agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 45 posts ]
Offline Inouva
Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:44 pm Post 
What is all about?, i race with fear because if i touch someon there is gona be some sort of problem but doesnt look that way with everyone else as today on aston 5x, there was total BUT total lack of respect on the track, ppl taking double revenge ( "receiver"), mprw JackCY cutting track and pushing others oot

ppl who divebomb after the straigh causing damage to who ever is there ( "receiver" ), Cutting the last 2 corners ( yes they cut over the grass and using anyone nearvy as wallride ( mprw JackCY )

or ppl who simple rams you and trow you to the chicane/pit wall ( "receiver" ) in the last corner

i'm not innocent at all here, but i try to keep some sort of standard to drive i give space, i respect others try to left some space if i'm door to door, i wanna enjoy a race, not being crashed, i wanna have a good fight with someon, not that someon after a small fight he push me to the bales/walls etc

even the fast ppl is starting to don't give a crap about others on the track, why is this happening?
Why is so much lack of respect on the track?

I dont want to questionate the admins works, i know they have life behind lfs and they are doing a good job to keep ppl out of trouble but still they are many many many many many drivers who still need to be rechecked to some point

i want a cargame.nl s2 a bit more enjoyable were you can have a race were ppl respect others were drivers have some sort of etiquete because at is it now is a bit a dissapoint of how ppl is driving on the servers

i dont know what else to say, i'm a bit worried about what happen today on aston, insted of some sort of moderation from the admins to whoever crashed me or pushed me oot, i'm not demanding BAN/KICK, drivers that crash others ( Example of aston 5 today ) they dont have any sort of punishment at all, maybe a "next race you cant race" or something like that as punishement whould be more adecuate to the lack of respect on the track

sorry for the rant but i'm really frustrated since i finish my job go home happy thinking lets play lfs and have fun, fireup lfs and get crashed by some amateur drivers and after that being laugh in the face...

Best Regards to all.

Offline Failezz
Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:26 pm Post 
Inouva wrote:
have a race were ppl respect others were drivers have some sort of etiquete

Sry to break it to u, but its not gonna happen. :aai: not 100% annyway. There allways more or less gonna be someone that ruin it for others.

Offline JackCY
Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:32 pm Post 
Inouva, enjoy your report I will enjoy my ban :lol: It is pretty normal to use whole width of track, if it's not allowed then change the layout which is very much needed for tracks like A13, KY3, FE4 if you don't want people to cut chicanes.
I give space and leave space, but if you go very slow, there is no way for me to avoid contact as you go very much below race speed suddenly. And so rear of my car made contact with your front when I tried to overtake you instead of hitting brakes and rear ending your car when you went too slow for that corner.

A13 is known for that silly chicane, change the layout, give there a penalty marker, or poles, so it is clear that the area is not to be used.

And instead of talking endlessly Inouva and treating the server like a chatroom you should race some more and complain less.

Offline BMW-gek
Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:40 pm Post 
Maybe there could be implemented that if you cut a corner with no wheels on the tarmac you get automatic a DT. Maybe Dave can answer this best.

For the rest of you're post, We noticed that the attitude from a few players is for a big cry on the server. Its not only the behaviour on the track, it is also that if racers disagree the insults and swearing are throwing into the chat.

We keep our eyes open and meanwhile if you don't get a response on the server make a report please.

Offline Inouva
Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:06 pm Post 
JackCY wrote:
Inouva, enjoy your report I will enjoy my ban :lol: It is pretty normal to use whole width of track, if it's not allowed then change the layout which is very much needed for tracks like A13, KY3, FE4 if you don't want people to cut chicanes.
I give spa

didnt report you to get banned, just reported you so any admin have an eye on you

and you cutted the chicane countless of times over the grass, i took the apex at the current speed and gear, you were the one who cut over the grass, with the four wheels of your car over the grass and used me as a wallride to avoid grass

JackCY wrote:
And instead of talking endlessly Inouva and treating the server like a chatroom you should race some more and complain less.

Gladly whould do that if YOU or others didnt use me as a crash test dummy.

Offline OTone
Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:50 am Post 
Inouva wrote:
Gladly whould do that if YOU or others didnt use me as a crash test dummy.

http://www.cargame.nl/dl.php?id=403969 - 2:00.00

"TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT ON THE TRACK" - Inouva 2013

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:25 am Post 
BMW-gek wrote:
if you cut a corner with no wheels on the tarmac you get automatic a DT. Maybe Dave can answer this best.

