agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Offline Nivoglibina
Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:37 pm Post 
Hey all,

I've recently had a lot of fun racing on the cargame servers.
I'd imagine that hosting multiple servers online 24/7 for at least a couple of years must have cost some money (and a lot of hours free time). I have no idea who is paying for this, but is there a way I can contribute to this with a small donation?

TenCate

Offline Failezz
Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:06 pm Post 
Cargame.nl > Dave = server owner and i guess its his own net this system is built @. ?

But yes. Donations would be nice to make. :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:51 pm Post 
OK too many PM's lately so need to do official reply. :D

If this is not properly managed it gives problems, but I understand the wish and it actually can boost my motivation too (sometimes I have this feeling to ... Well.. Fackitall feeling :oops: ). Money is not the real issue, its more the feeling 'why am I doing all this to begin with'.

But ehhrrm.. I'm quite busy lately to make a big InSim reconstruction (after a full year of doing completely nothing) and I also will take this SMALL (!) donation thing into it. Be a little patient, I think I need one or two months before you guys see any difference. To replace big parts of Airio functionality is not easy and I only want to spend a little time on it every day to prevent me from becoming crazy :wink: (more crazy, some say I already am crazy :duh: ). And I want to prioritize that above all, because *mumbles in himself* *think its better*.

And.. I still wonder if the LFS devs are doing ANYTHING.. Pff.. But thats a different story :fp: .

Offline initial D AE86
Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:52 am Post 
Dave wrote:
(more crazy, some say I already am crazy :duh: )

Dave , do not worry,not only you , have a problem with that :cheer:

Offline Nivoglibina
Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:19 am Post 
Dave wrote:
its more the feeling 'why am I doing all this to begin with'

Because without a server like Cargame with the possibility of a lot of cars, LFS would have been shelved in my case, so thank you!

Offline sermilan
Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:20 am Post 
Because without a server like Cargame with the possibility of a lot of cars, LFS would have been shelved in my case, so thank you!
The most of CG visitors would agree on this (f)

Offline Frozeni
Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:18 pm Post 
Indeed :thumb:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:27 pm Post 
Well that is not entirely how it works. There always is a fresh idiot to start something up. Maybe with different standards but still. And that gets accepted after some time :wink:

Not by all, but you can never make everybody happy.

[ 8 posts ]