agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 18 posts ]
Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:56 pm Post 
There where some requests to do some changes to the GTR+OW server throughout the days (months :oops: )

Today, I completely changed the setup of this server. I decided to make it a GTR only server (partly due to requests ;) )

It's a GTR server now with UFR and XFR.. Look at the description in pit box when you select a car... Those cars are GTR as well.

So this is the new system;

As you can see, the 'real' GTR cars aren't freely available anymore. Newbies must score points as well to be allowed to drive FXx/XRx/FZx cars. They start with a XFR or UFR which are pretty save cars which create less havoc when handled improperly.

The next stage is GT3 class, a class which wasn't supported yet on our server system. AIRW supports GT3 so there are a lot of WR's to be attacked or made, again.

GT2 was not available in the old configuration, only on the S2 multiclass server. Now it's on the GTR server too.

Last, and most powerful class is of course the GTR class without restrictions.

I'll hope that I pleased everyone with this change and if there are doubts, remarks.. Or whatever.. I would like to hear it :D

... An Open Wheel server will return, but somehow this is highly unpopular @LFS (except FOX) so I expect that to be mostly empty :cry:

Offline Litro
Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:57 pm Post 
:thumb:

Offline jahilton2002
Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:05 am Post 
so you taken the fjr away from me? after all the wr i set and time i've spent on gtr+ow? :angry: :nono: :thumb_d:

why does it have to be "GTR" and "OPEN WHEEL".

whats wrong with a mixed grid with restrictions in place so its fair and safe..... i loved racing in the fjr against gtrs.... :( :cry: :x

or even a server with all cars (except bf1 :lol: ) but with the points system in place so you have to work upto it? like the old days :(

or a server ranking system.

gtr (for exaple)

gtr server 1 = 0 to 500 points
(if you have higer points you are forced to move to gtr server 2)

gtr server 2 =500 to 1000 if you have more points again your forced to move to elite gtr server

just ideas.

im really upset :huh:

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:46 am Post 
It's not the way it currently works anymore.. People are not that easily being 'moved' ... People like to be with other people. Team mates, friends.

They drive in different classes/cars and are not being split up easily.

Because the GTR server was and is very low populated it's easy to do a change. Nothing to loose, everything to gain. In fact it's a lot clearer now, in my eyes. GTR server as being a real GTR server.

jahilton2002 wrote:
i loved racing in the fjr against gtrs.... :( :cry: :x

I know... It's the only exception in my head that I might want to make.

FJR as a 'bonus' car, like UFB is now on the S2 server. Few will drive it anyway, because of the clutch/shift issue.

Offline Hafik1
Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:12 pm Post 
:thumb:

Offline [TDRT]K.Harvey
Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:59 pm Post 
I like it, the challenge now is to get people aware of that change ;)

Offline Speedy J
Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:14 pm Post 
Or have them agreed to it.... :roll:

Offline 420! cryp
Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:40 pm Post 
lol this is funny thanks for the knowledge :yes: but this knowledge wont mend a broken heart

Offline Nick7
Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:36 am Post 
Sigh... miss OW on these servers.
Was fun to race FOX against GTR's on some tracks :)

And tbh, this server is still quite empty compared to S2, so so far - don't see a real problem if OW cars are also back here.

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:10 am Post 
:D

Yesterday evening there where more racers on the GTR server then there where on the S2 server. 23 against 19.

I know that some miss opportunities but sadly I have to listen to the silent majority :nah:

Offline jahilton2002
Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:57 am Post 
i miss ow also, tbh i've not been on lfs since the ow server was shut down..... think i might be moving away from lfs... justo ordered gran turismo 5 :huh:

Offline Speedy J
Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:13 am Post 
Well that is sad news John on this Monday morning..... you forgot how much fun it is to have some nice GTR races?

Offline Litro
Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:25 am Post 
But he want to make FJR WRs. :thumb:

Offline jahilton2002
Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:36 pm Post 
yeah its fun.... found myself goinf on s1 s0 to play something different, (sick of gtr lol) think i might of spotted harvy and litro :lol: :thumb:

Offline Skagen
Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:34 pm Post 
Have you considered turning the GTR server into yet another S2 server?
Might be worth a try seeing how S2 often is full (sometims it's so full i can't even connect), and the GTR server is usally a ghost town.

Although, the GTR server is nice for doing hotlaps without disturbance. :)

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:38 pm Post 
No we already have two S2 servers (.la and .nl)

It's some sort of ritual to always connect to the S2 server. It's almost not breakable.

Only the S1 server surprisingly can. I think there is not much to do at the moment to bring change in the situation.

I keep a good eye at the FOX Junkies server, it has dropped massively in popularity the last months. Also the AMG server is less populated. It's kinda worrying actually.

Any news why the FOX junkies server has such a drop? In the old days "we battled" to be the best populated server and this is really not good, LFS-wise.

Offline Skagen
Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:40 pm Post 
Oh, never knew there already was two of them. Perhaps put up a notice about it in the welcome message so to move people when the .nl is full? :)

Offline mike259
Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:39 pm Post 
Well I also noticed many players that came back bcz of that mail with the "Progress Report".

[ 18 posts ]