Well.. It is possible but A13 (also known as banana track or Aston Oval as I call it) has exactly 3 corners, one of them, the 'chicane' ... I, on purpose, left some room there because a large field can't go through this section without some escape space. So, if I place haybales, railing or armco half the field crashes and we get the same whining here. Of course it's possible to do some advanced stuff and say well.. If you 'cut' two laps thats OK but the third time you do it you receive a DT. Although, on A13 it means end of race because the pitlane is not really the best there :roll: . Now I could also make that if you cut track more then 2 laps you get a warning that the next lap needs to be 10 sec slower otherwise you receive a DT.. Problem is that it's a lot of hassle to build a location checker for all these places and a penalty routine like that.

A voted track has a life expectancy of around 1.5 hours. 2 hours with GTI class... What you also could do is go watch some tv or do some adult stuff or go to a different server... You come back... Voila, different situation, -FE4R in this case- ... Winwin.

It's impossible to have a full grid every day, all day, every minute of the day which acts like a baby racer dream heaven. Even in league racing, where there are 5897 rules and 700 hours of training on one track for weeks; noob crashing and revenge wrecking occurs. The forum and server replay section is designed to report the extreme cases and take action on it. There will not be much more "live management", it simply doesn't fit in my theory. Although, I could give some people more trust... Maybe I will, have to see, I am curious how the European winter is going to have effect on LFS. On some weekdays the server is half empty and so are other popular LFS S2 servers... I wonder when the time arrives there are no admins at all necessary anymore because racing on LFS becomes non existent and it will turn into a cheap ass cruise environment like SA-MP but with far less people.

Why am I still writing InSim stuff then? Well... Lets say not all hope is lost and I need better management tools in case people come back but fuckin hell.. The straw is thin hmm...

Offline BMW-gek
Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:55 am Post 
Dave wrote:
A voted track has a life expectancy of around 1.5 hours. 2 hours with GTI class... What you also could do is go watch some tv or do some adult stuff or go to a different server... You come back... Voila, different situation, -FE4R in this case- ... Winwin.

Not a winwin, awfull track FE4R :thumb_d: If you remove all the FE tracks I will run butt naked around the block.

And in the meantime we all sit and wait if the devs got a Christmas present for us this year :thumb:

Offline Moody
Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:44 am Post 
Dave wrote:
Although, I could give some people more trust... Maybe I will, have to see

Yes please! :lol: Just kidding. I mean, I'm allright with the noob powers I have at the moment.

BMW-gek wrote:
awfull track FE4R :thumb_d: If you remove all the FE tracks I will run butt naked around the block.

Couldn't say it better myself :roflol:

Offline Frozeni
Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:59 pm Post 
About the DT when cutting the track, i honestly dont know much tracks where you gain time by going off the track, most of the time it just ruins your tires and makes next corner alot harder (in GT2 atleast).

Some limited rights would definitely be useful in some situations. (Like chance to kick but not to ban -> one has to make a forum report)

Offline JackCY
Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:18 pm Post 
I guess I was lap behind or something that's why the banner, dunno I don't save replays, LFS has bug there and likes to disconnect more if the replay is being saved.

OTone wrote:
http://www.cargame.nl/dl.php?id=403969 - 2:00.00

"TOTAL LACK OF RESPECT ON THE TRACK" - Inouva 2013

:lol: I know why I didn't comment more on his driving.
That revenge track reentery :thumb_d:
Next, bump drafting and sending off track.
You were on a roll Inouva.

Dave wrote:
Well.. It is possible but A13 (also known as banana track or Aston Oval as I call it) has exactly 3 corners, one of them, the 'chicane' ... I, on purpose, left some room there because a large field can't go through this section without some escape space. So, if I place haybales, railing or armco half the field crashes and we get the same whining here. Of course it's possible to do some advanced stuff and say well.. If you 'cut' two laps thats OK but the third time you do it you receive a DT. Although, on A13 it means end of race because the pitlane is not really the best there :roll: . Now I could also make that if you cut track more then 2 laps you get a warning that the next lap needs to be 10 sec slower otherwise you receive a DT.. Problem is that it's a lot of hassle to build a location checker for all these places and a penalty routine like that.

You know that placing a simple pole or those speed humps might be enough. ACTUALLY, looking at the A13 I have locally it is already there! Poles and tyres, ok tyres not the best thing in LFS but the layout is clear and the pitlane is sensible with exit and entry, unlike the one you have where there is no entry at all?!?! Or one has to go around faux rouge? But I don't think that is there, didn't notice.

Please add speed humps, played with the chicane in an editor and the pitlane, why not try something like this? I've driven cleanly and recklessly different lines an there doesn't seem to be many objects thrown on track. You can always remove many many of them, I used too many for what LFS can sometimes handle smoothly. The poles around chicane help with orientation as well as the red lines.

