agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 47 posts ]
Offline Dave
Site Admin
Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:18 am Post 
I was playing with that in my head for a long time now and I think it's time to try this out.

South City and Fern Bay where never designed for GTR cars because it are S1 tracks but you can still race them of course on the GTR server.

Might making a wrong decision here, maybe not. We will see.

Every six minutes there is a noob announcement in the server when one of these tracks is on and people start asking why they can't select GTR cars. :duh: :wink:

Offline Silver
Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:24 am Post 
Bravo! :woop:

Offline Litro
Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:38 am Post 
Oh,oh! :o Let's see what would happen now.

Offline Skagen
Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:37 pm Post 
Add bonus points for driving UFB :lol:

No, seriously. Large UFB grids are kick ass.

Offline Nick7
Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:04 am Post 
:thumb_d:
SO rocks with GT2's...

Offline rageshgr
Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:48 am Post 
Good decison, driving GT2 on those very tight tracks are frustrating for both GT2 and other classes IMO. In SO especially its very difficult to give way to blue flag without ruining ones own car/lap, especially in those chicanes. BTW, is it not implemented yet? I saw GT2 at FE25 today.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:14 am Post 
Crap, then I still made a program mistake somewhere

Will check later, 1350km from home right now. Having a party :x

Offline kiyoshi
Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:57 am Post 
Your efforts to improve the racing on the servers is appreciated. This might not be the right thing to change, but it's good to try something. :)

Offline gammelsokdk
Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:29 pm Post 
same on the other track tho. :D

Offline Litro
Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:12 pm Post 
Really this stuff doesnt works. Only spamming that you cant: go to GTR server. I believed to this text, but other drivers not. And I got GT2 too. :D

Offline Derohk
Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:41 am Post 
i agree and disagree with this

Agree:some people can drive these cars awesome on BL and AS but put them on SO and the have a heart attack and wreck the whole field
Disagree:ive been to street races with bigger faster cars and it was amazing yes i know i know they were professionals but ive also seen some club races on very tight tracks with very fast cars. i went to the baltimore GP and it was amazingly tight but the ALMS had less wrecks than the F2000 and star mazda races so just a thought :woop:

Offline -Joske-
Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:49 am Post 
Is it also possible to make on small tracks not 38 connections rule but 20? Are there 21 or more than you can't drive GT2. But when it is not so busy (max 20 connections), you can drive GT2 because there is enough place to drive.

Offline Nicce
Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:45 pm Post 
^that and can the limit be reseted when its a track swapp ??
if its a GT2 friendly track ofc. :=)

Offline fadeaway
Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:10 pm Post 
I think thats already set :wink:

Offline BMW-gek
Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:14 pm Post 
-Joske- wrote:
Is it also possible to make on small tracks not 38 connections rule but 20? Are there 21 or more than you can't drive GT2. But when it is not so busy (max 20 connections), you can drive GT2 because there is enough place to drive.

Agree on this one.

Offline Ulmo
Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:31 pm Post 
its a shame we cant race on fe4 or so4 (long track) without GT2/GTR .. :)

Offline fadeaway
Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:00 am Post 
Last night i couldn't get to drive gt2 since 7 to almost 11 pm, and there was 30 something connections. FE and SO tracks were folowing each other, and than after that on b11 i waited for 15-20 mins with under 30 conns trying to join Doc and Skagen and still couldn't choose gt2 and i got bored and left :angry:
Earlier that day i was on gtr server and had some nice gt2 races with Terga, but then there was that guy who raced us with gtr stealing the fun.. We managed to beat him couple of times but still :nono:

Offline BMW-gek
Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:50 pm Post 
Is there a possibility to refuse a misbehaving GT2 driver to drive a GT2 car for a amount of time. In combination with a restriction on 32 connections for GT2 instead of 38 connections?

Offline Speedy J
Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:36 pm Post 
Dunno but I would be willing to keep an eye on those who deserve that by keeping their safety rate under 90%. Same thing could be done by more admins, including you.

