY TRACK.
1st, South Shitty had GT2 Disabled, now for a year or so (?) STD + FBM ... during weekend ... COME ON!

Strangely, i see that for a couple of hours many many many people, are online with a full grid driving XFG/XRG ... if that's what they realy want, WHY the other CG servers are off?

You can tell me the same. Hey Morx, gtfo... if you want GT2 GTR or anything, you can go there or suicide by middlefinger in your ass.
Well. ok that's a point, BUT there's no population. Who wants to race there with 2 or 3 fellows?

That's what comes to my mind right now, i wanted to make a post in the past but....

More to be added if I'll recall any more thoughts I've done.

Lots of friendly, sunshine warm greetings from Uganda ... oh sorry Greece, same shit. (sic)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon May 26, 2014 12:55 pm Post 
MorX wrote:
many many many people, are online with a full grid driving XFG/XRG ... if that's what they realy want, WHY the other CG servers are off?

Because everybody is driving already GTI :D

And the reason behind that is that people want close racing with no kiddies in overpowered cars making stupid overtake maneuvers ending in a crash because they have no clue how to handle the speed/grip differences.

Last year during single class racing at least the S1 server was very popular but that is now also not the case anymore because of the LFS downfall.

MorX wrote:
GT2 (?) or FBM (?)

MorX wrote:
now for a year or so (?) STD + FBM ... during weekend ... COME ON!

You missed this thread? multiclass-server-s2/cargame-nl-weekly-schedules-general-info-t6162.html

Explains what happens and its not so hard to remember.

MorX wrote:
warm greetings

It stays like this, its not my job to boost LFS popularity.. Can't create gold out of dust.

Some dev team needs to do that, if ever :fp: (f)

Offline MorX
Mon May 26, 2014 1:03 pm Post 
The fact that everyone drives GTI ?? Then why STD server is empty?
Why when you give them the choise of multiclass, still they insist in other cars?

Overpowered? Compared to what... every car is different. What exactly are you saying...
Stupid maneuvers? Ban hammer... simple as that.
May i remind you that you can do stupid maneuvers with std class too? The difference is that low speed = save.

You didnt reply about weekend events. It's not that people want STD during that time, it's the fact that it's the most populated actual race server. They have no other option.

Offline Frozeni
Mon May 26, 2014 2:05 pm Post 
There is also the safety rating, so most of the inexperienced drivers wouldnt be alowed to race in the more demanding cars in the first place. I think the 90 sr limit would work perfectly with FOX along with FBM. (Besides it has better grip to the track than FBM, so it helps at correcting the mistakes at track)

Giving people reasonable cars to choose from provided they meet the requirements, would bring much more joy to the game :) It doesnt have to boost popularity but atleast to keep the current active people from fading away.

Just give us a chance to prove this :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon May 26, 2014 2:58 pm Post 
MorX wrote:
Then why STD server is empty?

You mean demo? Because its demo.

MorX wrote:
They have no other option.

Thats not my "fault" is it? GTI Saturday is the most popular day, not going to change anything about that.

People are looking forward to it, no MorX can change this :P

Frozeni wrote:
Just give us a chance to prove this :)

What, that FBM+FOX works?

Offline MorX
Mon May 26, 2014 3:11 pm Post 
Demo because it's demo is not a serious argument Dave.
Demo server, has the same cars with the Saturday's CG S2 event (except XRT).
Still it's empty, people can join there anytime, they dont need to wait an event, gathering up.

I didnt say it's your fault that they have no option on other servers. Your S2 is the only multiclass with automatic track rotation/vote as far as i can see... my conclusion if im not understood yet, is that the ACTIVITY fills up the server despite the event. They have no other choise. It's not that they like so much XFG/XRG. If they did, they would easily go fill up any other server on working non-event days. You know I'm right.

I'm not trying to change anything, im expressing my dissatisfaction one of the reasons im not active during weekends on which i have plenty of free time.

Despite the fact that you're communicative as an admin, with my purest feelings, sympathy and respect I'm telling you that sometimes you're a bit arrogant.

Truth is like i said, there's not an option for alternative multiclass servers like this nor the general LFS activity of old times that's why you see what you see on any event. Though that doesnt mean it's all peoples' true preference.

Offline Frozeni
Mon May 26, 2014 3:15 pm Post 
Dave wrote:
What, that FBM+FOX works?

Yeah, exactly.. i strongly believe in that combo :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon May 26, 2014 3:38 pm Post 
MorX wrote:
because it's demo is not a serious argument Dave.