The point is to have a railing on the pit entry so one cannot approach the jump over grass into the chicane and then the other turn of chicane has speed humps along and across, they have to be close to work and those along the corner do help quite a bit to slow down and throw the car a little more. There is also an escape zone but probably pointless was just trying it. The pit entry and exit this way is more sensible as long as people know to give way when rejoining track from pits in the chicane but that's the same when going out the other side.

Layout

Replay

I don't know if your layout has arrows after start but I've seen people in front row, hit brakes hard and turn left into the chicane, causing half the field to rear end them. People don't even know where to go let alone drive a chicane, and it's a 3 corners track, pathetic.

I suppose this original A13 is too messy:

This is what I made in the layout:

And I don't think A13 is the only track with banana chicane.
Plus you could also fix KY3/KY3R, use boothy chicane, most people know it.

Quote:

FE4R was good. I didn't even vote A13 I voted FE and then AS7.
FE and SO should be allowed with all cars, but then the noobs would just kill everyone :(

Quote:
It's impossible to have a full grid every day, all day, every minute of the day which acts like a baby racer dream heaven. Even in league racing, where there are 5897 rules and 700 hours of training on one track for weeks; noob crashing and revenge wrecking occurs. The forum and server replay section is designed to report the extreme cases and take action on it. There will not be much more "live management", it simply doesn't fit in my theory. Although, I could give some people more trust... Maybe I will, have to see, I am curious how the European winter is going to have effect on LFS.

You mean LFS winter? Because AC is out :lol:

Quote:
Why am I still writing InSim stuff then? Well... Lets say not all hope is lost and I need better management tools in case people come back but fuckin hell.. The straw is thin hmm...

Yeah, same issue for me with coding more for LFS. Just doesn't seem worth it if you don't have some use for it or it brings you something else.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:47 pm Post 
JackCY wrote:
Plus you could also fix KY3/KY3R, use boothy chicane, most people know it.

:nothanks: :nothanks: :nothanks: :nothanks: :duh:

JackCY wrote:
Because AC is out :lol:

Thats a hype, would die quickly without multiplayer shizzle.

Offline Frozeni
Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:22 am Post 
Yep, multiplayer is the core of any long lasting game =)

AI just simply can't, or never will be able to completely imitate human behaviour on track, not in our lifetime anyway :wink:

Offline Ulmo
Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:32 am Post 
A chicane in ky3 ? where ? 8)

Offline Moody
Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:51 am Post 
:lol:

Offline Speedy J
Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:06 pm Post 
Drive XFG. Release the stress, don't worry about AC or BC, just chiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Offline Ulmo
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:42 am Post 
air ride xfg like a speedy boss

we should race like that

Offline MorX
Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:24 pm Post 
If inouva is a female, i guess she's on her tough days. :lol:

If he's a boy, then he needs to get a laid a little.

So much blablabalabalabablbablablablaaahhh, keystroke finger pain and bandwidh wasted aswell ...!! :/

Inouva, if you want people's respect, cuddles, gentle bumps, honey, sugar, love and care... go play tetris, I bet it won't let you down!
This is cargame S2 and we're racing. We're not baking cakes or having a romantic hot bath.

You're just so fckin sensitive like a baby's ass. :yes:

Offline Speedy J
Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:05 pm Post 
Thankl you MorX, for sharing your thoughts in your as always emphatic words :lief:

Offline MorX
Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:20 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
Thankl you MorX, for sharing your thoughts in your as always emphatic words :lief:

my england if was bester would nicer emphasis words!!! :lief:

Offline Speedy J
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:50 pm Post 
:roflol:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:04 am Post 
MorX wrote:
If he's a boy, then he needs to get a laid a little.

I think we have to do with a shemale in this case. Happens, they exist. What exist also exists in LFS.

Explanation;

Quote:
transgender women could, for example, refer to either a woman who was assigned male at birth, identifies as a woman, but does not wish to undergo physical changes

Offline MorX
Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:08 pm Post 
Dave, Inouva can't simply accept that we -cargame racers- have strong temperament.

It's a well known fact that overtakes simply give glamour points when you drift-divebomb the apex flipping the finger. It's widely acceptable.
s/he just can't understand the magic of flipping the finger declaring "im strong" rather than playing passive and bitching around. pfffff

Im telling this because s/he does the exact opposite. (Let's get serious)
s/he's driving good enough, i have to admit, BUT in a passive way. When things get a bit tight, s/he's pushing up to a point and when there's nothing more to do, crash and blame.