Offline BMW-gek
Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:59 pm Post 
Speedy J wrote:
Same thing could be done by more admins, including you.

Got a example from 2 days ago. http://www.cargame.nl/forum/reports-f8/banned-jakino-t5332.html

Offline DOC
Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:35 pm Post 
TbH i miss my FX2 on this Tracks and the great Fight´s in this Class. :thumb_d:
I Think with a minimum of Respect to each other many accidents would not happen, but in every Class are Driver´s who think their Way is the one and only!
Here my personal simple Rules for Fun and Clean Racing: Slower Class, Always try to avoid a Crash, do nothing suprising like, changing line in last sec. or Driving in the middle of the Street, or Havy breaking!
Faster Cars: Always try to avoid a Crash, slow down and pass Safely in the Right Moment! And to all Classes: Mistakes in a close Race always happens, dont Cry about every little Bump that Happens, Take it like a Man and go on With Racing! ( ok last thing are sometimes not working :x )

Just a Question: Is it possible to increase safety Rate for Driving GT2 Class, maybe about up to 96 or 97 , now its 90 if i am Right? I think that would give a bit more patience to some Drivers...

Greetz DOC

Offline Ulmo
Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:29 pm Post 
agree woth doc for safety condition ;) 90 for NGT , 95 for gt2

Offline Nick7
Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:46 pm Post 
.. and 98% for UFB :lol:

Offline franky.s
Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:55 am Post 
yes,

for GT2 safty rate should be 96-97%. That way, people who like to race in that there gt2 cars will drive more carefully and respect rules and more important the other drivers around them.

only drivers trusted to drive gt2 are the good ones. also, when a colision happens in gt2 you should lose more safty rate than normal so to be extra careful. this will leave only fair racers or people driving fx2 at 20kph :lol:

Offline kiyoshi
Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:00 pm Post 
Dream on. :)

Offline fadeaway
Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:16 pm Post 
Currently 25 people on we1r and gt2 don't work for a while, whats going on? :huh: :(

Offline Skagen
Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:37 pm Post 
I agree the safety rating requirements for GT2 should be increased. If it was 97-98%, people would consider it a real privilege to race it. And off course, they would be more careful not to loose this privilege.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:57 am Post 
fadeaway wrote:
and gt2 don't work for a while, whats going on? :huh: :(

Hmm dunno.. Do !mycars (or !mc) when that happens. Tell me if gt2 is inside the 'generally prohibited' line.

Switching from lock to unlock state and viceversa takes a few minutes but you know that, I think.

Offline fadeaway
Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:02 am Post 
Yeah i know.. i waited one race (so over 10min, if we count entry screen it was like over 15min) and when gt2 was still locked i got bored and left. It was working fine 2h later when i got back tbh. Previous track was SO (gt2 locked track), so it probably have something to do with that, since this is not the first time it happened

Offline eXeYn
Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:17 am Post 
Reconnecting helps in this case.

And you also can drive with GT2 on Fern Bay and South City. Not sure when it happens but it looks like when we get the GT2 enabled message when connections drop.

Offline sermilan
Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:33 pm Post 
Why not finally lift the restriction on GT2 class? I mean, it is already well proven that restricting GT2 won't reduce the amount of accidents, quite contrary... there have been more reports on bad driving now, than when GT2 was allowed anywhere any time.

As fadeaway said "i got bored and left"... I get quite frustrated with this >38 conns issue. The last time I raced on CG we were at AS4 and I spun on the straight following the fast chicane. I SHIFTed + S quickly to avoid causing mayhem because there were a lot of cars behind me coming fast, but I couldn't rejoin with GT2 any longer, because number of connections topped 38 :huh: .

Besides, the most suitable car of all available to avoid slower cars is no other than ---> a GT2 car.
You can at least do this on the tracks where GT2 is allowed. Increase safety ratio standard perhaps, if you want.
Ban GT2 on tracks in the name of this topic, but allow them unrestrictedly on all the other tracks.

