agenda   !top [???]   !pb 24h   S0 S2 GTI   S1  S2  GTI   !ex   !lp

Page 1 of 1  [ 17 posts ]
Offline ramla
Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:42 am Post 
Ok, so, many people seem to agree it's a bad idea for Cargame S1 to have MRTs with slicks driving in midst of all other cars running with road tyres. Now, the MRT is quite harmless, you might think. At 305 kg with driver and fuel it can't cause a big accident.

There's that. Then there are the T1 massacres where some tiny bump to one MRT causes the whole rest of the grid to brake, swerve and worse. Or it could be just the MRT driver's own doing, it being a twitchy short box whose oversteer can only be corrected by the Skywalker kindred.

If that were all, it would be almost fine to let those funny boxes spin around. But no, they are always continuously in the way of other classes since they lose in straight speed and corner faster than each of the other cars. Its agile handling encourages drivers to take any opportunity to fill a gap, be the distracted driver in an overall faster car or the MRT driver a midjoiner.

Above said, I believe MRT should be disabled on CG S1 as it only brings about chaos and frustration.

tl:dr or not, I guarantee you five full laps of quality racing entertainment in the form of JP Lohtari and myself battling in LX6s after my taunt "beat you next race" just before restart and at lap 6 a massive double facepalm provided by roman ballbaggio (local MRT driver, anonymised). Enjoy!

http://www.cargame.nl/dl_s1.php?id=290824

Offline Dave
Site Admin
Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:55 am Post 
Well.. I do know about those problems but most problems at this moment are caused by too much demand of the S1 server because people can't find the S2 server. I didn't watched the replay but if I look at the webresults; 32 started, 23 finished I already know enough. Just too busy, the mixture of talent and non talent is too much.

I think the situation will normalize after the test patch gets officially 0.6c at the end of this week. The sweet spot on the S1 server... Well any server actually... Is about 20-24 racers.

Offline Litro
Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:32 am Post 
Well, MRT also can be a good ramp :lol: :lol:

Link

Offline ramla
Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:18 pm Post 
That's more like a kamikaze bomber. In fact, that's a very good characterization of an MRT, it's just more often than not a dud. Yet an effective dud.

Offline Frozeni
Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:58 pm Post 
Only car i like to drive in S1 server.. please dont take it away ;_;

Offline Mastahx
Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:28 pm Post 
Same, DonĀ“t take it away.

Offline Mikki
Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:33 pm Post 
I mostly play MRT and FXO and as mouse driver it's pain to play cars like LX4 or LX6 since throttle controll is such and huge difference in time between mouse and wheel. Don't take it away.

Offline OTone
Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:59 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:
Only car i like to drive in S1 server.. please dont take it away ;_;

+1

PLEASE!

Offline frankies91
Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:31 pm Post 
fast car please keep

Offline Frozeni
Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:03 am Post 
franky.s wrote:
fast car please keep

fixed :P

Offline franky.s
Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:22 pm Post 
:l

bloody things get in the way!!

Offline sermilan
Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:09 pm Post 
franky.s wrote:
fast car please keep

Yes, Franky, I agree with you, let's keep them!

Offline franky.s
Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:42 pm Post 
-.-

Offline TEM|Y.Laprevotte
Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:25 am Post 
Mikki wrote:
I mostly play MRT and FXO and as mouse driver it's pain to play cars like LX4 or LX6 since throttle controll is such and huge difference in time between mouse and wheel. Don't take it away.

Really? LX4 doesn't require much precision when it comes to throttle input... It's flat at the exit most of the times!

Besides, MRT was one of the cars I had the most trouble with during my mouse days. probably because it requires a very smooth and precise steering input.

Offline Frozeni
Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:03 pm Post 
Really? LX4 doesn't require much precision when it comes to throttle input... It's flat at the exit most of the times!

Besides, MRT was one of the cars I had the most trouble with during my mouse days. probably because it requires a very smooth and precise steering input.

Atleast for me LX4 requires much more to control than, lets say FZ2.. Yes you can go flatout with mouse but the countersteering you need to do is ridicilous.

With MRT you can change the steering in a way that it's more easier with mouse :) But i agree it's damn floppy car to drive :thumb:

Offline TEM|Y.Laprevotte
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:00 pm Post 
Frozeni wrote:

Atleast for me LX4 requires much more to control than, lets say FZ2.. Yes you can go flatout with mouse but the countersteering you need to do is ridicilous.

With MRT you can change the steering in a way that it's more easier with mouse :) But i agree it's damn floppy car to drive :thumb:

Never felt that countersteering was a big problem with mouse. Yes it's not a very precise business, but one small flick and you already go full lock!

Offline Frozeni
Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:55 am Post 
but one small flick and you already go full lock

That's what i meant, you can change how much the lock is, and how fast it will go there. I like the car though, i raced DOC a few times with it and it was awesome :)

[ 17 posts ]