Offline Litro
Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:25 am Post 
What is !lp ? :o

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:35 am Post 
Time to explain it I guess.

Good timing because I removed some bugs yesterday :D

... !lp stands for "ladder points" and is at this moment still in beta.

It's a project designed by me and has it's roots at Trackmania. Sandeman and I played that game before Live for Speed and I got a little bored earlier than he with that game (I basically was less skilled :x :wink: ).

Trackmania is known for it's ladder system. If you win a race or finish in front of someone else which is higher ranked that you are, you get points. Otherwise you get no points. I tried to recreate that and I'm trying to design a same 'feel', which is harder than I thought by the way.

Anyway, this whole thing runs on the demo server only, simply because the demo server is the less complex of all to begin with. No classes, just two cars and one track.

So, how do you earn lp points?;

1% of the current lp points of that person or persons who finish lower than you. Only when they have more points than you have! If you have more points you get -nothing-.

If you finish first and all other players below you have less points, except two... You only get 1% of the points of the two racers below you.

Well, you don't get not exactly nothing. If you finish you get 0.01 point for making it to the finish. That is almost nothing, I know, it's just to kickstart the system.

Testing and penalizing

In the upcoming days I want to test how this system develops and I also want to penalize everybody who does not finish a race for a full day (for example -0.1 point for every day not racing). Also the same logic as Trackmania has.

All in all I'm not sure if every award or penalty is a fair amount. Tests must show that. I also must determine if the system works correctly in all conditions.

Currently you do not participate in this system at all if you have made less than 2 laps in a race and/or didn't pit. The system simply ignores that you existed in the race in that case.

Ingame communicating.

I'm looking for a way to get this system into the game itself. Obviously I need some help from EQ Worry on this.

Offline Litro
Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:59 am Post 
Very complex system. :D

[ 3 posts ]