Offline Skagen
Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:02 pm Post 
Yes, the current GT2 restrictions is quite unfair at times. Some get to race GT2, others don't.

Offline kiyoshi
Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:04 pm Post 
sermilan wrote:
Why not finally lift the restriction on GT2 class? I mean, it is already well proven that restricting GT2 won't reduce the amount of accidents, quite contrary... there have been more reports on bad driving now, than when GT2 was allowed anywhere any time.

There is no proof that the increase in reports has anything at all to do with the class restrictions. It is a coincidence. The increase in reports is almost certainly due to the increase in new & inexperienced drivers over Christmas, which continues now. I could just as well say that the change in class restriction has brought many new players & made the server more popular, but I won't because that wouldn't be true. :)

Statistics can be very misleading, and should be handled with care. :hug:

While I'm here, IMO, the most suitable car for passing slower cars, especially on tight circuits, is the UFR. It gets more grip when it slows down, rather than sometimes losing downforce.
Having said that, I don't mind if GT2 is fully allowed, but the more classes there are racing on a full server, the more problems there will be.

Offline sermilan
Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:43 pm Post 
Yap, UFR has more grip than FX2 :thumb:

Offline fadeaway
Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 pm Post 
eXeYn wrote:
Reconnecting helps in this case.

Offc i tried that, didn't help.

Offline Speedy J
Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:29 pm Post 
Join race in non-GT2, go back into pits, to garage and then you should be able to click GT2.

Offline fadeaway
Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:52 am Post 
Offc i tried that too, gt2 was still locked. I'm not noob on cargame, you know :)

Offline Skagen
Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:24 pm Post 
Today GT2 was disabled for all five races on KY3, while the conns topped at 36 the whole time. The conns checker seems to have stopped working.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:53 am Post 
Yeah well.. There could be some improvements yes... I agree...

But this whole GT2 bashing thing is there to get people MOVING to another server (don't particularly have to be CG, really. We can't and don't have to manage it all). And how annoying I can be, people just don't do it huh.

What I want to prevent is that S2 becomes a GT2 server, so thats why that connection thing is there. But.. It should be better to limit the cars currently on the track (X times gtr2 on track => lock).

- So I agree that connection limit thing is annoying
- I do not agree with having GT2 back on SO/FE
- unrestricted GTR, I don't believe that is saver :|

Offline Skagen
Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:16 am Post 
The GT2 locking feature is in all essence a symptom that things are not working well as they are now. And it's been like that for quite some time. I'd propose to attack the problem at its roots, and remove GT2 from the S2 server alltogether. It would be a win-win situation for both road cars and GT2 cars, as the S2 server have proved they don't mix well (or atleast rearly do). And there would be no more whining about this GT2 locking :P

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:00 am Post 
Well, thats a brave post :o :D

Offline sermilan
Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:36 pm Post 
Well, considering Dave's enlightenment on GT2 issue ...
cargame.nl wrote:
But this whole GT2 bashing thing is there to get people MOVING to another server (don't particularly have to be CG, really. We can't and don't have to manage it all).

... I think it is time to resolve this GT2 problem once and for all. I do agree with Skagen, let's ban GT2 from S2. There are various reasons for that and I think it would be the best thing to do.

We are going to either move to cargame GTR or somewhere else.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:21 pm Post 
You dog.

Offline franky.s
Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:39 pm Post 
remove gtr from s2? no.

you must make safty points to drive in gt5 higher. that way, if ytou lose some points then you easily will lose gtr and will make you drive more careful

Offline kiyoshi
Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:27 pm Post 
Would be better to remove UFB first. :)

Offline Ulmo
Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:38 pm Post 
kiyoshi is true, UFB cause much more problems thant GTR some months ago , especially on fe / so track, who ufb driver dont respect class rules

Offline dadoml
Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:01 pm Post 
what are class rules? :lol:

[ 47 posts ]