BESIDES HE HAS LAG. LAG by its own, is a big issue.

anyway, let's recall this.,

Link

Offline Speedy J
Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:55 pm Post 

Offline MorX
Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:07 pm Post 
If only you understood greek mate .... :lol:

Offline initial D AE86
Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:26 pm Post 

Offline franky.s
Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:13 pm Post 

Offline Moody
Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:32 pm Post 

Offline JackCY
Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:55 pm Post 

Guess what I come back this Saturday (13.50 CET), track name Aston, !tr, A13...
Look at the chicane, most people cut the hell of it this weekend, I mean seriously like I did last week when it seemed unacceptable to some because they have forgotten.

Now they jump cut the grass and then cut drive over the curbs on sand.

The Pit exit is also confusing, there is two exits and no pit entry? :fp:
Well unless one wants to jump over those bales.

Luckily only 1 race till this track is gone.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:35 pm Post 
JackCY wrote:
Luckily only 1 race till this track is gone.

Exactly, don't like it just do something else.

JackCY wrote:
Well unless one wants to jump over those bales.

Take the ramp indeed. LFS is limited in options, simple.

Offline BMW-gek
Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:56 pm Post 
JackCY wrote:

Guess what I come back this Saturday (13.50 CET), track name Aston, !tr, A13...
Look at the chicane, most people cut the hell of it this weekend, I mean seriously like I did last week when it seemed unacceptable to some because they have forgotten.

The unacceptable part was ramming your way through, just a friendly reminder (f)

Offline JackCY
Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:55 pm Post 
Cool, no problem with that.
As long as you do it fairly.

There are options to the layout, it's just about who makes the layout and using a ramp is weird for a pit entry really. Maybe there is an issue with exiting the opposite way due to wrong way but I don't think that is a big issue with all the INSIM management already there.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:39 pm Post 
It actually is a big issue. It takes Airio too much time to realize somebody is driving in the wrong direction. I didn't do it because I thought it was funny. It's either this or no A13 at all.

There are 71 combo's in the system a the moment, I don't understand why there has to be so much discussion about one combo. But if it continues then I simply move it to the night cycle. :roll:

Offline Speedy J
Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:12 am Post 
Dave wrote:
I thought it was funny

Do you remember that eactly this is the reason you (and some others, BMW-gek, me) started with LFS in the first place?

It should all be about fun. Then. And now.

Just saying (f)

Offline JackCY
Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:45 am Post 
Oh, the update of location is so slow? Or is it rather due to the processing of insim data?

Move the ramps to the chicane :lol:

Either we fly jump it or not cut it at all then :roflol:

I admit I've tried to jump the ramps already, but found them too far from the wall to be able to jump over it :lol:

The track gets selected I would say not to rarely, because it has the least amount of turns and I would say those shorter tracks get selected the most due to the majority not wanting to drive longer tracks, as well because it gets more packed on the track where as on the longer ones it nicely spreads out.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:31 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
It should all be about fun. Then. And now.

Oh but I do have fun but I only put unnecessary objects on the track when I want to annoy Otone or when I drank little some beers.

JackCY wrote:
Oh, the update of location is so slow?

Hmm position updates are quite fast, that shouldn't be the problem.

JackCY wrote:
Or is it rather due to the processing of insim data?

Airio is closed source so I don't know exactly whats going on but it takes too long. Now I still am interested to build something on my own but I wonder what the use of that is when 90% is on Assetto Corsa next year :roll:

Offline JackCY
Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:42 pm Post 
Yeah even I am thinking of rather starting to make tools for AC, since when I get a new PC why not, I'm not gonna wait around until somebody botches something I can just write it myself and learn something.

Too bad, I thought Airio might be open.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:32 am Post 
Even if it would be, I wasn't interested because it's ASP.NET :nothanks:

AC = Python. I want to get familiar with that much more then I would want to be familiar with ASP.NET. So whatever happens, it's good. :wink:

Offline MorX
Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:57 am Post 
Dave do something about that cursor. It's flirting with my eyeballs and a pair of balls further down are growing bigger out of frustration :D

Offline BMW-gek
Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:39 pm Post 

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:25 pm Post 
MorX wrote:
do something about that cursor.

:huh:

Already done that weeks ago :roll:

Offline MorX
Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:19 pm Post 
I need always to hide that with shift+i ... when i join the race!

Offline Frozeni
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:01 pm Post 
Usually its about 2-4 times when exiting garage when mid race.

If you're on the grid its only 1 time. =)

Offline MorX
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:24 pm Post 
This sucks!

I blame inouva for this shit! :angry:

Offline initial D AE86
Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:45 pm Post 
MorX wrote:

[ 45 posts ]