It is.. 12 car grid and only Blackwood is not a serious argument from yóu. Besides, there are 5 million demo servers which some of them have a good organization. I am not going to put any effort in demo.. I have sometimes also something better to do! :fp:

MorX wrote:
t's not that they like so much XFG/XRG. If they did, they would easily go fill up any other server on working non-event days. You know I'm right.

No you are not, it's because they like XFG/XRG ...

MorX wrote:
I'm telling you that sometimes you're a bit arrogant.

I know that I am, if I am not, there would be chaos. Simply because èverybody has some opinion and everybody knows it better ;) (f)

Remember, I am doing this because I like it. It costs me money and time, with pleasure although it has its limits.

Frozeni wrote:
i strongly believe in that combo :)

Well, can give it another shot at the 22st.

Offline MorX
Mon May 26, 2014 3:43 pm Post 
You're the boss. Do what you want dave.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon May 26, 2014 3:47 pm Post 
You really sound like a kid now. :roll:

Which has only one interest; GT2/NGT ... Can't be offered 24/7. Comprises, compromises.

Offline MorX
Mon May 26, 2014 3:55 pm Post 
Take our conversation step by step, read it once... You call my attitude as a kid's one but you're playing the tape like an arrogant.
You do that a lot not only with me. I didnt want to say that but calling me a "kid" doesnt show any respect, did i show any disrespect when in serious conversation like above? Did I ?

Offline sermilan
Mon May 26, 2014 6:15 pm Post 
@Dave - I've shown your Hitler response to our request to my colleague last night and the reaction was explosive :) . Today, however, we couldn't keep ourselves from giggling anytime a person would say a simple "no" to any of us, so you kinda made our day :lol:

Dave wrote:
Everybody, please send a lot of boobs to Dave's inbox, now!! :lol:

@Morx - just to give my opinion on what you're trying to say: I actually don't like multiclass, cause lapping usually ruins good racing. I drive STD simply because it's kinda single class and also because it's relaxing and it's good to do so once a week. I mean, I can smoke while driving, drink beer or even eat a sandwich while racing :x

I support Frozeni's opinion on FBM & FOX and I think it's going to be fun. A little change from time to time couldn't hurt, on the contrary :wink:

Offline Frozeni
Mon May 26, 2014 7:14 pm Post 
Dave wrote:

Thank you!!!! :lief:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue May 27, 2014 4:55 am Post 
MorX wrote:
when in serious conversation like above?

MorX wrote:
You're the boss. Do what you want dave.

Thats not serious conversation, a conversation is that you respond on each others arguments. I could also call you a girl, they act the same.. But that option was already taken.

I am active on LFS -every day- talking to people for the last four years, you sometimes are here and then many months not and you are going to tell me whats going on, on LFS? I tell you what, some people continuously say to me that I need to make GTI 24/7 a week on S2. How about that?

sermilan wrote:
Everybody, please send a lot of boobs to Dave's inbox, now!! :lol:

They are nice but I think they are overrated :wink:

sermilan wrote:
Today, however, we couldn't keep ourselves from giggling anytime a person would say a simple "no" to any of us, so you kinda made our day :lol:

Well, thats véry nice to hear, I mean it :respect:

--
But eehh why so much negativism against FBM?

Offline Frozeni
Tue May 27, 2014 2:52 pm Post 
Dave wrote:

Well, for me its more about positivism for FOX, FBM is still a great car and fun to drive every now and then, but having another similar but quicker option available feels cool :)

And thanks for all the work you are doing here Dave, much appreciated :)
(Where is the "donate" button?!?! :wink: )

Offline sermilan
Tue May 27, 2014 6:38 pm Post 
Dave wrote:

Again, I agree with Froz. FBM is nice, but FOX is a bit more challenging, thus more interesting.
The idea is to keep FBM and introduce FOX as an option, so people who prefer FBM could still drive it.
Also, difference in speeds of the two cars is not big, so lapping shouldn't happen on most trucks, thus avoiding accidents. And when lapping happens, on short tracks, it would be easy to lap a car with 20-30kmh speed difference and with similar level of grip. So, there's very little increase of crash risk with those two cars on track. There will still be many more crashes in the same (two) class(es) than between the two.

And yes, FOX is not much harder to drive than FBM, too.

Offline initial D AE86
Tue May 27, 2014 8:18 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D

Offline OTone
Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:22 pm Post 
MorX wrote:
You call my attitude as a kid's one but you're playing the tape like an arrogant.
You do that a lot not only with me.

+1

No wonder why I blocked the messages few days ago on the server when Dave blatanly tried to be funny on me.
Didn't show any respect to me when he doesn't knew the difference between teamspeak conversations and public cargame server chats.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:17 pm Post 
Pppff two months later .. Not even going to reply on this.. => :lock:

[ 47 posts ]